• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion OTLand is dying out? Let's rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, so I've noticed the only time people come to Otland is to leech things to put in their Otserver.

I don't really use Otland anymore, I just come on here to check things and just post. Though I've noticed not many people do that anymore.

Otland used to be a good community, with people posting all day everyday. Perhaps theres a way to rebuild this? We need to attract more people to this forum, in any way possible...

A few suggestions -

Host a pvp server - ? OTPVP.ORG ?

One with balanced vocations created by the OTLand staff team, including Korn, Tala and whoever else. I understand you may be busy with your real lifes at the moment but even an hour a week.

Host competitions

Such as more mapping competitions, graphics, sprites etc! But don't do it just in the OTLand community, we should get other people from other forums or even people who don't even know what OT or Tibia is, we can introduce them to it. Reward prizes such as free 3 month donator status or something.

Raffles?!

We could do raffles for donator status, Tibia characters, Tibia cash or even RL objects such as a gamer mouse, new laptop or something! Obviously OTLand would make profit through this as the tickets would cost something like 5 euros each and theres 100 slots = 500 euros.

More sections!

I'm not sure what you could add to this, but I'm sure other people have ideas ?

USER FRIENDLY!

Enforce the laws! I've noticed theres been alot of flaming and insults over the forums the past year or so, so why not make OTLand a friendly place for people to communicate properly? I mean the friends list should actually have a meaning to it...

Theres so much more that we can do to improve OTLand. I've noticed a few inactive Mod's, but thats none of my business, thats up to management to improve..

Yours,
Dave.

Edit;
Perhaps bringing back hosted forums and emails would advertise OTLand a little more and make it more attractive??

Last edited:
Not a bad idea but there's already alot of forums for those games for that purpose and I think it'd make the open tibia community even smaller

What is Dying is tibia, so otland will die 2 if they continue like this....
We whana new project, experiences, new things.. xD!

Need less rl maps. More custom servers that are fun

I quit most of Tibia for one reason:

Sick and tired of all of the people copying word for word of everybody elses shit.

Ots copy rl tibia with all these boring ass rl tibia maps with slightly higher exp... still, boring, if i want to look at that map i log into tibia.

Tibia coppied ots with release of yalahar. hated tibia since.

I only play RPG ots that are fully customized that are balanced, have GOOD mapping not SPAMMING THE PISS OUT OF SHIT making tons of bugs, etc. And Ots specialize in one thing: Making money, shutting down 3 months later, re-opening with different name or different hoster a week later. I'd be poor as fuck if i donated to ots. especially those that cost 10$ for one piece of equipment, its not even donations, its not black market either. its simply a scam.

Reason tibia is boring: very few updates/year, and they slack a lot. When i came back to tibia in 2007 i expected it to be much better, instead, it was way worse, then over the course of 2 more years it got even worse, how can that happen with only a handfull of updates... idk but it did.

As always i say, What could make Otland really big, is another datapacks and distributions of another type of servers. Runescape, Meetin2, WOW, dunno more xD!

I disagree, this will bring less population to Open Tibia.

Need less rl maps. More custom servers that are fun
I agree fully. Real Tibia Maps and Evolution's are just killing the Open Tibia community at the moment.

@Delirium.

Fine. But basicly I'm talking about making everything public - that did destroyed OT community, peoples are quited because their OTServers has been hacked, and then published - in that case I would quite too... So we, and all other OT communities, should check the data source before approving, so users can not publish & download "ready to run" OTServers, and also, there is something we can not stop right now - tutorials about anything: it's not even hard for a newbie, to make linux server, mysql server, windows server, compile server or w/e... In my mind, we got too many tutorials, everyone create OTS with 0 problems, so there are LARGE about of servers & duplicated servers. But this is only my opinion, of course, that each users may have different opinion, so don't hate me :(.

/sorry for my English, don't have many time to check the words, so don't forget to blame me about my English!

It's not anybody's fault that servers are being hacked but their owners'. Had they secured their server perfectly and trusted the proper people, they wouldn't have been hacked. In my opinion, this is what happens to many download 'n run servers. The majority of these people are newbies and don't have much knowledge about security and stuff like that, hence they get hacked and quit out of frustration.

Regarding the tutorials, this is a good thing. Spreading knowledge is good, I don't see something bad out of it. We should be deleting copyrighted servers or works of other people and keep it out of the board. I think we agree on that one :p

You want servers that are original? Hate download and deploy CipSoft game-world rip servers? Want a vibrant community? Afraid of the flash client?

Abandon the idea that you are OpenTibia. Take what we've made so far and embrace the future. I thank CipSoft for making a clone of Ultima 6's style and running with it so far. But why are we limiting ourselves to their lead? It's not like Cip and the OT community are stars in an epic war film, Cip the proven hero we should follow into the bowels of hell trusting in their leadership to see us through.

We need our own client. As a community. Continue as we have but achieve this end, and then we can extend support for new features where they have not. We should take the torch and sprint ahead perhaps even to the point where they have to start cloning. It would be a fine day if the state of our community a year from now was CipSoft the one perpetually playing catch-up.

Once an 'OpenClient' reaches a mature state, we can cast off in another direction. With complete control of the both ends of client/server model, we can hardcode features that are completely impossible just using Cip's client and an IP changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back