• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTMapGen

This is a feature :rolleyes:

Try the default settings on the web application.

@Samuro I still need to add config for clutter. Will add it sometime when I have spare time to waste.
I am using an web app actually. It's great.

And i've finally found or am very close to what's suits me best. :v
If someone is interested:

12.png 13.png 14.png
Code:
f1 = 0.30
f2 = 0.20
f4 = 0.20
f8 = 0.055
f16 = 0.06
f32 = 0.02
f64 = 0.025
---
water lv = 1
A = 0.3
B = 1
C = 0.5
LE = 9.00
EE = 1.00

Hello, is it possible to upload your own map image. It's about converting the map image into a map for Tibia.
This is the map he wants to generate. Of course, it will change colors.

Attachments

So is there updating still being done to this. Will there be a selection for more biomes in the future?

if you're still updating this, please randomize the noise patterns or heights somehow

every iteration of that web app generates a butterfly shaped terrain which is quite undesired if you pursue true randomness regarding terrain shape

Last edited:
@zhizu Try playing with the noise frequencies. That will give you the largest control over the terrain.

Post automatically merged:

So is there updating still being done to this. Will there be a selection for more biomes in the future?

I won't be updating the application but it's open source and can be found on GitHub.

I played with them and the result is always either butterfly shaped or too simple/fragmented to use.

Hello everyone. If you are interested in this project like I am, you can check out my fork of this project, where you are able to generate other types of mountains, such as earth and icy mountain.

I'm working on this fork of the project from now on. I tried to make a pull request to the author's repository but it hasn't been seen so far.
I plan to add more biomes and more features overall.

There is also a new web client that I've made to use the forked version: OT Map Generator (https://otmapgenerator.vercel.app/)
There you can see the MOUNTAIN_TYPE parameter to generate other types of mountains:

1618693197201.png

Everything is obviously still under open-source code. So please, any contribution and also requests are welcome.

Forked version: edagonis/OTMapGen (https://github.com/edagonis/OTMapGen)

Have fun

Hello everyone. If you are interested in this project like I am, you can check out my fork of this project, where you are able to generate other types of mountains, such as earth and icy mountain.

I'm working on this fork of the project from now on. I tried to make a pull request to the author's repository but it hasn't been seen so far.
I plan to add more biomes and more features overall.

There is also a new web client that I've made to use the forked version: OT Map Generator (https://otmapgenerator.vercel.app/)
There you can see the MOUNTAIN_TYPE parameter to generate other types of mountains:

View attachment 57795

Everything is obviously still under open-source code. So please, any contribution and also requests are welcome.

Forked version: edagonis/OTMapGen (https://github.com/edagonis/OTMapGen)

Have fun

Thanks a lot for picking this up! Open source rocks :)

Is your pull request up-to-date? I will have a look soon.

Sadly, the website do not create caves starting at floor 8 for me. :/
And could you comment the function while mouse over the parameters?

Sadly, the website do not create caves starting at floor 8 for me. :/
The generator doesn't create anything below floor 7. The cave parameter will create some mountain caves, not underground caves. But that's a cool feature to add tho.

I don't know what you mean. Which website are you using?

I agree it seems useful to add some descriptions. But the parameters are not so objective, so you can change something and it's hard to tell what has actually been done in human language.

Anyways, I have already added some comments on the source code itself, and changed the parameter names. They can be used to create some cool descriptions on the website.
This is the function which has some useful comments.

If someone is available to play around and create some descriptions for the parameters, write it down here, or feel free to add it to the website. It is open source, you just have to be able to write some Javascript/React code.

I will return to play with this project again soon but not available atm. =)

Back