• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTMapGen

Probably not to be honest. But it all depends on whether the OTBM format has changed since 7.6, and whether item identifiers are different.

But i can change this version on config right? and change some new ids for old ids.

But i can change this version on config right? and change some new ids for old ids.

Yeah, you can try it out and see where that gets you. It won't work out of the box for sure, but changing it to work with 7.6 should be possible (in case OTBM is still used).

Meanwhile I have implemented support for a sand biome now.

WdnEPbM.jpg

cGL93Db.png

Yeah, you can try it out and see where that gets you. It won't work out of the box for sure, but changing it to work with 7.6 should be possible (in case OTBM is still used).

Meanwhile I have implemented support for a sand biome now.

WdnEPbM.jpg

cGL93Db.png

I love this islands...omg i want this!

For people that wanna see a sample.

@Forby
Could the size of land masses be some setting, and also how vertical it can go. I made a pull request.

Attachments

Last edited:
For people that wanna see a sample.

@Forby
Could the size of land masses be some setting, and also how vertical it can go. I made a pull request.

Thanks! I merged the pull requests. The landscape options are really tricky and sensitive but I have now included some at the configuration at the top. Will check if we can make it more reliable when changing parameters.

Where i can change
'Noise frequency stacking'?

Right now you will have to go in the code and find zNoiseFunction. This is the part where the frequencies are stacked (1, 2, 4 ... 32) at different weights (1.00, 0.5, 0.5 ... 0.1). So try different combinations and see what works. Usually the more higher-order frequencies the better the result.

Code:
  var noise = (
    simplex2freq(1, 1.00, nx, ny) +
    simplex2freq(2, 0.5, nx, ny) +
    simplex2freq(4, 0.5, nx, ny) +
    simplex2freq(8, 0.5, nx, ny) +
    simplex2freq(16, 0.25, nx, ny) +
    simplex2freq(32, 0.1, nx, ny)
  ) / (1.00 + 0.5 +  0.5 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.1);

freq.png

How i can use this program to generate map? i already download node.js but didnt work

Suggestion, try to make possible to use floor 7 from a map, so you can create your own shape.

Or read image shape.

Last edited:
How i can use this program to generate map? i already download node.js but didnt work

Same here, please!

If you are running windows and installing node there should a Node.js command prompt installed. You can open this terminal and run the program there. But first you need to download the source code from the GitHub repository linked in the first post (also OTBM2JSON needs to be downloaded and put INSIDE the same folder). Copy the OTMapGen folder in your home directory: open the node.js command prompt and type

Code:
    cd OTMapGen (move in to the folder)
    node OTMapGen.js (execute the script)

I till perfer the old and great handmapping x.x

Surely this isn't meant to replace actual mapping and level design but it can be a helpful tool.

If you are running windows and installing node there should a Node.js command prompt installed. You can open this terminal and run the program there. But first you need to download the source code from the GitHub repository linked in the first post (also OTBM2JSON needs to be downloaded and put INSIDE the same folder). Copy the OTMapGen folder in your home directory: open the node.js command prompt and type

Code:
    cd OTMapGen (move in to the folder)
    node OTMapGen.js (execute the script)

Surely this isn't meant to replace actual mapping and level design but it can be a helpful tool.

I move all the files to the node file, and I open the window, and I try execute this but:

> node OTMapGen.js
node OTMapGen.js
^^^^^^^^
SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

Back