• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLand's community appreciation.

owned

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm not sure if some of you guys on this forum feel that the people who help you, owe you this help or something but it seems that people can't take 2 seconds out of their day to say thank you, or in some way express their appreciation for the person helping them.

I'm not saying this goes for everyone but a good majority of this community feels no need to show appreciation for what another person has helped them with. My thought is that these people don't deserve the help of others anymore, and I refuse to help these people a second time.

What do you guys think?

If you help people nowadays you simply cannot expect a 'thank you', why? cause most of the people asking for help doesn't even help others.

If you help people nowadays you simply cannot expect a 'thank you', why? cause most of the people asking for help doesn't even help others.

Most people, not all, but definitely the vast majority.

that you should finish ur server

@Topic ^this and that I agree, it would be nice for more people to actually say thank you, but we can't change people or force them to be a way they aren't, we can only add motivation.

I have seen you post this a couple times, what does it mean?

That you should finish your server, and to stop helping people on otland it's a waste of time
I don't think it's a waste of time to help people, it brings life to the community. I just think the people who ask for this help shouldn't be ignorant / selfish.

I don't think it's a waste of time to help people, it brings life to the community. I just think the people who ask for this help shouldn't be ignorant / selfish.
I mean back in the day it wasn't a waste but now people just use that shit for RL map servers... Kinda kills it

I would need to say thank you to @owned for making this thread as i helped alot of people and posted a few things on here and rarely i would get a thank you.. and i would like to thank @Shadowsong for some of the stuff he helped me with and all the other people like @Limos @Scarlet Ayleid @Xagul @HeartlessX and a bunch more i cannot think of right now. the help along the lines to get me to where i am now "NOT THAT GOOD LOL" has gave me more knowledge about open tibia and for that i thank you.

And to everyone who has posted useful links threads tools and scripts thanks and keep it up and unique little piece of code you think of is useful to someone :)

Oh boy, be glad if they're just quiet..
I used to spent a shitload of time helping people, making codes, maps and all that shit and released.
I did shits that I can see everywhere today, more than half of all OT's I know of have a few things about them I created in the past..

Does anyone remember anything about it? (RealSoft).. Nop... I'm called a leech, scammer and virus sender... 3 years of serving the community well spent...... right down the dustbin :)

Eh, honestly who cares?

People saying "Thank you" or liking your posts is never the issue.

It is the people who create new things and help each other that keep this entire community alive. For me it is enough just knowing I am part of something I view is great. I don't need thanks, this truly is a thankless job. But if you enjoy it. Keep doing what you are doing and we can keep evolving this community and making it better and better.

Eh, honestly who cares?

It is the people who create new things and help each other that keep this entire community alive. For me it is enough just knowing I am part of something I view is great. I don't need thanks, this truly is a thankless job. But if you enjoy it. Keep doing what you are doing and we can keep evolving this community and making it better and better.

Agreed!

Last edited:
Eh, honestly who cares?

I think it's great helping people, but in regards to evolving the community, what I'm noticing is the people who don't thank others for helping are usually the people who ask for the most help, have no clue what you've just given them, and as a result are never going to attempt it themselves. As a result the community doesn't really evolve. Just many drifters, people who come and go. They'll attempt a project with the help of others in the OT community, fail because they didn't take it serious enough to do anything themselves, and then leave for good.

I think it's great helping people, but in regards to evolving the community, what I'm noticing is the people who don't thank others for helping are usually the people who ask for the most help, have no clue what you've just given them, and as a result are never going to attempt it themselves. As a result the community doesn't really evolve. Just many drifters, people who come and go. They'll attempt a project with the help of others in the OT community, fail because they didn't take it serious enough to do anything themselves, and then leave for good.

At least they leave.
It's better to see here people who learn than bunch of ignorants who don't care at all.
Plus some people who are googling their problems (and learning) are able to find a solution before asking.

Back