• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion OTLand is dying out? Let's rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, so I've noticed the only time people come to Otland is to leech things to put in their Otserver.

I don't really use Otland anymore, I just come on here to check things and just post. Though I've noticed not many people do that anymore.

Otland used to be a good community, with people posting all day everyday. Perhaps theres a way to rebuild this? We need to attract more people to this forum, in any way possible...

A few suggestions -

Host a pvp server - ? OTPVP.ORG ?

One with balanced vocations created by the OTLand staff team, including Korn, Tala and whoever else. I understand you may be busy with your real lifes at the moment but even an hour a week.

Host competitions

Such as more mapping competitions, graphics, sprites etc! But don't do it just in the OTLand community, we should get other people from other forums or even people who don't even know what OT or Tibia is, we can introduce them to it. Reward prizes such as free 3 month donator status or something.

Raffles?!

We could do raffles for donator status, Tibia characters, Tibia cash or even RL objects such as a gamer mouse, new laptop or something! Obviously OTLand would make profit through this as the tickets would cost something like 5 euros each and theres 100 slots = 500 euros.

More sections!

I'm not sure what you could add to this, but I'm sure other people have ideas ?

USER FRIENDLY!

Enforce the laws! I've noticed theres been alot of flaming and insults over the forums the past year or so, so why not make OTLand a friendly place for people to communicate properly? I mean the friends list should actually have a meaning to it...

Theres so much more that we can do to improve OTLand. I've noticed a few inactive Mod's, but thats none of my business, thats up to management to improve..

Yours,
Dave.

Edit;
Perhaps bringing back hosted forums and emails would advertise OTLand a little more and make it more attractive??

Last edited:
Thank you for replying Talaturen as I feel you have provided enough information to me.

The raffle idea I feel would be great to do and I hope to see it in the future.

The raffle dont have an item, can be a VPS for 30 days! i think a loot of people will love this

Ej, you need to notice one thing - some years ago, community was better, because peoples who was creating OTServers were more intelligent, nice and creative! These users are retired, because they don't see a reason why they need to stay in here, they have a wifes, kids or w/e, but these aren't the primary reasons. In my opinion, they are gone because of the persons that were invaded the OpenTibia - kids, they don't see any other point in it than making money, why they do? Because everything is for free - why peoples are so dumb, and make everything public? I don't know, but only OpenTibia community is that blunt (not everyone, just those noobs who are making everything public only for rep++, lol)!

So at the end: we earned ourselves and we can have pretensions only to ourselves, utterly we fucked up OpenTibia.
Other games communities are 'fighting' with peoples like we have - who are only making servers for money, if we won't start to fight them too, we'll unfortunately fall down.

At least they have some sort of motivation to contribute :rolleyes:

At least they have some sort of motivation to contribute :rolleyes:

Motivation? Look at those, who are asking on support about dump questions... Those people aren't creative, and they wouldn't be because they know this: "Why should I use my brain, while those guys at support help me so easy!", is that what you called 'motivation'?

Motivation? Look at those, who are asking on support about dump questions... Those people aren't creative, and they wouldn't be because they know this: "Why should I use my brain, while those guys at support help me so easy!", is that what you called 'motivation'?

You're the last one guy that should talk about motivation in this thread, cause you spread more demotivation by deleting good posts and in the same time writing own useless points. And who cares if someone wants to get rep for their help? Why do you even meditate on that? Compared to those 'dump questions' your point in this thread is very creative, lawl.

The time will come when OtLand goes popular as hell again.

Or it will end up like Otfans, dead as fuck.

Seems like the events that took place in 2007 are taking place here, again, but with different people!

GriZzm0 trololo's Talaturen
Talaturen Rage quits OTFans and creates OtLand

Talaturen Trololo's Stian and Paxton
Stian disregards that he sucks cocks and continues with VAPus
Paxtons Lawls and renames ModernAAC to VAPus AAC + shitlist on otland
VAPus 1.0 soon to be released to compete with TFS 0.4

OtLand slowly looses its population to VAPus

Seems like the story with OtFans and OtLand already

Or it will end up like Otfans, dead as fuck.

