• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PayPal does NOT support donations to gameservers

Actually it can lol. You act like verifying takes forever. You don't even have to verify the nub account. Just get a visa debit from walmart or something just to lift some of the limits. I highly doubt you'll be sending more than 1 grand from that account a month.

They can track which accounts are yours, they aren't stupid when it comes to trying to get around them, they will shut both accounts down.

They can track which accounts are yours, they aren't stupid when it comes to trying to get around them, they will shut both accounts down.

I have 2 accounts, both still up and running. Both have same eBay info, so if they truly wanted to shut mine down, they would've.
I kinda abandoned one though cause of some eBay scammers when selling M$ Keys.

So funny guys, Paypal have NEVER EVER supported DONATE X for ITEM Y. Ok, never. THis is what you can do to win every chargeback.

1. STOP calling it a DONATION. If you call it a donation it's very easy to win. Just say you regreat that you DONATED.
2. Only allow vertified accounts, they are much safer.
3. If they chargeback then you send a nice likes to your own terms (they doesn't read them, it just looks more pro), and to paypals terms that clearly states that virtual goods are not covered. Also send a image of your log that states that the payment falled trough.

Ok, follow these 3 steps and you'll never loose it.

Well, we should start using moneybookers that's my opinion. No chargebacks atleast.
I would try moneybooker and my first impression sucks. It took them 3 hours just to send the vertification email, by then I had tried to reregister 3 times with diffrent email, and I signed up, got vertified (i believe i did atleast) and made a fully working system for AlertPay (just a "quick" solution tho).

Last edited:
No they never really supported it, but it was never the case that they blocked accounts for doing such transactions and that's the case now.

I still see that alot of game networks like Zynga sells point with Paypal, so I got a hard time believing you when you say they will block your account for SELLING virtual points. Altho calling it a donation should have lead to blocking long time ago, they are smart enough to see that it's not.

Actually it can lol. You act like verifying takes forever. You don't even have to verify the nub account. Just get a visa debit from walmart or something just to lift some of the limits. I highly doubt you'll be sending more than 1 grand from that account a month.
I have a company, thinkg about it. In that fact, it matters.
So funny guys, Paypal have NEVER EVER supported DONATE X for ITEM Y. Ok, never. THis is what you can do to win every chargeback.

1. STOP calling it a DONATION. If you call it a donation it's very easy to win. Just say you regreat that you DONATED.
2. Only allow vertified accounts, they are much safer.
3. If they chargeback then you send a nice likes to your own terms (they doesn't read them, it just looks more pro), and to paypals terms that clearly states that virtual goods are not covered. Also send a image of your log that states that the payment falled trough.

Ok, follow these 3 steps and you'll never loose it.

I would try moneybooker and my first impression sucks. It took them 3 hours just to send the vertification email, by then I had tried to reregister 3 times with diffrent email, and I signed up, got vertified (i believe i did atleast) and made a fully working system for AlertPay (just a "quick" solution tho).

Actually I take payments, not donations and hell yeah, since then I win about 95% chargebacks. But they still called me that there are too many of them and I gotta do something to prevent people making disputes.

So moneybookers seems to be slow :D but yeah, they are known and thrustworthy to use your credit card, you don't have to worry it's a faked site that will charge your credit card whenever they want. Would be nice if you made those scripts working, atleast for modern acc.

I just called them because last month 3 of my paypal accounts got blocked for simply no clear reason. They told me they recently changed their policy for gameservers because they think the payments are too risky and there are too many chargebacks. If you want to be sure your money won't be "stolen" by paypal for 180 days just transfer it to your bank account now.

Kind regards,

Chris~

not it is true, my paypal it is blocked and i call to paypal and explain my situation, what i use for the donations and where go the donations, and if i no get 18 years old, paypal dont will reopen my account"but i can deposit my 200€ without problems", you chosse a personal account? or selling account on internet? "with this option you need verify you product seller to paypal"

It's time, but you cannot do this as soon as you don't own a company.

You can, however many countries got a limit on how much you can sell privatly (in Norway it's about 50k NOK, upto 1k NOK per person (~125EUR)).

Kleksu, could you explain how moneybookers works and what the advantages of it are? Like can people chargeback there? Is it easy for people to make an account there and connect their creditcard? Do they block accounts for stupid things? Is it possible to get the money there to your bank account?

Moneybookers, they used 3 hours to register me, and I've yet do be able to add my creditcard there for some reason. They can't fill chargebacks, meaning moneybooker is not supported by ebay or any other serious pay sites for that matter (you must fill the chargeback to the creditcard company instead, from what a friend told me you win 100% of the time that way, so I don't think they are any better).

You can, however many countries got a limit on how much you can sell privatly (in Norway it's about 50k NOK, upto 1k NOK per person (~125EUR)).
Oh. Well, here in Poland you can do 3k złoty yearly, which is 250 złoty monthly, so that's about 60 euro, who would make it payments instead of donations to earn only 60 euro monthly come on :p
Kleksu, could you explain how moneybookers works and what the advantages of it are? Like can people chargeback there? Is it easy for people to make an account there and connect their creditcard? Do they block accounts for stupid things? Is it possible to get the money there to your bank account?
This is credit cards payments system familiar to PayPal, moneybookers doesn't accept any kind of chargebacks. Of course, you can go to your bank and tell them you want to chargeback but it's waaaay harder than with PayPal, because there you just say you did not receive an item from ebay. Yes creating an account there is just a min, like PayPals. They don't block accounts for such things as PayPal do and they don't block it if you earn too much because it's a real payments system and not like ebays one. Yes, you can withdraw your money any time you want.

I've always planned on calling "donations" payments, and taking a route like stian explained, especially since I have a licensed company and business account. If you guys really want a good solution, register a company for your ot. Make your services into payments, just like about any f2p mmo would, and make sure you create a legit terms of agreement along with a disclaimer. Those worried about getting sued by Cipsoft, there's no need to worry and I don't want to spark yet another debat about whether or not it's illegal to do such a system, but to keep things short, there's nothing illegal about what I detailed. For those in the US wondering how much a LLC costs to register, it's $110 at Legal Zoom.

Back