• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved pairs key

GOD Wille

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Is it any way I can access array Y key with index from array x, if the index name is the same on the both of them?

Example of what I'm thinking, that doesn't work;
Code:
local arrx = {b = 1, c = 2}
local arry = {b = 2, c = 1}

for i,k in pairs(arrx) do
print(arry.k)
end

Solution
Is it any way I can access array Y key with index from array x, if the index name is the same on the both of them?

Code:

print(arry.k)
end

Doesn't work because you're checking for value k (arry.k) when you're supposed to be looking for index i.
Run this and see what happens:

Lua:
local arry = {b = 3, c = 4}
for k,v in pairs(arrx) do
print("Checking index " ..k.. ". In array X["..k.."] is "..arrx[k].." | In array Y["..k.."] is "..arry[k])
end

Or in your script, replace arry.k with
Code:
arry[i]

Code:

print(arry.k)
end

Doesn't work because you're checking for value k (arry.k) when you're supposed to be looking for index i.
Run this and see what happens:

Lua:
local arry = {b = 3, c = 4}
for k,v in pairs(arrx) do
print("Checking index " ..k.. ". In array X["..k.."] is "..arrx[k].." | In array Y["..k.."] is "..arry[k])
end

Or in your script, replace arry.k with
Code:
arry[i]

Solution
Back