• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTList.net - A revolution for Creators & Players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
vLiQG26.png

INVALID. It's Hardcore PVP, missleading website cause you wont get any exp from killing players on lunarforce as you're stating :(

@Extrodus I see you added my server :p Thank you, I appreciate the help :)
Please don't take offense to this. I'm only being critical because I care. If this is TL;DR - skip down to Important:
I like how the website looks. It's very neat, very organized, and very "advanced." Your server list contains a lot of features that are really nice, look nice, and seem to function properly.

On the other hand, I don't see much to make it its own. What I mean is, if a random user finds your server list (how they would find it, I'm not sure yet. I'll get to that in a minute.) they will most likely never remember it.
When you go to otservlist, you see the same thing each time. And it's been very similar ever since I can remember. Almost any user that has ever gone to otservlist knows this logo.
s8tHOq2.png

Now, let's say that a random person uses otservlist to find a server. And let's say that they found a good server.
A month few days later they get sick of the server. They want to use that website again because "hey, why not? It worked the first time."
They google for "ot list" and go to the first website they see. And they see that logo again. They don't remember what the heck the URL was. They just remember seeing that logo and go "yep, this is the right place."
There's a much lower chance that people will do that with your website, currently, because there's nothing recognizable. This was just my (very overextended) way of suggesting that you need a logo!

Statistics
Awesome. As a server owner, I love that. It's not crucially important information, but it could be utilized to your benefit. Just remember, it's pretty easy to attract server owners. The more places they put their server the higher chances they have of someone seeing it. It's the "random guy looking for a server" that will bring your server list to success.

Important
This is the most important suggestion I have. Make your server list findable. Page hits / unique visits is the number one reason otservlist.org is the top server list, and may always be the top server list. It's not at the top because of support, or features, or ease-of-use. It's because it's the most popular. Probably solely because it's the first.

For fun, google:
Ot list
#1 otservlist

open tibia
#1 otservlist

tibia
#1 tibia.com
#2 wikipedia.org/Tibia
#3 pictures of the bone
#4 otservlist

I hope I've made my point here. Its traffic is what makes it powerful. Nothing else.
And to compare yourself, use Alexa. She's your friend. To push my last point further. Compare otservlist to any other Open Tibia related website. To spare you time, I'll just write the ranks.

otslist.eu - 2,528,656
(one of the only other "server lists" I could think of off the top of my head)

v**** - 2,431,237
(higher than otslist. But it's more than a server list. and it's barely higher)

otland.net - 263,809
(THE open tibia community. The biggest one left. This number is far higher than the two previous. This website generates much more traffic than the latter two.)

otservlist - 131,678
Wow. That's all that really comes to mind. But it's probably so high because it's what everyone's been using. And what everyone knows to use.
If you got your list to appear first for the most popular queries relating to Open Tibia, I don't doubt that, with better features, better support, and a bigger part of a community backing you up, that you'd fare much better.

To end this stupid-long post. I'd like to say good luck. I, personally, really like your server list. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have given so much of my time to write this out.
I know you probably know most of this, and I'm no expert in the field. And I know people will disagree, and I know your goal isn't to dethrone otservlist.

I wish you luck, and if you ever need any help, I am willing to try my best to help.
Red

Personally I think the website is ugly for the most part. I can respect that everyone and their brother is jumping on the simplicity bandwagon but for me personally I like clean and CLEARLY visible information (not all this bubbly shit). You can take this as an insult if you wish but I’m not going to sugar coat my opinion.

My List Of Complaints:
  1. I think left justifying numbers is a TERRIBLE idea because it doesn't line up the columns correctly and makes it look messy. Trust me when I say that it is in your best interest to not do that.
  2. The individual server page... no... just no. The bubble around the text is obnoxious and looks like a high school girl chose it. The icons on the left are nice, but the rest makes me want to break something. That, along with the fact that the cursor changes to a text input cursor when you hover over fields (but can't copy the entire text if longer than the bubble) annoys me to no end.
  3. When you hover over bubbles, that fading effect... it is painful. I am not sure why it annoys me so much but that fading effect is just an eyesore in my opinion.
  4. The group of bubble text under the boringly plain Helvetica font server name (on individual server page) is nice and all but doesn't really mean shit. Unless the numbers can be clearly identifiable from a glance then they are just numbers. After looking at them for a while they start to look identifiable but they still are ugly and not aesthetically pleasing.
  5. The current time in your "Basic Statistics" bubble is ugly and not spaced right. Please change and position better.
  6. Featured servers goes way too quickly! You should make it pause if you hover over it or at least have a button to go backwards/pause. Right now it isn't bad because there is only like 5, but if there were more it would be annoying to wait for one to come back around.
  7. The text at the bottom of an individual server page looks like an after-though and completely out of place. I would be embarrassed to list my server's detail information in that section.
  8. The tab order on creating an account has the captcha input box too far down (it is several tabs after password) – try tabbing before you say “it is right below it”.
  9. If what you put in the create-an-account page is not right (or not long enough) it refreshes everything instead of retaining the valid entries. This can get annoying quickly, especially if you were to ask for more information at a later date.
  10. Your prices for highlighting are ridiculous (although I'm sure that is just because you are creating everything and haven't really set an actual price, but still, that is scary).

