• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PayPal does NOT support donations to gameservers

I've always planned on calling "donations" payments, and taking a route like stian explained, especially since I have a licensed company and business account. If you guys really want a good solution, register a company for your ot. Make your services into payments, just like about any f2p mmo would, and make sure you create a legit terms of agreement along with a disclaimer. Those worried about getting sued by Cipsoft, there's no need to worry and I don't want to spark yet another debat about whether or not it's illegal to do such a system, but to keep things short, there's nothing illegal about what I detailed. For those in the US wondering how much a LLC costs to register, it's $110 at Legal Zoom.

Disadvantages of a company:
-30% to the taxes
-gotta make an administration
-they'll check possible previous incomes

enough reason to not make a company for me

Disadvantages of a company:
-30% to the taxes
-gotta make an administration
-they'll check possible previous incomes

enough reason to not make a company for me
Less takes for me
Administration of what?
Who will check what?

:)

Also you get your servers without VAT.
All you need to pay for the scripters, mappers etc is lowering your taxes.
You are a one man company, YOU are the responsible person, no administration.
They rarely check low income companies, but if you make close to a normal salery the risk that you will be tax checked is higher, however, previous personal incomes are rare, you can easily talk you out of it since I believe most of the money is used?

Taxes? You got to pay taxes anyway...

It's a lot harder. If I pay someone for scripts, that person must be on my salary list, but he is living in chile. That will be a huge administration thing in holland.

So, like he said, without trying to spark civil war. Is it illegal to make an OT? i have wondered for a while.

also, i live in the US if that makes any diff on my question.

this stuff is out of my league, but my players like my ot so i need to get to thinking about this stuff before the population is out of hand haha.

Making an ot server is legal as soon as you don't use anything that belongs to Cips (everyones uses atleast 30% what's their).

paypal blows..they froze all my money which is a small part of why i stopped hosting..main reason is im working on a 3d game replicating slain w00t..go 3ds max..anyways, zaypay also sucks so does daopay..tibia is dieng 8k online right now..give it a few years it will kill itself eventually lol. Not being a hater just being honest. I was a huge tibia fan. To all the old slain fans a new one will be coming..(might sell my slain distro...or release it? 0.o)

So a new ones coming, but you might release, and you might sell?

Nab! That's why you withdraw to bank account!

So a new ones coming, but you might release, and you might sell?

Nab! That's why you withdraw to bank account!

im bored so i went to the last place i could think of..gimme a break :)

So, like he said, without trying to spark civil war. Is it illegal to make an OT? i have wondered for a while.

also, i live in the US if that makes any diff on my question.

this stuff is out of my league, but my players like my ot so i need to get to thinking about this stuff before the population is out of hand haha.

It's legal to use TFS/otserv. But it's not legal the way people take "donations" and it's not legal to make/use custom clients (VAPus beta :p) or make/use a ip-changer.

(might sell my slain distro...or release it? 0.o)

Releasing my entire server/website the day I'm done with it :p

Could be a few years, though!

This whole topic is troublesome.

Red

Back