• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pinging Server Problem !

stanczyk

Scripter
Reaction score
My server was attacked today, ping do not know what is the reason seems to me that I can firewall this is the reason I use Windows2008 Server on a dedicated web r2, if someone is able to help me please help what I do in order to secure ?

Very Please HELP !

Thanks I Give REP ++

If you have a dedicated server, then you should be able to speak with the host. They should be able to further assist you with either blocking the ip that is pinging you.

SourceForge.net: Software Search

Get a bandwidth meter to verify that you are actually being attacked. See if both your upload and download is being affected.

Disable echo requests, might save you the upload. Limit your apache to upload max 20% of your capacity, see if that helps. (In case of a image uploading flood).

You should get a proxy or program that limits the upload to 20KB/sec each connection and see if that works. That will also help you to determine if you are being DOS attacked, or actually DDoS attacked.

Google Oversette

Download mod_bw.dll

httpd.conf
Code:
LoadModule bw_module modules/mod_bw.dll
BandWidthModule On
ForceBandWidthModule On
BandWidth    all   VALUE

But I am at this moment I received the Server after Intervention so nothing can now see tomorrow morning, as they will attack me now, have given these modules to install but I'm dark and I have no idea how ..

662kbps (82.75KB/sec) max peak.

Sorry but I wouldn't call that neither a DOS or a DDoS attack. Looks like the lag comes because the company you rent the server from has unstable Internet or very crappy speed.
It's more likely that he just doesn't have much traffic; this is not a kind of speedtest.

It's more likely that he just doesn't have much traffic; this is not a kind of speedtest.

The diagraph helped to see if he was during a DOS attack. If hes traffic is like that, which seem rather normal, and he still faces lag/big spikes. Its most likely the Internet thats unstable.

I did not recognize that graph as a speedtest.

But I am at this moment I received the Server after Intervention so nothing can now see tomorrow morning, as they will attack me now, have given these modules to install but I'm dark and I have no idea how ..

Yep do that, wait until the attack comes on, thats when the graph is useful. :)

And it would help me add to httpd.conf: because I have no idea where and how to add ;p

I Upload this file to you and you enter me? I do not want to do bad ..

#LoadModule bw_module modules/mod_bw.dll
BandWidthModule On
ForceBandWidthModule On
BandWidth all 200000

How kb's max download change?

Last edited by a moderator:
httpd.conf, I believe it is in xampp/apache dir.

close the other load modules.

Code:
[SIZE="5"][B][COLOR="Red"]#[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]LoadModule bw_module modules/mod_bw.dll
BandWidthModule On
ForceBandWidthModule On
BandWidth all 200000

Remove the red square?

going to bed.

Back