• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Overheating of Computers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchTung

Reaction score
Hello guys,
right now I got a stupid Issue. I want to know, how to change the sudden shutdown since my computer gets fast overheated, but it's annoying if you are working on something and suddenly PC shuts down without saving anything or loosing connection to the game.

I know that it's kinda risky and would agree with the consequences. I would also turn off later my Computer, so it cool down but right now I got sometimes situations, which makes me kinda angry.

My OS is Windows Vista and I'm sure it's cauz of overheating since on Ubuntu, I won't get such sudden shut downs. Also it appears after some hours and If I gonna restart my Computer, it will shutdown kinda fast then.

Don't have it sit on an surface that doesn't have air go threw it..

Ye I know, I know such kind of solutions but there should be a function to disable the shutdown...

For security reasons I don't think its software sided.

But I think you can enter BIOS and make it react to a higher temperature.

Well don't let it be near something warm i think since the computer itself causes warming.
My PC is on for 14 days now and it's not overheating

Well don't let it be near something warm i think since the computer itself causes warming.
My PC is on for 14 days now and it's not overheating

I'm not talking about a pc but about a notebook...A notebook aint got a fast cooldown like a computer.

NOTE:
read !
Don't let it near warm to be, the PC/NOTEBOOK releases HEAT ITSELF = HARDER TO COOL

I know and I never let my notebook at a heat place, I just want to know where to disable the function of the shutdown and

@Znote,

I checked my BIOS and couldn't find anything with temperate lol-.-?

instead of fighting the shutdown... why don't you fight what cause it to overheat.. I would do that..

open it, clean it up (totally, don't leave anything for "bah..")
check the fans so they work properly.

to avoid overheat, but something on the foots, that make it get 1-4 cm air under it.
My laptop, I always have so it's air under it.

also, the overheat could be because you might have a battery error, etc it's wrong battery for your laptop. or some wires are connected wrong so the energy is double connected and the battery overheat instead of the computer it self.

edit: yeah, I know I getta study more english for these kinds of situations as I explain good as a dead dog :D

I once had an external fan to blow wind at the laptop from the side. I used a mobile phone re-charger as power source. :)
It worked pretty well. But was a bit bothersome to make the fan stick to table without moving. And moving it from place to place with the laptop. x)

instead of fighting the shutdown... why don't you fight what cause it to overheat.. I would do that..

open it, clean it up (totally, don't leave anything for "bah..")
check the fans so they work properly.

to avoid overheat, but something on the foots, that make it get 1-4 cm air under it.
My laptop, I always have so it's air under it.

also, the overheat could be because you might have a battery error, etc it's wrong battery for your laptop. or some wires are connected wrong so the energy is double connected and the battery overheat instead of the computer it self.

edit: yeah, I know I getta study more english for these kinds of situations as I explain good as a dead dog :D

I only want to fight the shutdown for a bit only since its annoying that it shutdown when im working on programms etc...

It's already cleaned, I'm checking every week my notebook for dust.

How should I get air under it? It's on my table so it wont get air under my notebook, how im suppose to have it under air because I dont want to carry all the time on my foot.

'm not using battery at home, Im using cable mode then.

If you want air though it make it higher then the surface, with something to hold it so air can get though!

It's from the notebook, but how can I let it in the air????Make some holes in my table???? XD

I had the same problem. You should first remove your battery and blow away the dust from the fan. It worked for me. The battery is getting overheated or it could be the dust, Sometimes you get too much dust in your fan.

If that doesnt work, you should call the support and ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back