• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Path of Exile (1000th Games Thread)

Royal Inferno

Reaction score
Hey guys, have any of you played Path of Exile?

Path of Exile in my opinion is an amazing game, it has cool graphics and the gameplay is awesome too. I don't really know what these kinds of games are called, but it's like Diablo pretty much.
And from what I have heard, this company that made this amazing game, are actually very few people and are from Peroxide land aka New Zealand.

Taken from site:
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. We're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that we'd want to play ourselves. It is designed around a strong barter-based online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win". Path of Exile is currently in Open Beta! If you'd like to play, just create an account.

Players can pick from six playable character classes, which each focus on either one or two core attributes: Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence.

Duelist
Witch
Ranger
Templar
Marauder
Shadow

cool fact: there is no money in this game, you use items as a currency.

I've played this game before, haven't played it for about 2-3 months as I found it boring after a while (never been a huge fan of hack & slash). What made me play it is their HUGE passive skill tree that you seem to have missed out on in your post!

Check that out, its sick. The possibility to build your character more or less however you want it, is what makes this game so special, imo.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree

Really an amazing game, but after some time it gets pretty boring.

Well the true fun is in creating new builds... I think that is really what makes this game special.

I mean there are just soooo many possibilities. A huge skill tree, lots of classes and so many abilities and ability cobos...
...that is truly unique.

Try Templar or shadow.
shadow-large.png

They are in a really awesome position on the skill tree, that pretty much allows you to build anything. :)

I currently lvl up a ranger(lvl 13) :p
But as for long timenfun id go with Diablo :)

The game is absolutely amazing. I've been playing since the release and i've got a 87 scion with a 89 facebreaker ci witch. I definitely recommend it to people that enjoys diablo 2. It's also really complex and advanced once you get to the later stages of the game. The start is very slow and tedious though but once you get a bit higher the game becomes lots of fun. Racing and doing maps definitely keeps me interested in the game, there's always a challenge and something to do.

Awesome game. I got #1 ES shield and #1 crit dagger on ambush league :D

440 pdps, 10.04 crit % and even 60% mana reg on the dagger.
The shield:
zaMqHnQ.jpg
- there's higher ES shields but none with max block.

All mana regen let's me run max lvl AA + MoM without taking EB. It's pretty insane, I've got a 8k ES pool with 2000 max mana and 350 mana reg + mana leech.
I'm running a crit ci reaver - 70k DPS without abyssus, 130k with it. Not using conc effect either. Also got vaal pact + witch flask nodes which lets me kill all bosses and 78 maps are a joke, didn't try uber atziri yet though but can probably get him.

Only issue is my resists are capped at 75% which is way too low for uber, and flasks only gets me to 83% res but that's enough for all maps and normal atziri.

Just looted a mjölner last week too :D

Awesome game. I got #1 ES shield and #1 crit dagger on ambush league :D

440 pdps, 10.04 crit % and even 60% mana reg on the dagger.
The shield:
zaMqHnQ.jpg
- there's higher ES shields but none with max block.

All mana regen let's me run max lvl AA + MoM without taking EB. It's pretty insane, I've got a 8k ES pool with 2000 max mana and 350 mana reg + mana leech.
I'm running a crit ci reaver - 70k DPS without abyssus, 130k with it. Not using conc effect either. Also got vaal pact + witch flask nodes which lets me kill all bosses and 78 maps are a joke, didn't try uber atziri yet though but can probably get him.

Only issue is my resists are capped at 75% which is way too low for uber, and flasks only gets me to 83% res but that's enough for all maps and normal atziri.

Just looted a mjölner last week too :D

You're missing + spell damage for it to be the best on ambush ;).

^ True.

That 23 Mana is worthless.

Played myself for a while before... Level 82 on Ambush, 88 on Standard.
Found this on the first week of Ambush League.
(Made it 6 Socket and 5 Link myself...)

(507 Physical Dmg)

7-h28t.png

WAS the #1 PhysDPS 2H Club for a while.

You're missing + spell damage for it to be the best on ambush ;).

It's for a CI melee character, no point to get spell dmg for me - but yes there is shields out there with spell dmg+crit and that amount of ES but none with block, but for my build this shield is perfect :D Maybe it's stupid to call it #1 shield since my build is very unique and i havent seen any1 do MoM + CI, and even reave isn't that popular either. But i have looked around for long time and there's really no better shield for me at the moment in ambuish

Block is super rare suffix for shields and 6% is the highest roll which is what I needed to get 75%/70% spellblock :p

@Nocz Mana isn't useless man. I'm running a mana dependent build without EB. That means I can only get mana from mana rolls or int rolls - and yes the mana roll is low but u can't have perfect items in ambush xd but still 3 t1 rolls and 2 t2

And wow that club is insane for 1 week but probably not wortth too much, maybe 5 exolt since people generally settle for mahori if they're using maces + ground slam and other 2h's much better passives if u going spectral or other skill

Last edited:
Back