• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Perfect RPG-style OT

First of all. It's really great seeiing to of you back. I will ofc. try the server out, cuz Ramurika was one of the best.
Hope it will be a great project, but why shouldn't you just put on Ramurika back online (mayby with some small updates)?

I hope for a low rate server, with a nice rpg-ish map (with quests/addons/hunting grounds/etc.), but without custom sprites/weapons/etc.

I'd like to say that you should use the stuff I've mapped aswell... but a lot of that shit got leaked.... :(

What do you think the rates of the server should be?
5x max, no stages

How big should the map be? Staged exp or a fixed number? Etc.
Well.. I should start with one town, not too big. With the important monsters and huntspots on it. Later on you can add more towns, when the community grows.
I hate stages :(.

I prefer 1-3x.

Imo, the server shouldn't focus on leveling, but rather on exploring, discovering things, questing.
Why are levels so important?

Make things more limited, rune shops are bad, sell items to NPCs destroys the economy, etc.
"Ah, I have 200 fire swords and nobody to sell to!", perhaps make items drop less often, thus making the game harder.

Great idea Druid Elf.
I want a server where beeiing level 100 is high, and not a server where beeiing level 200 is low. That's why I hate tibia nowadays.
I also don't like tibia as community anymore. Not alot of runemakers, and few people who are trying to sell their equipment. Also teamhunting is less important nowadays. I am not even talking about hotkey aim, BAAAAAAHHHH!!!
Tibia has become to easy nowadays.

And yes, I also like 3x.

I'm more adept to 1x :) Kiranthyl is meant to be based on the ideas I expressed here :eek:

Hey, hey! Advertise your stuff elsewhere, this is non-profit, non-advertising (Except Ramurika :3) discussion about the perfect rpg style!

:rolleyes:

How about Samuro's project, is that years away from completion? I hope not.
ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Oh, wait am i missing something here?

I think so, your mind must really be raging.

To get a little on topic: I find that my favourite style isn't really the general opinion I see.
Though I like the lower rate servers I actually have had ideas for mini-staged rates.

For example:
  • Lvl 1-10 x30
  • Lvl 11-30 x20
  • Lvl 31-100 x10
  • Lvl 101-> x3

The map should be made for playing and not for showing off. (Much like the Ramurika map)
There should be at least as much, rather more, cave areas than areas above ground. A map with many caves is for me a complete map with unlimited exploration possibilities.
Something custom is a must, even if it's a single spell for one vocation. Having custom monsters isn't that hard. With the many human outfits you can create your very own band of outlaws. Even such a thing as renaming a race for fitting in with your server more is customizing.
Being unique in the crowd of many servers is a good thing to get attention (Much like a red coat in a black ocean of suits).

That's my ideas for a better server, though practice makes perfect I don't believe there is a perfect OT (with the limitations of tibia and the tibia client) we can always strive for better thus getting closer to perfection.

Sincerely,
Mackan™

Back