• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

People cant get in into my server

Nux

Yzeria Custom War
Reaction score
Well, when i start the server evrything works 100% no errors or so , the problem is when i start it no one can come in i mean its impossible for them to login.. thay can see the character list window but when thay click it comes up an error that i dont remember what it was.. well its like closed for them.. and when i login its totaly working i can get in.. I use Vista it maby makes the problem.. Can anyone help me with this `?

have u changed ip in config.lua
and also ofc open up all ports

my rl had a prob with crying so i told him to re open all ports try that too ;)

You need to open port 7172.

Problems where you can view character list but not enter game is in 99% of the case related to port 7172 not being open.

well, i dont get a router thats the problem .. i dont really understand what the problem is

If you have a modem that acts as a router then it might have a built in firewall.

It might also be a software firewall, such as Windows Firewall or any other installed firewall software.

You need to open port 7172.

Problems where you can view character list but not enter game is in 99% of the case related to port 7172 not being open.

nab?

port;80
port;7171
port;7172
port;3306 --only to mysql:thumbup:

hidan this can be the problem with youre serv probs xD:blink:

If you have a modem that acts as a router then it might have a built in firewall.

It might also be a software firewall, such as Windows Firewall or any other installed firewall software.

its nothing wrong with the modem.. in my other computer i can host and people can get it.. i just get the problem on my vista computer that i always use.. so it most be somthing with this vista shit? or?

+ How Can I see what modem i have?

Well, when i start the server evrything works 100% no errors or so , the problem is when i start it no one can come in i mean its impossible for them to login.. thay can see the character list window but when thay click it comes up an error that i dont remember what it was.. well its like closed for them.. and when i login its totaly working i can get in.. I use Vista it maby makes the problem.. Can anyone help me with this `?

That's weird, maybe it's the wrong client?..

Well there is a bigger problem.. well at last Neon helped me find Modems.. i found this

Scientific-Atlanta

* WebSTAR-DPR2320
* WebSTAR-EPC2434

but mine is diffrent Mine Is WebSTAR-EPC22203-NS , whata heck why isnt mine there?

nab?

port;80
port;7171
port;7172
port;3306 --only to mysql:thumbup:

hidan this can be the problem with youre serv probs xD:blink:

Sorry, but considering that 99.9% of all OT hosters hosts the website on the same PC that they use to host their server, opening port 3306 is nothing but a huge security hole.
Anyone hosting a website externally is smart enough to know this and to open it and only allow MySQL connections from a specific IP.

So yeah, do you really think you qualify to call me "nab"?

Consider your own IQ and facts first next time before you call someone else dumb.

its nothing wrong with the modem.. in my other computer i can host and people can get it.. i just get the problem on my vista computer that i always use.. so it most be somthing with this vista shit? or?

+ How Can I see what modem i have?

So if I get this correctly, you have a second computer connected to the same modem, and it worked to host on that PC?
Unless you KNOW that you have port forwarded before (In which case you might have forgotten to change the forwarded ports to your current computers IP, rather than your second computers, open ports can only redirect connections to ONE ip on your network) then it might not be that which is your problem.
Do you have any security software installed on your Vista PC? And have you disabled Windows Firewall?

well yes i have disabled my windows firewall and it still doesnt work.. i think i clicked on a button before when i think it worked.. i think i missclicked on block it or somthing.. ..

Rexxar is it possible to talk in private like msn? cuz it would be better for me.. and you to understand me 100%..

Back