• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion OTLand is dying out? Let's rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, so I've noticed the only time people come to Otland is to leech things to put in their Otserver.

I don't really use Otland anymore, I just come on here to check things and just post. Though I've noticed not many people do that anymore.

Otland used to be a good community, with people posting all day everyday. Perhaps theres a way to rebuild this? We need to attract more people to this forum, in any way possible...

A few suggestions -

Host a pvp server - ? OTPVP.ORG ?

One with balanced vocations created by the OTLand staff team, including Korn, Tala and whoever else. I understand you may be busy with your real lifes at the moment but even an hour a week.

Host competitions

Such as more mapping competitions, graphics, sprites etc! But don't do it just in the OTLand community, we should get other people from other forums or even people who don't even know what OT or Tibia is, we can introduce them to it. Reward prizes such as free 3 month donator status or something.

Raffles?!

We could do raffles for donator status, Tibia characters, Tibia cash or even RL objects such as a gamer mouse, new laptop or something! Obviously OTLand would make profit through this as the tickets would cost something like 5 euros each and theres 100 slots = 500 euros.

More sections!

I'm not sure what you could add to this, but I'm sure other people have ideas ?

USER FRIENDLY!

Enforce the laws! I've noticed theres been alot of flaming and insults over the forums the past year or so, so why not make OTLand a friendly place for people to communicate properly? I mean the friends list should actually have a meaning to it...

Theres so much more that we can do to improve OTLand. I've noticed a few inactive Mod's, but thats none of my business, thats up to management to improve..

Yours,
Dave.

Edit;
Perhaps bringing back hosted forums and emails would advertise OTLand a little more and make it more attractive??

Last edited:
Well maybe when the flash client goes out, more people will play tibia (maybe not xP) and it will kinda kill open tibia, but i'll have to start from 0 and maybe that will help and open tibia will reborn!
or maybe not

Maybe .. but I still disagree.

I really do hope open tibia stays alive even after the flash client.

We are almost dead because a lot of people betrayed otland and are now in Vapus

Well.. and how not?.. now i asked help for a rev 4115 i download when i was premium and a guy asked me i need to be premium again for him give me help about my thread for the mounts stuff... i have the script and everything but when i tame it, dont see anything on outfits thing...
with ppl like him, what we can do?

Maybe he want us to make him his server from 0

And dont forget the only thing people is in VAPUS....they steal our Private sub and released it as free

And dont forget the only thing people is in VAPUS....they steal our Private sub and released it as free

I hate leakers.

Leakers are one of the reasons MANY game dedicated forums die out and get infested with cancer.

ie
ragezone
game cheetah

And now they even can even post it as 0.4 TFS they renamed as Crystal shit

that is why 90% users use vapus, 5% are the ones that need to sell something (i lol'ed hard at the things that nwtr are selling there, alot of scripts/map/AAC by cyko that he (nwtr) doesn't even know how to make simple things :p), 4% are the ones that always wanted to be mod here in otland and now are mod in vapus, 0.5% = stian and paxton, 0.5% = just you and me that pass by sometimes just to see how it is going on

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha good one, thats true , also because there they can sell their Cipsoft content

You don't even realize what VAPus is doing they are creating an entirely new distro with python, it will be way more efficient than otserv/tfs, you say you want to continue improving and using creativity and talent to become better and that is exactly what VAPus is doing.

And where is this distro? i just see 0.4 and crysal server svn, and who are the developers of the new distro?

Look at PyOT in the svn. Stian and Fallen, along with a few other people who help out.

mmm well hope they finish the developing of this new engine, also a good idea to get more ppl here in otland is fix and optimize the older revs, people is starting to play a lot tibia 7.6.

Vapus are doing their own thing, so there is no need to mention what projects they are running here. This is a thread for suggestions on how to improve OTLand not talk about Vapus and their projects, thank you.

A few suggestions -

Host a pvp server - ? OTPVP.ORG ?

One with balanced vocations created by the OTLand staff team, including Korn, Tala and whoever else. I understand you may be busy with your real lifes at the moment but even an hour a week.
I don't think that would attract new users to the community, and both I and Kornholijo have more important stuff to focus on. There is already a thread somewhere about a OtLand server, and I told Don Daniello that we can sponsor this server with hosting etc. if it ever gets finished, I don't think it's more than an idea right now though.

Host competitions

Such as more mapping competitions, graphics, sprites etc! But don't do it just in the OTLand community, we should get other people from other forums or even people who don't even know what OT or Tibia is, we can introduce them to it. Reward prizes such as free 3 month donator status or something.
Personally, even if I had the time to host these kind of competitions I'm not into the designing/mapping area and wouldn't be a good judge (letting the public vote won't work, because anyone can just create new accounts and keep voting). You are free to host mapping contests here: Contests, if you feel that it needs more attention or a better prize you can contact me or Kornholijo and if your contest looks good enough we can post an announcement and add a premium subscription to the prize.

