• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PayPal does NOT support donations to gameservers

Moneybookers seems like a good choice never really used it but i have 1 lol they have not stolen anything from me yet so...
Also it supports ebay :eek:

Three weeks ago, Paypal charged me back $1600 USD. These were donations that dated back to the beginning of February. 42 transactions total. The best part of it, I had to pay a $10 transaction fee for each donation. So $420 right off the top just in fees.

Screw Paypal, use Google Checkout. You'll have to buy a signed security certificate to make payments automatic, but manually assigning points/items/whatever isn't such a hassle.

Paypal is a load of garbage, and if I had the financial backing I'd make a site to rival them.

This explains why they blocked my account a couple months ago, and kept calling my house every 3 days demanding 1k in euros, lol, and no I didnt pay them, and they eventually left me alone

But everyone is talking about moneybookers, where will the money of phone/sms be going? AFAIK Daopay and Zaypay doesnt support moneybookers

Well for once people might start using Zaypay. They seems really great.

Well paypal did start charging some % of the money didn't they? like when someone send me 5euro i only had about 4.50 from it. on pp~

When people donate with paypal you get more money than when people donate with zaypay, but the advantage of zaypay seems to become bigger and bigger because of the stupid account blocks and money chargebacks.

Do you really think you made more transactions than me? LMAO

Well for once people might start using Zaypay. They seems really great.

Well paypal did start charging some % of the money didn't they? like when someone send me 5euro i only had about 4.50 from it. on pp~

PayPal is really trying to get away from open-tibia.
I called them the other day and they told me all virtual game items will soon be nonrefundable.

I called them the other day and they told me all virtual game items will soon be nonrefundable.

Really? Thats the best thing I've heard from them in years!

Meaning people won't be able to charge-back for virtual items? If so, that is quite awesome

I think that's what they meant. Basically if someone tries to dispute a donation, they're going to just deny it.
Or they'll disable your account. Which would suck...

Example:
I donate, I get the items. I decide, I'm going to refund and put them on a new account.
They might close or lock the "receiving ends account" the server owner. And deny your claim.

PayPal is making a bad decision if they're not going to support us anymore, collectively, we generate a decent amount of income for them, especially because the items are more frequent and virtual.

Red

I believe paypal users get flagged for doing activity like accepting fast donations.

Because some are just fine with paypal no problem..personally if I were to make a paypal I would get locked within 48 hours.
Trust me I tryed a few times and they lock every one of my bank accounts it blows.

How? I got one blocked account, and it's blocked because I threatned to sue them. And one more. Both accounts have been active for almost a year and handled k's of money.

I guarantee they track ip addresses when your flagged, my main paypal account was blocked so i tryed an alternate, lasted about 12 hours, then tryed again lasted about 24 hours lol.

PayPal is making a bad decision if they're not going to support us anymore, collectively, we generate a decent amount of income for them, especially because the items are more frequent and virtual.

Red

Maybe they lose more money on the charge-backs? They must have a logical reason why they do it.

I guarantee they track ip addresses when your flagged, my main paypal account was blocked so i tryed an alternate, lasted about 12 hours, then tryed again lasted about 24 hours lol.

So true, If I make an account it's blocked the next hour. I also got called from USA by an employee that they don't wanna do any business with me anymore LOL

Red

Actually, they don't need us, considering the fact that eBay is in the map.

Goobers OT lost about $5,000 USD in chargebacks from one person alone, that server has lost thousands through chargebacks and I doubt paypal will ever get that money back, so it's no wonder they cut off an entire community. A bunch of retarded, snot-nosed teenagers trying to handle other people's money will do that

Goobers OT lost about $5,000 USD in chargebacks from one person alone, that server has lost thousands through chargebacks and I doubt paypal will ever get that money back, so it's no wonder they cut off an entire community. A bunch of retarded, snot-nosed teenagers trying to handle other people's money will do that

Yep were just a bunch of nerd losers trying to make a quick buck.

lmfao

Back