• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otfreaks Athera Graphics

AtheraOnline

Reaction score
Otfreaks Athera-Online Graphics

Athera-Online Website
Official Graphics Spoiler By Dan (Founder of Athera-Online)

What is Athera-Online?, Athera-Online is a 2D retro massive multiplayer online rpg adventure game in which you can interact with players from all over the globe, battle fearsome long lost creatures, release the inner adventurer inside of you and take on dangerous and ruthless quests, take control of your character, improve, level up and learn new skills, become more powerful, forge strong alliances and compete with enemies for power and glory.

Some FAQ
How long has Athera been in production? Athera-Online has always been a dream of mine since I can remember, however I have only recently started turning those dreams into graphics. I would say I have been creating/learning pixel art for 5 years now, and finally now I have the confidence to put it all together and manage Athera.

What is the dream?

To create a world with colourful scenery, a world in which People can log in and forget all the problems in the world today for a few moments each day, make friends from all over the globe and be the person you truly want to be, people often find it hard to be who they truly are for whatever reasons, however when playing games like these with people you do not know face to face you can switch off from who you are being told to be and become who you want to be.

Does Athera have some sort of personal meaning to me?​
Rather than just a game created for profit and exploit. Most definitely, I can safely say the dream will never be lost this game is and will always be about the players and the feeling/experience they get when playing Athera, of course there will be costs to cover and as long as I can cover them through the game without affecting the game play and experience of the players then I shall, I will never sacrifice the players experience to make/increase earnings. If the costs are covered great! If there is profit great! However I draw the line at exploiting people and upsetting their experience for more profit, I would work several different jobs to keep the game running if I had to, I have played a lot of games in which the management only cares for personal profit.

When will Athera-Online officially launch?
There is no set launch date at the moment however we hope to launch Athera sometime in-between December 2013 - December 2014.​

Who is the founder of Athera?

That would be me!, my name is Daniel (Dan if you please) I am from England and I am 22 years young, and also my Co Founder Anthony (Ant) also from England who has always supported my graphics since I started all those years ago, given me feedback and basically shares the same interest in the game as me.

In-Game Visuals
(© of AtheraOnline theft/miss use without permission of any graphics (sprites) created for this project shall be punishable by a court of law)​

2804emv.jpg

347y5ts.png

2j3kxsl.png

2146x6r.png

2i06grc.jpg

©AtheraOnline

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to Otland ;)
Looks cool but cant help u sry :/

Thank you and thank you again lol, my friend logged onto my teamviewer and he cannot see any problem with it, do you see the transparency in the image? does the North East tile appear lighter than the South tiles for you?

Okay I will just try and complete them and see what happens after lol, Thank you :) I will have a new Thread here pretty soon with spoilers and stuff to give people a general idea of whats coming, and I will be posting in the Jobs section fairly soon for recruiting :).

- - - Updated - - -

lavaalmostdone.png

Almost done the transparency has now gone lol, No idea what was happening but it's stopped now.

Do you like.. really have to use paint?
If you use photoshop, you won't have such problems because it exactly shows you each pixel and you can see if it's transparent at all or not.

Photoshop could never give me the retro pixel effect style that I sprite in, and I have no idea how to use Photoshop to tell the truth haha, I am happy Spriting in paint have done for 5 years now, But the problem was with my monitor the cable was not fully inside the socket which caused a smudge effect on my screen.

athera, try using paint.net it's basically paint just a few tools that are handy. It took me a few minutes to get used to the jump from paint to paint.net but its better trust me ;d. Though, i'm still learning spriting tbh. Need to have a complete session where i sit down and go through it all.

Anyway, looks alright man :) look forward to seeing your activity round here :)

Thank you Blez, @Ghost I'd rather stick with paint haha does the job for me, but thank you anyway :) a small screeny I put together, full thread coming soon, all of my Graphics are copyrighted anyone who feels the need to steal them shall be strung up by there balls and poked to death.

2v10ku8.png

Last edited:
I have no bad tougts except the monsters could use some more dark details. They look to pale for the environment.

They're cool but try to make 2/3 types of the same border (grass|sea).

Hopefully if I get this team together fairly soon you will be able to Vendeliko :D, Yea I agree it could have a bit more variation :) I would love to post all of my graphics here but I really do not want them stolen, I shall put a few more pictures together this week :)

Hopefully if I get this team together fairly soon you will be able to Vendeliko :D, Yea I agree it could have a bit more variation :) I would love to post all of my graphics here but I really do not want them stolen, I shall put a few more pictures together this week :)

Add watermarks :)

@edit

And what about
I will have a new Thread here pretty soon with spoilers and stuff to give people a general idea of whats coming, and I will be posting in the Jobs section fairly soon for recruiting
?

It is very easy to remove watermarks when it comes to sprites I am afraid, I have already started to work on the thread and I shall post it Monday around midday and I will personally send you a private message so that you can check it out :).

Back