• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

otservlist

abdala ragab

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I purchased a domain and SSL protection and I want to add the name of my new server to otservlist
But I am facing a problem and I do not know the reason. I hope someone can help me
When I try to add the new name
Your server has to be online if you want to add it to our list!
otservlists.png

I also did subdomain
login.gamelaots.online
When added, it says the same thing
Your server has to be online if you want to add it to our list!

@abdala ragab It is written exactly what is the reason - there is no working server under the given host and port. If you run your domain through Cloudflare, don't be surprised to see this message. The domain (or subdomain) you enter in the form must resolve to the server IP address, currently showing Cloudflare servers. You can easily test whether your server will be "visible" to any OTS list by using, for example, Port Checker - Check Open Ports Online (https://portchecker.co/) and specifying the host + server port there.

FUCK, this gives me flashbacks to 2008-2009 when I used to host Evolutions OTS on my home computer. Laggy as FUCK but I managed to get 100+ players. Put my own IP address on the otserverlist and just let it go. Few years later I put a "Rookgaard war" server online (by Gesior, I believe) and got to 300+ players, which was fucking huge. My computer was frying. It was a HP pavilion something, mini tower. I think it had 2 or 4 GB RAM. Those times were the best.

Since you're using Cloudflare, you can use something NGINX as reverse proxy on the server, and I think you need to forward the IP address ("CF-Connecting-IP") in the NGINX configuration file ("nginx.conf"). First get the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses from Cloudflare, here:
Set to get the real IP address like so:

Lua:
# Get IP from Cloudflare's IPv4
set_real_ip_from 173.245.48.0/20;
set_real_ip_from 103.21.244.0/22;
set_real_ip_from 103.22.200.0/22;
set_real_ip_from 103.31.4.0/22;
set_real_ip_from 141.101.64.0/18;
set_real_ip_from 108.162.192.0/18;
set_real_ip_from 190.93.240.0/20;
set_real_ip_from 188.114.96.0/20;
set_real_ip_from 197.234.240.0/22;
set_real_ip_from 198.41.128.0/17;
set_real_ip_from 162.158.0.0/15;
set_real_ip_from 104.16.0.0/13;
set_real_ip_from 104.24.0.0/14;
set_real_ip_from 172.64.0.0/13;
set_real_ip_from 131.0.72.0/22;

# Get IP from Cloudflare's IPv6
set_real_ip_from 2400:cb00::/32;
set_real_ip_from 2606:4700::/32;
set_real_ip_from 2803:f800::/32;
set_real_ip_from 2405:b500::/32;
set_real_ip_from 2405:8100::/32;
set_real_ip_from 2a06:98c0::/29;
set_real_ip_from 2c0f:f248::/32;

And also make it forward the client IP address:

Code:
real_ip_header CF-Connecting-IP;

Then, inside your "server { }" block, you need to pass the "X-Real-IP" header to the server.

Code:
server {
    # Reverse proxy
    listen 7172;
    proxy_pass 127.0.0.1:7171;
    proxy_set_header Host $host;
    proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $http_cf_connecting_ip;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $http_cf_connecting_ip;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $server_name;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
    proxy_redirect off;
    proxy_protocol on;
}

This should allow Cloudflare to access the server hidden behind the reverse proxy (server running on 7171). And it allows your server to see the client IP address. Otherwise, you will only see Cloudflare's IP addresses.

This should allow Cloudflare to access the server hidden behind the reverse proxy (server running on 7171).
Looks like 'chat gpt' answer 🤣
7171? 7172? You cannot access OTS running behind CloudFlare. CF allows only http(80)/https(443) requests (detects protocol, no matter what port), not any protocol (ex. Tibia protocol).
There are some custom services like CloudFlare Zero Trust and CloudFlare Argo for any port anti-ddos, but last time I've heard someone asked them about price (around 2020) it was 3000$+ per month and they said it will lose connection - kick player! - every few hours (to scale up/down cloud services and update to newest CF software version). Pretty unusable on OTS, where players play for hoooours and expect no kicks.

What all OTSes using CF do is to create subdomain that is not protected by cloudflare - go straight to VPS/dedic IP - and use it on lists/to connect to OTS with normal Tibia Client ex.:
top 1 otservlist: login.realera.org -> redirects www to realera.org (simple nginx config, hard to DDoS; probably hosted on extra VPS, not real OTS VPS/dedic, just to add to otservlist)
top 2 otservlist: on.aurera-global.com -> does not work at all, but all players already know they have to remove on. to make it work

@abdala ragab
Asked me about this thread on Discord. I've told him what to do (setup login.gamelaots.online without protection). Biggest problem right now is that he is running server on VPS with Windows and I got no idea how to configure firewall on Windows, to block access to 80/443 from other IPs than cloudflare (block access to login.gamelaots.online like on.aurera-global.com does).
I've told him to block IPs on OVH Firewall (part of OVH anti-DDoS), but it's not 100% secure, as it blocks only access from IPs outside OVH. Other servers from OVH can still DDoS his VPS IP/website.

Back