• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTland's Official OT: 'The Forgotten Lands' [Community Project]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sent a pm to you with further details :3

Weapons and item details:
Make dynamic attackspeeds for weapons, make the light weapons fast but lower the attack, and increase attackdelay on two-handed weapons.

Let's see some progress. I want to see who's mapping what, and who's scripting what. All these PMs don't make it a community project. I think what we need to do is get a Vent. So people that are working can tell other people what they're doing.

No, the server is not meant to be released. It is meant to be the best OT that is out there. And not only it is meant to be built by community. Anything that is released to the game, should be accessible to the community, but I'm unsure of that right now. We will wait for Leftwing for the final decision

if everyone can contribute, then i guess that someone will put everything together, or a few guys.

how do we know that they just wont just take it themself and earn cash or smth? you either keep it open or closed from the beginning,but i wouldnt contribute if it was closed ;7

You know they're not going to take it to earn cash themselves because it's the OTLand server. It's not going to be open source 100% because we don't want someone new to OTs to come to the site, like the server then take it themselves. We don't want 10000 of our server to be opened the day its released. We want one server that is beyond epic. We're not going to release the server 100% so I'm sorry if that stops you from contributing but just know that it's for a good cause you will get full credit for anything that you contribute.

You know they're not going to take it to earn cash themselves because it's the OTLand server. It's not going to be open source 100% because we don't want someone new to OTs to come to the site, like the server then take it themselves. We don't want 10000 of our server to be opened the day its released. We want one server that is beyond epic. We're not going to release the server 100% so I'm sorry if that stops you from contributing but just know that it's for a good cause you will get full credit for anything that you contribute.

ty for nice anser but what if; you earn LoADoAS! of cash, what will it be used for? dont say all goes to the server, becuse it wont if its much, so ;]?

So this is an OTLand hosted server or a server done by OTLand to be released?

Both, it will be a server hosted and made by OTland(Community) and it will be released(probably) in the 0.3.7 Public Release Minus some key server Scripts.

The server, with success, will be maintained and updated, for the enjoyment of the community, also even after the server is up and running, the Project will not fall, it will persist, as long as there are members willing to keep on helping!

ty for nice anser but what if; you earn LoADoAS! of cash, what will it be used for? dont say all goes to the server, becuse it wont if its much, so ;]?
if surplus money were to be earned then it will be user to open another server in a different locale, AFIAK this one might be opened either in Europe or USA, it's still undecided.

But it seems to point out more to Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Like Shinmaru said, if we have so many players that we receive enough donations to open up a second server, we will. There are tons of options like that, but we're not quite there yet. We still have to actually get the server finished, and right now we are nowhere near finished. Neither Shinmaru or I will receive any of the donations, as it will all be processed through the same way when you donate to OTland. We will never see the money, and I'm glad I wont. I do this for the community, not for a couple bucks of cash. If I could make just one person happy, my mission would be accomplished.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

I mean theoretically we could contact a dedicated hosting service andnsee if they could set up a donation site or page for us so that you can donate straight to them and build up a credit so we wont have to worry about getting so many donations a month. If OTLand is paying for it then they could just take some money out of the credit we have built up. Or save it until we can afford a year for a second server if it goes well.

Sorry for the double post but i was just letting you guys know that i am currently mapping an arena in 8.54 that should be convertable to 8.7+ its for a quest or task that will let you face waves of monsters increasing in difficulty until you choose to stop. Im almost done with it, its using zao sprites. But looks nice imo. Ill post a screenshot when i get home.

Nope, I'm doing a little bit of everything. I have Minecraft Server to maintain, RL and now this project, I will be talking to Minerage about his spell libraries. I'll be scripting any Idea that comes along(to my best ability).

I haven't talked to Leftwing, but it's safe to say that he may be busy(IDK what, but I assume).

I will be trying to make Guild Levels Under Gatupojks's suggestion.
Sorry that the tread hast been active nor updated.

BigB don't loose hope!

Not losing hope just making sure that others arent this could be such a good server. I want to see it happen.

i was making the general plans for the omnimage lib, basically, remade the magicka concept and added alot more variation, but putting the spell casting type to depend on the first element you call.

So about 25 diffrent casting styles times 5 ways.

25 elements and the effects on (area, creature, item, direction, self, onweaponattack)

You can enchant runes with any spell, enchant weapon to preform an attack and so on.

I'm excited too see how it works. I'm a bit confused on how you can enchant a rune with any spell. There has to be some sort of limitation.

I'm excited too see how it works. I'm a bit confused on how you can enchant a rune with any spell. There has to be some sort of limitation.

Honestly I do not know completely myself, but Mindrage has always made unique and awesome spells.

He has explained to me his concept and that will really enhance the gaming experience for Tibia.(Magically)

runes can be conjured only with an element called "alcheris", Which means very few people can create runes, there for the possiblities need to be big incase you want to make money by selling runes :3
Think of it, you max amount of elements that you can use is 5
and to have a alcheris it requires 3 of those elements to be Mind,Wind and Arcane, So it means that you only got 2 more extra elements to force runes. Which means runes can not be exactly any spell combination

Still the amount of casting combinations are 25^10 which is... 95367431640625
and since You can cast in multiple ways, 6 ways to be exact, it will be 572.204.589.843.750 diffrent spells

and that covers over all vocation types. Which means, every char will be thier own vocation, you can just select your "priority" between magic, melee, ranged or balanced.
The amount of elements that can be in the stack is magiclevel/10
so i you have the ability to cast 11 elements at the same time if you got 110 magic level.
Oh and since runes are hard to make, they are able to stack up to an amount of elements, but ofc it depends on the quality of blank rune you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back