• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Perfect RPG-style OT

Samuro

GameDev
Reaction score
Hello folks. My name is Samuro/Yuvbeen and I'm bored. I want to create a RPG-style server with loads of quests and things to explore. I want to hear your opinions on the perfect OT-server.

What do you think the rates of the server should be? How big should the map be? Staged exp or a fixed number? Etc.

Thanks,
Samuro!

teige.png

Attachments

Slow-medium rates so you can't complete the server in a few days and actually play it for a while. The map should be a huge explore-able map, only a few teleports around the map for quests or such but not many..it shouldn't be a teleport server. There has to be countless amounts of quests, puzzles, riddles, secrets, etc... so you always have something to do. Also 1 thing I like to have in any server is as much custom as possible, items, spells, monsters, etc... it's no fun at all using the same spells and items you've seen over and over again. Good luck with your project.

Slow-medium rates so you can't complete the server in a few days and actually play it for a while. The map should be a huge explore-able map, only a few teleports around the map for quests or such but not many..it shouldn't be a teleport server. There has to be countless amounts of quests, puzzles, riddles, secrets, etc... so you always have something to do. Also 1 thing I like to have in any server is as much custom as possible, items, spells, monsters, etc... it's no fun at all using the same spells and items you've seen over and over again. Good luck with your project.

The thing about custom items/spells/monsters is that people are used to jumping into a server without much to adapt but new zones, so it would be difficult to get started, which sadly scares off players. I'm gonna base the server on all the stuff that are already in the game, but make my own world with it.
Exploration is a huge part in RPG-servers so there is no way I would have teleports other than for certain quests.

And yes! I want the player to spend time on the server and rather than getting high-level in an instant, this makes your character feel more valuable.

Thanks for your feedback :)

It scares some people.. but it also keep some people who actually like new things, not just the usual.
I never liked global tibia vocations, they're so boring.

Can you please tell me how using global data is any fun? I already know what each monster can drop, how hard each monster is, how much exp each monster gives, what stats are on which item... its no fun because you know everything... The point of custom means its new and no one knows what a certain monster can drop, what stats items have etc... If you're really so worried about people not knowing how hard monsters are and such is then make notes around hunting places, book in libraries with info about monsters etc...There have been many successful custom servers, look at Collapser, it has tons and tons of custom items, monsters, spells and soo many people. I'm just saying global is boring and I wouldn't play it no matter what.

As years playing everything related to rpg, I think very low to low rate is the right one (IMO)
I don't really care about custom spells, sprites, itens, etc as long as they fit into the game and are balanced.
You don't need a huge map, you need a complete map that grows together with your players.

Ramurika was indeed a perfect fit. If you just had update it more frequently, it would surely be the best or one of the best custom ot servers out there. No joke.

What a nice rpg needs:
Good quests/team building/a good pvp system. Choseable to play pvp or not.

I was actually discussing Ramurika when I started my own project with its easy access to spawns/good gameplay and fun quests/tasks to do.
Glad to see you back mate!

Yellowhat aka 195800

Can you please tell me how using global data is any fun? I already know what each monster can drop, how hard each monster is, how much exp each monster gives, what stats are on which item... its no fun because you know everything... The point of custom means its new and no one knows what a certain monster can drop, what stats items have etc... If you're really so worried about people not knowing how hard monsters are and such is then make notes around hunting places, book in libraries with info about monsters etc...There have been many successful custom servers, look at Collapser, it has tons and tons of custom items, monsters, spells and soo many people. I'm just saying global is boring and I wouldn't play it no matter what.

Well, one might take tibia monsters and simply edit their loot^^ and boom... Ya wouldnt knownanymore ^^

I see your point. I don't know who those people are and what the current top servers are because I haven't been active since I developed Ramurika. But if you argue that there is a server available with a high population and good community then sure, editing monster files and item names/strenghts is not really a problem. It's a lot of work though. But it would make the server more interesting indeed. Hmm, I got some ideas while typing this. :p

Edit: I got some interesting ideas from your feedback guys, keep it up im writing them down.

Any server with your maps I'd play, used to look at your maps when I just started mapping (huge inspiration)

Thanks. :) I'm mapping togheter with Mackan, and we have similar styles when it comes to mapping.

Make him answer here. I got him on skype and He is doing NOTHING tibia related as far as I know.

Back