• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTMapGen

create a tutorial of how to use in windows, because are not explaining right and these errors are happening with several people, would help, or someone explains part by part, why to run in linux is more quiet, in windows ta being another reality, and I am doing and following everything they are posting but still from the mistakes
He didn't develop Windows, he didn't develop JavaScript, he didn't develop node.js, they are entirely separate technologies that have nothing to do with OTLand. He just made a script. It's not his job to teach you computer skills.

Tip: spin up a Debian VM and do it there. It's 2018, you can have a computer inside a computer. Windows is arguably the worst tool you could pick for this job.

How can i make the map ? i run OTMapGen.js with NodeJS, create the file but how do I see what was created? How do I customize the map to my 'taste'? etc
I did not fully understand

How can i make the map ? i run OTMapGen.js with NodeJS, create the file but how do I see what was created? How do I customize the map to my 'taste'? etc
I did not fully understand

You open the map in RME to see what was created. At the top of OTMapGen.js there are some parameters that influence the map generation. The map seed can be changed seed the noise function to generate a completely different map. Can't tell you exactly what the other parameters do, just play around.

I was working with your library last week and I wrote a small modification that doesn't let the forest script add trees/stones/etc to mountain borders, continent borders (water edges) and things like that.
If you're interested send me a nudge and maybe we can work together :)

By the way remere already has the 'borderize' and 'randomize' features that work pretty well for large maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
@issler92 Is a trustworthy contributor and he already stated why he wants to send it to you instead of github, regardless of his avatar.

So? Even if he is a trusted member , open a request on github. Some people just do not want to be sent anything respect that.
Being a so called trusted member means absolutely nothing.
Enough so called trusted members on otland scammed people and used their so called trusted status to mess other people up :)

Currently working on porting this thing to the browser so it is accessible for everyone. I recommend generating minimaps before downloading the OTBM, because we are taking a pretty big performance hit doing this in your browser.

Open Tibia Map Generator 1.0.0
allow use of old tibia versions for otbm file? i would love to generate for 7.6

Currently working on porting this thing to the browser so it is accessible for everyone. I recommend generating minimaps before downloading the OTBM, because we are taking a pretty big performance hit doing this in your browser.

Open Tibia Map Generator 1.0.0

Beautiful work bro. Congratulations. ;)
But a question, please. I'm compiling directly through the Nodejs, but the map.otbm file gets saved where? I can not find anywhere on the computer. I've tried everything.

Beautiful work bro. Congratulations. ;)
But a question, please. I'm compiling directly through the Nodejs, but the map.otbm file gets saved where? I can not find anywhere on the computer. I've tried everything.

Should be in the same folder. What output do you get?

Should be in the same folder. What output do you get?

It is not in any folder. It finishes but does not create the file.

BJRCwyI7SCKl_kmXuB8FJA.jpeg

Ok, did you check C:\Program Files\nodejs? It adds the file to the current working directory, and if you're directly executing using Node I'm not sure where this is.

Ok, did you check C:\Program Files\nodejs? It adds the file to the current working directory, and if you're directly executing using Node I'm not sure where this is.
I'm having the file open with Node.js
BYs5yJvDRGSdGRdWbVwIPg.jpeg

And it's not in the folder of Node.js. I did a search all over the computer and could not find the file. :(

Back