My List Of Compliments:
  1. The user page (for individual users) is simple and to the point and has a nice look to it. Although the headings to the left are a bit too wide, I can see the possibilities of adding more rows and it will look very clean and professional.
  2. The statistics on the individual server page is very neat and I’d like to say kudos to whoever decided upon that. The only complaint I have is that the font should be changed to something more legible/professional. Currently it’s hard to read and the color scheme is hideous. That and the text blends in with the line at times.
  3. I think the ability to remove columns is very neat, although not entirely useful, but still very fun to play with and allows to space out columns better (especially if you don’t need all that information).
  4. The top bar (that follows you as you scroll), although bare, works well and I do enjoy it for its simplicity and unobtrusive look/feel.

My List Of Suggestions:
  1. Make the client version (on the first page) clickable and force it to show only a subset of those clients (for simplicity). The filtering it too many steps to get to somewhere a large amount of people will be looking for quickly.
  2. Change it so that when you hover over "Filter" it doesn't look like the text change icon. This is a minor irritation but it made it impossible to know for sure how to get rid of the Filter box (clicking it again isn’t very intuitive).
  3. If the text you are hovering over is too long, and at the bottom of the page, the page will expand but jump back if you try to scroll down. Make some way to see all the text (like click on the ugly bubble and another bubble or expanded box shows up or something?)
  4. Get rid of the damn bubbles around text!
  5. Make the "Type" and the "Host Name" columns a little larger (or make them dependent on the text length? the name could have ... at the end because it is pointless anyways) it looks messy when they force to take up 2 lines. Nevermind; I think hiding columns works fine enough. You have a fixed width and I can fully respect that decision.
  6. You should allow for an icon on the right of server name bubble at the top of the individual server page. Something like "Top 20 Online Server" or "Top 5 Most Active Host" or "Frequently Responds To Questions" or something cheesy like that. Just something to set apart active/good/top servers and make them unique-ish. Yes, it is cheesy, but if a host gets recognition for answering questions on that site then maybe they would take it seriously and more people would go there since they know it is more supported/managed/frequented by the people who matter.
  7. As the previous guy mentioned, you need an icon. I suggest a clean and professional, but enticing at the same time, would suit this site.
---
EDIT: Image of the MOTD text that was driving me insane trying to copy it all (or see the bottom of the text in some cases). You should make it so if you highlight you can continue highlighting it all (instead of stopping at ...)

zl5FHKM.png

---
EDIT2: What I mean by justifying number (you know, like left/right/center)
lef07Ly.png

Last edited:
@Siramix,
Luls! Sorray to youz :( I just copy what I sees from dis otservlist wubsitz.

@Red,
Thank you very much for the in-depth post, I strongly agree with everything you've said! The only google listing we come close to first on is "otlist" which gets us the top of the second page.

The google search results is at the top of my list right now, we just added meta keywords and site description to help boost us a little. But I'm sure there alot is more we can do other than just filling those out. I am currently looking into Website SEO's and finding out what can be done to make us stand out. I know we are only a week old, and its going to take time to get to the top; including active user base (rather than just features like you've stated). So hopefully we find the trick to getting up the list and into the peoples eye.

As for the logo, we definitely need a nice header/logo area (something that gives the user a definite memory of the website) - we just haven't focused on that right yet due to the website still being under major development with all the current functions still being tested out, and coding the rest of website. Of course on the side, we will start looking for icons/renders that deem promising to being the mascot/logo of OTList; we are just saving most of the design aspects until the end when we are sure everything is in place and ready. As well, I am looking into making better signatures and getting a referral system going; basically anything to encourage new users and an active viewer base on the site.

Again, thank you for the encouraging and informing post. Glad to see another person who see's what we're trying to do here :) I will be sure to keep an eye on otlist.net with Alexa (that is once it finally has data for it) and keep on trying to push up! Oh and if you'd like to help, I'm sure once everything is running with all the features intended; we will have a few staff slots needing to be filled. If this is the case, I'll definitely message you.

