• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

pandaac: The Resurrection

Chris

Inactive
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi folks :)

I don't even know if people are aware of this, but a few years back, I was planning on creating my own AAC, pandaac. Unfortunately, my interest for anything Tibia-related outgrew me. Quite rapidely at that.

However, few days ago, a couple of friends of mine asked me if I'd be up to create an AAC for their upcoming OpenTibia server, and seeing as creating an AAC has always been a small "dream" (in lack of other words) of mine, I decided to give it another shot. Thus, here I am, announcing the resurrection of pandaac.

If anyone is interested in following the development, I have setup a git repository for it. I cannot guarantee if this will last for more than a week or two. We'll just have to see. Also, I will not release any instructions on how to install it just yet as it is as far from a production-ready state as it gets, and in order to avoid having to answer tons of questions about it, I'll just leave it up to yourselves to find a way to get it working - if that sorta thing interests you.

https://github.com/eklundchristopher/pandaac

If you feel like contributing, please, have a look at https://github.com/eklundchristopher/pandaac/wiki/Coding-Standards

You may also find a screenshot of roughly how it would look like at http://www.pandaac.net/

Cheerio!

Last edited:
I love it, but i think on this:
Why not all the webdevelopers like: "Gesior, Znote, Chris (this AAC), and now sn3ejk (PyAAC)" just create an open source AAC and all work on it with the best of every AAC alrdy created.

I think is better with that, the best 25% of all AAC will create the best 100% fcking c00l AAC 0f univ3rse 1nfinite :)

Why not all the webdevelopers like: "Gesior, Znote, Chris (this AAC), and now sn3ejk (PyAAC)" just create an open source AAC and all work on it with the best of every AAC alrdy created.

I think is better with that, the best 25% of all AAC will create the best 100% fcking c00l AAC 0f univ3rse 1nfinite :)

It would be really awesome, but everyone have another vision of the acc and that might be a problem. :p

It would be really awesome, but everyone have another vision of the acc and that might be a problem. :p

No one think like the other, but thats the best cus you can add something that I will never ever think, and with that (your super idea) already created, I can fix it or just improve it.

With my team (old project), we just write everything that we think and we do the best ideas. Its simple and cool.

Having options if a good thing. The main annoyance to me is each of them add their own table structures to the DB. The community should decided on a basic structure for adding additional tables/columns to the DB when developing an AAC

Anyone is able to contribute to pandaac, simply send me a pull request on github. :)

And as for the database, pandaac will be schema-independent, but not only that, it will use Laravels migration for its own database tables, so you can easily manage it by either commiting or rollbacking the pandaac-specific database tables. I will NOT in any way alter the existing tables.

Anyone is able to contribute to pandaac, simply send me a pull request on github. :)

And as for the database, pandaac will be schema-independent, but not only that, it will use Laravels migration for its own database tables, so you can easily manage it by either commiting or rollbacking the pandaac-specific database tables. I will NOT in any way alter the existing tables.

I like it :)
goManchesterUnited.

I'm learning/trying out Laravel for 2 months now, so I might help a bit eventhough I use L3. :D

Sounds good my friend :) pandaac is using the Laravel 4 beta though, but it's not all that different from version 3 :)

EDIT:
Started working on a 'Coding Standards' wiki document for anyone who wants to contribute. This is of course optional, but it would surely save me the time it would take me to convert your code. :)

https://github.com/eklundchristopher/pandaac/wiki/Coding-Standards

Last edited:
I'll be coding for a couple of hours if that sort of a thing interests anyone. Probably not, but who knows.

TeamViewer meeting ID: adjourned

Last edited:
Cool Chris keep the good work on :D

New coding session for those of you whom are interested;

EDIT:
As teamviewer decided to mess with me, I decided to switch to my PC in order to properly stream (there are no good alternatives for mac AFAIK).

Unfortunately, I'll have to setup a few things to get started, but the stream can be found at:
http://www.twitch.tv/eklundchristopher

Last edited:
Back