Seems like the events that took place in 2007 are taking place here, again, but with different people!

GriZzm0 trololo's Talaturen
Talaturen Rage quits OTFans and creates OtLand

Talaturen Trololo's Stian and Paxton
Stian disregards that he sucks cocks and continues with VAPus
Paxtons Lawls and renames ModernAAC to VAPus AAC + shitlist on otland
VAPus 1.0 soon to be released to compete with TFS 0.4

OtLand slowly looses its population to VAPus

Seems like the story with OtFans and OtLand already

That's not happening, because VAPus has nothing to compete with. They keep proving that by releasing the server developed by us. The users who leave OtLand for VAPus are just not seeing the whole picture, they are probably unaware of how long time it will actually take for the developers at VAPus to finish anything usable in a production environment. If hanging around at a dead forum which barely has any potential, discussing how they would possibly grow is something they enjoy, then let them do so and go talk with them about it there. This thread is not about another community, it's about the activity on OtLand and what we can do to improve, so stay on topic.

Maybe they will listen to you now you said stay on topic..

Vapus has nothing to do with this thread.. Suprised that the mods actually joined in the chat of Vapus too..

But, more suggestions would be nice! :)

That's not happening, because VAPus has nothing to compete with. They keep proving that by releasing the server developed by us. The users who leave OtLand for VAPus are just not seeing the whole picture, they are probably unaware of how long time it will actually take for the developers at VAPus to finish anything usable in a production environment. If hanging around at a dead forum which barely has any potential, discussing how they would possibly grow is something they enjoy, then let them do so and go talk with them about it there. This thread is not about another community, it's about the activity on OtLand and what we can do to improve, so stay on topic.

herpderp implying voice me pls

banning troll users, is a main reason aswell, first, its +1 for otland, and second, they're funny people i like them, they make us laugh, its cool xd

I wasn't talking about people requesting support, requesting support isn't contribution. I was talking about people who help/contribute by just requesting rep. These two are different categories, don't mix them up. At least, people who are contributing are asking for the minimum thing they could get, rep. They ain't asking for money, gold or other valuable things.

Wanna know my answer too? YES. Their motivation is that those guys at support help they so easy. So they will not use their brains.

There's tons of noobs who's just posting in the Support Section. They're too lazy to figure out the answer.

@Delirium.

Fine. But basicly I'm talking about making everything public - that did destroyed OT community, peoples are quited because their OTServers has been hacked, and then published - in that case I would quite too... So we, and all other OT communities, should check the data source before approving, so users can not publish & download "ready to run" OTServers, and also, there is something we can not stop right now - tutorials about anything: it's not even hard for a newbie, to make linux server, mysql server, windows server, compile server or w/e... In my mind, we got too many tutorials, everyone create OTS with 0 problems, so there are LARGE about of servers & duplicated servers. But this is only my opinion, of course, that each users may have different opinion, so don't hate me :(.

/sorry for my English, don't have many time to check the words, so don't forget to blame me about my English!

I WANT TALATUREN'S HEAD ON A PLATE

make an old tibia sub-forum as was suggested and some old players will use this forum again perhaps

JUST SAYEN

I WANT TALATUREN'S HEAD ON A PLATE

make an old tibia sub-forum as was suggested and some old players will use this forum again perhaps

JUST SAYEN

Nah I disagree, I think the forum would be dead. There's not enough old school players. Even though I am one myself.

Talu is awesome.
@ samme I think they should make datapacks a must pay for or premium
feature. Why? It'd eliminate the countless ots that are just downloaded and ran and it's create a bigger player base on serious ots.
Some will disagree with that, that's fine, don't need to hear your rage everyone has there own opinions ;)

As always i say, What could make Otland really big, is another datapacks and distributions of another type of servers. Runescape, Meetin2, WOW, dunno more xD!

Not a bad idea but there's already alot of forums for those games for that purpose and I think it'd make the open tibia community even smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back