• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otfreaks Athera Graphics

The stages of me making my new Pine Tree it's not 100% yet need to fiddle about with the outline ect, some steps of the tree III Made lol

fcsig2.png

EDIT :Not for public use all graphics posted in this thread will be implemented into http://otland.net/f61/athera-online-172815/:

So beautiful, I want to learn to sprite like that.

Thank you people appreciating my work helps me carry on :),

Well everyone has to start somewhere! this was my first ever tree haha, made roughly in 2006-2007

2f06npg.png

My current level of tree's is

eugej6.png

I'd be more than happy to help you if you are spriting or thinking of starting, more pixel artists are moving over to 3D modeling now! so not cool we need the 2D spriters to live on!
Drop me a PM if your interested :)

Maybe you could make some kind of tutorial, would be awesome :D
I really like to know how you make the leaves like that, you use some kind of tool? because I doubt you make the pixels one by one :p

In a few days I may do that :) a bit busy at the moment with Athera but if i get a moment I shall, That tree believe it or not was done pixel by pixel :) I was on it for over 3 days to be honest Photoshop ect is like an alien war ship to me haha I think I tried Photoshop a few years ago loaded it up looked at it closed it instantly, I'll admit seeing some people use them tools they do look quite useful however the look you get in a sprite when every pixel is supposed to be where it has been placed is incredible compared to some of the blur tools ect they are okay but you don't have complete control over each individual pixel, remember every single pixel makes a difference :)

I agree with Athera, control over each individual pixel are very important.

@Big tree
I think the tree trunk should receive more attention and a global shade to idealize the perspective.

Thank you :), yea I agree with the trunk needing work, I am not used to working with such a big sprite so it was quite challenging haha its like 15x the size of a tibian tree

What we need is tutorials for making monsters/outfits. The main issue is perspective. So if you could make a tut for that, you would be the most liked spriter of the forum trololol xD

I have to build over existing tibia sprites which is kind of tedious and limited.

Keep it up anyway.. It's nice to see lots of map sprites!

@up (not the bot)
Not really, small things that exist in real tibia already kind of provide a good tutorial as you can use them as example. Things like trees however are not just based on having a good example. With the amount of pixels, lack of outlines for basic shapes, it's alot harder.

Last edited:
I will start creating a few tutorials for people now :) I have a couple of hours today so I will make a start as soon as the tut is done I will let you all know

I like the water, sand, buildigs etc, but grass and tree (the leafs) looks terrible, sorry I know you put lot of work on it, but it's really looking crappy in my eyes...

I like the water, sand, buildigs etc, but grass and tree (the leafs) looks terrible, sorry I know you put lot of work on it, but it's really looking crappy in my eyes...

Why not tell us why they look crappy? What's so "crappy" about them?

To me they look vibrant, textured and very well placed. They're also a very vivid green, which looks very bright and colourful. What more could you want?

Sorry for not being active the past 2 days guys, Monster Tutorial to follow in a few hours I am creating a bear for Athera Online but will also make a detailed tutorial on it as requested :), Blez the Dragon is next on my list! :D I shall start it straight after my fluffy bear is done! Thank you Krille and that's okay you are entitled to your own opinion and if my graphics are not for you that's fine :).

Cheers Gary :D <3

Dan/

Sorry guys I've had Flu and haven't really had any energy to do anything apart from blow my nose haha, @Leshrot thank you for the offer! but I am fine just had some shading issues as my sprite was so so big haha

Who ever gave me reputation and commented "Great Sprites" thank you I appreciate it :) I have no idea how to check who sent it haha.

Dan/.

Okay afjk67ael :) I shall finish him soon and make a few tutorials for you guys to the best of my knowledge (may not be very good but I shall do my best), also more apologies still recovering haha.

To Limos thank you buddy I really do appreciate it I shall not let anyone :) anyone who wants updates on Athera feel free to check out our forum, major developments coming soon :) Athera-Online Official Forum

:)

Here is a female looktype I have been working on for Athera-Online :) (Only the beginning no where near complete)
And also some of my very first sprites from 2006! haha I'd like to think I have improved a little :)

2chev5.png

I think it will be motivating for spriters to see how good spriters started. It's cool you're going for a totaly different style then real tibia, already made more outfits?

Back