• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTitemeditor problem with save

mareczek123

Reaction score
Hello

I'm using OTitemeditor 0.3.1 from githube.
I added one new item (just for testing now, don't look at graphic)

When I tried to save new item.otb file all went fine.

But in game this item doesn't work as it should. So I checked one more time items.otb and this is what I see :
344bluq.jpg

1. why this attributes are in RED?
2 when I try to select pickuable and then save all is ok, OTeditor said - saved. But then when I open one more time this file I see that this attribute was not save, and both are in red

later in game I can not take this sword in hand or in my bag, it also has no weight.
I added in items.xml such code :

Code:
    <item id="22703" article="a" name="COOOL SWORD">
        <attribute key="weight" value="2500" />
        <attribute key="defense" value="10000" />
        <attribute key="attack" value="120000" />
        <attribute key="weaponType" value="sword" />
        <attribute key="extradef" value="1" />
    </item>

I'm using TFS 1.0
what is a problem?

if im not wrong you also have to change .dat file to edit/add items into game completely.
I assume the Red text means you are not allowed to change these.
I also tried in my game to make keys un-useable, and it never allowed me to change that, (although i could do other things with it.)
After further investigation i was told to change .dat file and then i just stopped working on that small issue.

thx for your answer

but I think that i'm changing .dat file when I complile it with objectbuilder - it compiled at once .dat file nad .spr file, am I right?

I discovered that I have to load and save items.otb several times I also added Ware ID (what is this anyway?) the same as client ID and name , and only then my item works correct in game, but still I have some red :
2u6efyq.jpg

And no matter how many times I select - useable and save - it never save, still unchecked when I load items.otb one more time

Back