• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion OTLand is dying out? Let's rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, so I've noticed the only time people come to Otland is to leech things to put in their Otserver.

I don't really use Otland anymore, I just come on here to check things and just post. Though I've noticed not many people do that anymore.

Otland used to be a good community, with people posting all day everyday. Perhaps theres a way to rebuild this? We need to attract more people to this forum, in any way possible...

A few suggestions -

Host a pvp server - ? OTPVP.ORG ?

One with balanced vocations created by the OTLand staff team, including Korn, Tala and whoever else. I understand you may be busy with your real lifes at the moment but even an hour a week.

Host competitions

Such as more mapping competitions, graphics, sprites etc! But don't do it just in the OTLand community, we should get other people from other forums or even people who don't even know what OT or Tibia is, we can introduce them to it. Reward prizes such as free 3 month donator status or something.

Raffles?!

We could do raffles for donator status, Tibia characters, Tibia cash or even RL objects such as a gamer mouse, new laptop or something! Obviously OTLand would make profit through this as the tickets would cost something like 5 euros each and theres 100 slots = 500 euros.

More sections!

I'm not sure what you could add to this, but I'm sure other people have ideas ?

USER FRIENDLY!

Enforce the laws! I've noticed theres been alot of flaming and insults over the forums the past year or so, so why not make OTLand a friendly place for people to communicate properly? I mean the friends list should actually have a meaning to it...

Theres so much more that we can do to improve OTLand. I've noticed a few inactive Mod's, but thats none of my business, thats up to management to improve..

Yours,
Dave.

Edit;
Perhaps bringing back hosted forums and emails would advertise OTLand a little more and make it more attractive??

Last edited:
One with balanced vocations created by the OTLand staff team, including Korn, Tala and whoever else. I understand you may be busy with your real lifes at the moment but even an hour a week.

Korn and Lua/TFS, you must be kiding me, haha.

Ej, you need to notice one thing - some years ago, community was better, because peoples who was creating OTServers were more intelligent, nice and creative! These users are retired, because they don't see a reason why they need to stay in here, they have a wifes, kids or w/e, but these aren't the primary reasons. In my opinion, they are gone because of the persons that were invaded the OpenTibia - kids, they don't see any other point in it than making money, why they do? Because everything is for free - why peoples are so dumb, and make everything public? I don't know, but only OpenTibia community is that blunt (not everyone, just those noobs who are making everything public only for rep++, lol)!

So at the end: we earned ourselves and we can have pretensions only to ourselves, utterly we fucked up OpenTibia.
Other games communities are 'fighting' with peoples like we have - who are only making servers for money, if we won't start to fight them too, we'll unfortunately fall down.

Ej, you need to notice one thing - some years ago, community was better, because peoples who was creating OTServers were more intelligent, nice and creative! These users are retired, because they don't see a reason why they need to stay in here, they have a wifes, kids or w/e, but these aren't the primary reasons. In my opinion, they are gone because of the persons that were invaded the OpenTibia - kids, they don't see any other point in it than making money, why they do? Because everything is for free - why peoples are so dumb, and make everything public? I don't know, but only OpenTibia community is that blunt (not everyone, just those noobs who are making everything public only for rep++, lol)!

So at the end: we earned ourselves and we can have pretensions only to ourselves, utterly we fucked up OpenTibia.
Other games communities are 'fighting' with peoples like we have - who are only making servers for money, if we won't start to fight them too, we'll unfortunately fall down.

I guess your right. Though, I dont have a solution for what people can do to stop this? Perhaps not releasing anything to public? Is that what your saying?

I guess your right. Though, I dont have a solution for what people can do to stop this? Perhaps not releasing anything to public? Is that what your saying?

I did not say that we shouldn't release anything, we can, but within the limits of common sense... Web content related are "ok" (almost), but there are too many download & run servers, there are tutorials for everything, seriously - everything! EVEN a person with IQ level lower than 5 shouldn't have problems with starting his server. Also it's not even a Otland problem - I've said that's community problems, Otland has the same packages/tutorials that almost every other forums has too (peoples are leaking/copying for rep++)... so, it would help us out ONLY when every admin of those "big community forums" will fight with those persons - but it seems like it's almost impossible, when admins are earning money from this also. (In my opinion, there isn't a better solution for that) :<

Last edited:
I guess so.

I guess money influences people to do bad things :(

Money makes the World go round...

Peoples like to earn money fast & easy.
I remember the time, when peoples need to pay for the SMS shop scripts, etc. ^^

OtLand is filled with newfags and trolls. Eliminating them will unfortunately result in a forum as active as otfans, dead as fuck

this, my dear sysops, is what happens when you filter out the less-than-perfect traffic

I been here since 2008, but I usually just lurked and posted once in a while.

OTLand was a lot better before :p

There was dedication, creativity and a very active community.

It has gone down, but Otland still isn't in the stage of "dying"
OTfans is

Otland is dead.
When we want something, we dont get it, everyone hated/hates the new design, why keep it?

This forums sucks, all forums sucks,
(ooooo i insulted the forum!!!)

I remember when it was fun to spam the forum, to check every post, to make new threads, now its shit, i only make threads when i need somethig...

Before there was alot of nice scripters like Colandus who made tons of tutorials and released tons of scripts all the time. This caused alot of attention. Now there are very few people who release and contribute to otland. There arent many new things here, and the official distributions are being slowly updated. We still have TFS 0.3.6pl1 as the most used distribution and its over 1 year old.

Also in general, tibia is loosing much popularity.

Edited main post..

This forum is just far too serious, whats why you lost most of your users. Just my opinion.

Just so true. I remember old times when it was cool to have working life rings etc XDD. But old times will never come back

Well maybe when the flash client goes out, more people will play tibia (maybe not xP) and it will kinda kill open tibia, but it'll have to start from 0 and maybe that will help and open tibia will reborn!
or maybe not

Last edited:
I heard frame rate isn't exactly great in the flash client, who knows maybe they'll work on it before it's out for real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back