@Pneumonia,
Again, thank you for another helpful post. The bubbly feel you are seeing is "Bootstrap" and unfortunately it is very fond of using circles. Lucky for you, we are adding in a theme switcher which will hopefully allow something for everyone. Most of the things you complained about we have already looked at, or are just like that because we are still in development (coin prices, etc). I don't really know what you mean by justifying by numbers or the client text drop down menu suggestion, but I agree with most of the suggestions. You make some good points, and thank you for taking the time to give some words of advice and encouragement!
@edit, yes - the black bubble is to display words that arent shown because of table width.

Note: If anyone can help with logo ideas that would be wonderful! Height no more than 150 pixels, length can be adjustable according to content.

Register today @ otlist.net!

Last edited:
@Siramix,
Luls! Sorray to youz :( I just copy what I sees from dis otservlist wubsitz.

@Red,
Thank you very much for the in-depth post, I strongly agree with everything you've said! The only google listing we come close to first on is "otlist" which gets us the top of the second page.

The google search results is at the top of my list right now, we just added meta keywords and site description to help boost us a little. But I'm sure there alot is more we can do other than just filling those out. I am currently looking into Website SEO's and finding out what can be done to make us stand out. I know we are only a week old, and its going to take time to get to the top; including active user base (rather than just features like you've stated). So hopefully we find the trick to getting up the list and into the peoples eye.

As for the logo, we definitely need a nice header/logo area (something that gives the user a definite memory of the website) - we just haven't focused on that right yet due to the website still being under major development with all the current functions still being tested out, and coding the rest of website. Of course on the side, we will start looking for icons/renders that deem promising to being the mascot/logo of OTList; we are just saving most of the design aspects until the end when we are sure everything is in place and ready. As well, I am looking into making better signatures and getting a referral system going; basically anything to encourage new users and an active viewer base on the site.

Again, thank you for the encouraging and informing post. Glad to see another person who see's what we're trying to do here :) I will be sure to keep an eye on otlist.net with Alexa (that is once it finally has data for it) and keep on trying to push up! Oh and if you'd like to help, I'm sure once everything is running with all the features intended; we will have a few staff slots needing to be filled. If this is the case, I'll definitely message you.

I look forward to the day. I'm glad to hear you're dedicated to your work. Hopefully something wonderful can really come of this.
I don't know you very well but it seems like you've got a good head on your shoulders and know what you're doing. So I'm excited to see this progress and hopefully you give me the opportunity to help sometime soon.

Red

Thank you again for the kind words, and I will definitely message you soon to see what all you would like to help with since I know you have a lot of good ideas and knowledge in that big ol' brain of yours! It gets me all tingly inside to know that other server owners/players are seeing the good that can come from this and want to follow us. :)

@OTList, Almost at 30+ users after less than 2 weeks online, register today at otlist.net!

Last edited:
How will you make sure to not only have uploaders, but to have people who actually look for an ot at your site? We've seen plenty of otlists during the years falling apart, whereas otservlist stay strong no matter what.

How will you make sure to not only have uploaders, but to have people who actually look for an ot at your site? We've seen plenty of otlists during the years falling apart, whereas otservlist stay strong no matter what.
Read over the first post and what the website is supposed to be, it's not just an open tibia server list - its a portal of developer tools and useful ways for users to interact and grow their servers.

Thanks for the concerns but don't worry - this will be much more than just a server list, register at otlist.net!

Last edited:
Sunday morning bump, register at otlist.net and help us get 50 users in total on the website by next sunday!

Last edited:
I really like the otlist, that you can send message and the design is simple and amazing :)

hopefully people will start using it, ive added it to my signature, hopefully you will gain by that ^^

Thank you so much for the support and kind words! That's exactly what we need users to start doing to get us into the peoples eye. ;D

1,000 views on the thread! Lovely, people are taking a gander at our website; we have just added a few new updates!

Features Include:
-Tabbing to Captcha has been fixed
-Countdowns have been added
-Filters now has a "X" button to easily close
-All Pages display at the bottom for simple pagination

Bumping it up, btw is there any sort of chat? Would be awesome, since i could be there and help people to setup server, with scripts and etc... To get more owners intrested to add their server at otlist.net

Bumping it up, btw is there any sort of chat? Would be awesome, since i could be there and help people to setup server, with scripts and etc... To get more owners intrested to add their server at otlist.net
Right now there's no chat option, only inbox. I will finish some recoding stuff, new features and next I can create live chat

Last edited:
Alright nice :D Since on the chat everything goes faster, with helping and etc...

Peroxide, Extrodus
message me either on skype(peroxide has it) or on forums
i can help with your traffic and other stuffs

Three Magic, I will be messaging you shortly for your help and advice :)

@OTList, we have 39 members! Nearly 20 members per week for the past 2 weeks, this has been the greatest beta launch I could have ever expected! Thank you to everyone, and keep the registrations coming @ otlist.net and help us reach the top!

Last edited:
Almost 50 users, thank you so much for all the support! Register at otlist.net today and join the action.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back