• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Plans for The Forgotten Server 0.4

Even if it's set from the map editor, it doesn't look like the flag is being assigned to any tile in the server.

Whoops, seems SimOne never commited that party.
Aaaanyways, never added the button to make this zone to the editor, as it made the palette look ugly! (Uneven amount of buttons :( )

Main strength of the method is that (hopefully) not all tiles are flagged refreshable, only areas that are rael prone to garbage will be cleaned, and as such it's much faster than checking every tile. :)

Well, seems to be impossible but I'll state another request. Auto bot detection. Some people might say that botting on ots is normal, but it's just annoying. Anyway I'm interessted in your feedback. ^_^

agree;p

Wow, I'm impressed. A new age of OT :D

I really don't think that usage of ram is any big deal anymore, since most hosters has 2gb ++ ram now (I've got 8 :p).

I don't know if it still there, but in 0.2 i got a huge memory leak.

Create in a config.xml something like this:

saveNotMoveableItems = yes/no

I need this in C++ or lua them maybe add this or someone create it for me :D

Is it possible to do a clean command which also cleans the trash and rubbish which was not made by players but by the map.

I hope you know what I mean. Like when you track somethingwith not chcked ignore moveable items then youve got a lot of flasks lieing on the ground. The clean command should be able to remove them as well not only rubbish which has been made by players ingame

Just to know for me is that possible?

It's technically possible but how the code will decide whether the item is trash or got-to-be-there? E.g. - You got an old mage house with flasks on alter stones.

There is something that might be even better than 'whole map clean'.
It is a 'piece by piece' map clean, just like in CipSoft.
It works like this:
If someone throws something on the ground, it'll be located in one of the .map parts of the map (not the .map files, but the part the OTBM represents).
So, if nobody is in the range (and a little bit more), that part of the map will be cleaned, which wouldn't take too long and would reduce the ammount of memory needed to run the server.

\\

There is something that might be even better than 'whole map clean'.
It is a 'piece by piece' map clean, just like in CipSoft.
It works like this:
If someone throws something on the ground, it'll be located in one of the .map parts of the map (not the .map files, but the part the OTBM represents).
So, if nobody is in the range (and a little bit more), that part of the map will be cleaned, which wouldn't take too long and would reduce the ammount of memory needed to run the server.

\\

heh what about loot bags? rpg servers?

@UP
Erm, didn't think about that :p
Maybe the server could check if the container has more than 300oz. within it :D
Not sure, and, normally lootbags stay on places where lots of people walk, so, there shouldn't be a server clean, OR, the clean could be done on all floors but 7 :)

\\

@Elesh~
I think by june or august, dude, its 0.4, 0.3 is barely released...

\\

My proposal is to add StorageID in items table, tile_items, player_items etc to avoid dupe & clone items :)

Maybe not storage but item_unique_id. Running through it during server initiation will make it not possible to clone items. Kinda nice :)

I think he meant removing obligation for registrating monsters in monsters.xml and adding automatic indentification (from all .xml files in /monsters).

Just a translation ;)

I think he meant removing obligation for registrating monsters in monsters.xml and adding automatic indentification (from all .xml files in /monsters).

Just a translation ;)

Thats slow, and we would have to keep all the monster in one directory. I actually prefer adding npc.xml for Npcs too ~~

Back