• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Own3d Map 8.54

Mattt

I'm cool I swear
Reaction score
Okay well way back in spetember i had a 8.42 server, but had to close it....And i made a custom map...its not the greatest but i wanted to release it..hoping someone would get some use out of it..

2.75MB map..yeah small..
TP System Map..
Anni made..
PvPArena...
Trainers..
small island city..

I'll add screen shots in a few.

Anyway yeah...i hope someone finds use to it..i know im not the greatest mapper either and I rushed it...:p

Enjoy..

world.rar

The city is Mmh, okayish it's really doodad-ed, and used completely work grounds. The surrounding area's are just spammed with random crap.

I guess you could salvage the town and revamp it, so good release i guess.

I'll tell you some things you should improve.

1. The shape. It looks squary and unrealistic, you should check some minimap screenshots from others.
2. Use lesser doodad and auto-border. Make the broders by hand, use RAW Palette. It will look much better this way, but of couse it takes more time. But it is worth it!
3. More details. Put stones, gravel and all that other shit. It will give your map an RPG touch and makes it look alot better!
4. Use only one kind of trees. You used doodad to place trees, you should use RAW here too.

Don't stop mapping, I have seen many maps that were worse : )

I'll tell you some things you should improve.

1. The shape. It looks squary and unrealistic, you should check some minimap screenshots from others.
2. Use lesser doodad and auto-border. Make the broders by hand, use RAW Palette. It will look much better this way, but of couse it takes more time. But it is worth it!
3. More details. Put stones, gravel and all that other shit. It will give your map an RPG touch and makes it look alot better!
4. Use only one kind of trees. You used doodad to place trees, you should use RAW here too.

Don't stop mapping, I have seen many maps that were worse : )

Thanks, atleast someone gives me some tips and doesnt bash me. :) thanks rep++

Back