Raffles?!

We could do raffles for donator status, Tibia characters, Tibia cash or even RL objects such as a gamer mouse, new laptop or something! Obviously OTLand would make profit through this as the tickets would cost something like 5 euros each and theres 100 slots = 500 euros.
This is a good idea. We could host something like this in the future.

More sections!

I'm not sure what you could add to this, but I'm sure other people have ideas ?
This won't really increase activity, if anything I think it will decrease activity because users will start to post in different boards instead of the same one which would mean less users at the same board. It might work in some boards though where there is a lot of activity, such as the advertisement board.

USER FRIENDLY!

Enforce the laws! I've noticed theres been alot of flaming and insults over the forums the past year or so, so why not make OTLand a friendly place for people to communicate properly? I mean the friends list should actually have a meaning to it...
Although we try to deal with all these kind of posts, we aren't able to moderate every single new post all the time. You can help by reporting such posts.

You don't even realize what VAPus is doing they are creating an entirely new distro with python, it will be way more efficient than otserv/tfs, you say you want to continue improving and using creativity and talent to become better and that is exactly what VAPus is doing.
You seem to be very convinced by their words, even though it isn't much more than that. A rewrite in Python will not be way more efficient than otserv/tfs, even though there are a lot of improvements that could be done to otserv/tfs, most of them are trivial, would require a lot of work and will definitely introduce new bugs that we aren't interested in dealing with right now. Our current priority in The Forgotten Server development group is to eliminate all active bugs (keep an eye at the project tools for progress), and release a new stable version as soon as possible. The Python rewrite will not lead to anything good, it will just push us back to having a server that barely has any features. No scripts will be compatible, and you can't expect the OpenTibia community to learn Python in a day. Even if it will be finished, which it probably never will be at the rate it is being developed in right now, nobody will use it. People like you might try it at first because you have been convinced that it can hold 10 times (not true, by the way) more players than otserv/tfs.

There is really nothing good at VAPus or PyOt, the few times I've looked at how they are progressing it looks really bad. I mean, there is some user (developer of PyOt?) called Big Vamp claiming a lot of stuff about PyOt when he hasn't even made a single commit to the subversion and barely knows Python, when someone told him that, the user was given an infraction IIRC. Stian is copying articles he finds on other websites trying to make it look like he is a god of knowledge. Crystal Server seems to be some portuguese guy having fun diffing our changes we make in our development version of The Forgotten Server and patching them there, but being unable to keep up with it (last commit 36 days ago) or even having any idea what he is copying which puts it in a really broken state. There are many other things to bash on, but I'm not even going to bother mentioning them because it isn't really my problem and my intention was mostly to clarify the situation with PyOt. I don't think there is any reason to wait for PyOt unless you are very interested in spending countless of time reinventing the wheel. This thread is not regarding this topic though, so if you would like to discuss this further feel free to create a new thread about it.

You seem to be very convinced by their words, even though it isn't much more than that. A rewrite in Python will not be way more efficient than otserv/tfs, even though there are a lot of improvements that could be done to otserv/tfs, most of them are trivial, would require a lot of work and will definitely introduce new bugs that we aren't interested in dealing with right now. Our current priority in The Forgotten Server development group is to eliminate all active bugs (keep an eye at the project tools for progress), and release a new stable version as soon as possible. The Python rewrite will not lead to anything good, it will just push us back to having a server that barely has any features. No scripts will be compatible, and you can't expect the OpenTibia community to learn Python in a day. Even if it will be finished, which it probably never will be at the rate it is being developed in right now, nobody will use it. People like you might try it at first because you have been convinced that it can hold 10 times (not true, by the way) more players than otserv/tfs.

There is really nothing good at VAPus or PyOt, the few times I've looked at how they are progressing it looks really bad. I mean, there is some user (developer of PyOt?) called Big Vamp claiming a lot of stuff about PyOt when he hasn't even made a single commit to the subversion and barely knows Python, when someone told him that, the user was given an infraction IIRC. Stian is copying articles he finds on other websites trying to make it look like he is a god of knowledge. Crystal Server seems to be some portuguese guy having fun diffing our changes we make in our development version of The Forgotten Server and patching them there, but being unable to keep up with it (last commit 36 days ago) or even having any idea what he is copying which puts it in a really broken state. There are many other things to bash on, but I'm not even going to bother mentioning them because it isn't really my problem and my intention was mostly to clarify the situation with PyOt. I don't think there is any reason to wait for PyOt unless you are very interested in spending countless of time reinventing the wheel. This thread is not regarding this topic though, so if you would like to discuss this further feel free to create a new thread about it.
Also, its hard to debug stian's code, since he sends the packets after he setups all of them up not just 1 by 1 like in TFS, where you send it with a dispatcher thread or w/e i kinda forgot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back