• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Plans for The Forgotten Server 0.4

Thats slow, and we would have to keep all the monster in one directory. I actually prefer adding npc.xml for Npcs too ~~

Pokahontas approves.

only housetiles save will be improved ?

my sugestion is to improve player_depotitems, player_items, my server spend more time saving players than houses, houses spend 10 seconds, players spend 26 seconds to save, it's cause they have a lot of items in their depots.

So, my sugestion is to improve players saving like only save depot/items from players that have did some change on that cause the actual server save doesn't check if player has change something, if player login and stay afk while server is running, when it saves this afk player will be saved but it doesn't need to save items/depot so it makes the server work for something that didn't changed, so what i mean:

When saving players:
only save player depots/items/storage/skills if it has some kind of change

one example for player depot items:
there will be a bool variable on player class: depotchange = false (as default)

1) the player go to depot just to see what he have or the player not even go to depot so there is no change the variable still in default state and when playersave run this player depot will not be saved cause there is no change

2) the player receive a parcel/letter or go to depot and do something on his depot, the variable will be set to true state and the player depot will be saved on player save method and when it pass through depot save process it will set the var depotchange to false again

so, thats all ^^, i hope u understood cause i couldnt read my own post to correct my bad english

thanks for everything

@UP
I think that would slow even more thw whole server, because it would always be checking if players have changed something, and, there are only a few people who don't go to depots, so, it would reduce a few milliseconds, not seconds.
I think you should add a Dark/Light areas, like suggested in this thread: http://otland.net/f55/maybe-nice-addition-23266/

\\

Thats slow, and we would have to keep all the monster in one directory. I actually prefer adding npc.xml for Npcs too ~~

should be possible to set even location for npcs via that then too (my idea)
sucks to upload npc in rme, i got like 100 npc in that, even know what they are doing lol;s

A lot more accurate spell formulas would be really nice altho I agree making "better" spell formulas is a waste of your time, a lot of people would like it.

I have an sujesction...
add in creaturescripts an 2 new functions:
onTalk and onMove...
And add new values in function onAttack
now:
(cid,target)
before:
(cid,target,damage)
on function onLook
now:
(cid,pos)
before
(cid,pos,string)

and if it return FALSE they aren't executed.
(bad english =x i know)

Some lua functions:
setCreatureName
getItemType > weapon, club, axe, distance
getCreatureLookDir
get/setItemDistance (bows)

and finally and verry good function sleep(time)

Last edited:
I have an sujesction...
add in creaturescripts an 2 new functions:
onTalk and onMove...
And add new values in function onAttack
now:
(cid,target)
before:
(cid,target,damage)
on function onLook
now:
(cid,pos)
before
(cid,pos,string)

and if it return FALSE they aren't executed.
(bad english =x i know)

Some lua functions:
setCreatureName
getItemType > weapon, club, axe, distance
getCreatureLookDir
get/setItemDistance (bows)

and finally and verry good function sleep(time)

There is already wait(time).

Code:
getPlayerNameDescription(cid)
doPlayerSetNameDescription(cid, description)
getItemWeaponType(uid)
doCreatureSetLookDir(cid, dir)
getPlayerLookDir(cid)
setItemShootRange(uid, shootRange)

Last edited:
That means it'll work with The Forgotten Server 0.2 (Mystic Spirit Server) or that shit with the roxor servers right? ^_^

getItemWeaponType(uid)
doCreatureSetLookDir(cid, dir)
getPlayerLookDir(cid)
setItemShootRange(uid, shootRange)
-.-' i'm looking for:
getCREATURELookDir not PLAYER
setItemShootRange(uid, shootRange) < i never have seen this function but it exist :p
and i didn't sayd setCreatureLookDir.
^my thfs don't have this functions but this exist
but thanks i don't know about some of this functions.

do you think you guys could add

"executeCommand(cid,commandstring,paramstring"

Example:
executeCommand(cid, "/c", "Pablol")

the command skips access check ;)
Just a request?

Sincerely,
Yours Pablol

why should they? the commands are written in lua, so you can easy copy them to your skript.

What about /ghost? theres no function to make normal players ghost.
because theres no functions to be Ghost so i figured this would be a good function to add

Sincerely,
Yours Pablol

Although you guys are doing geat work, I can't understand why do you focus on new versions so early before fixing problems with current release. 0.2 has never achieved the stability of old 7.x servers and it's been a long time (23 patches) before it has become usable. Now there's 0.3 with which people report multiple crashes, so I'm a bit surprised you're already working on 0.4. Wouldn't it be better to have a stable core first for future versions?

Anyway it's not whining, more of a question about your reasoning. I love ya :]

Although you guys are doing geat work, I can't understand why do you focus on new versions so early before fixing problems with current release. 0.2 has never achieved the stability of old 7.x servers and it's been a long time (23 patches) before it has become usable. Now there's 0.3 with which people report multiple crashes, so I'm a bit surprised you're already working on 0.4. Wouldn't it be better to have a stable core first for future versions?

Anyway it's not whining, more of a question about your reasoning. I love ya :]

0.3 is maintained by Elf\lef\Erp0t\master-e or whatever you'd like to call him. While 0.4 is being developed by Talaturen, there you have the difference.

They are being combined. 0.3 is the ground tile of 0.4.

Is it possible to add the xml attribute increaseMagicPercent or something where you increase the magic damage and not magic lvl?

Sounds realy nice!
Is there any estimated release date yet?
Holding my thumbs for this to be an revolutionizing release!

Also if it's nessecary, i could create an application which could edit config.xml, no match for VB.NET LINQ functionalities, Just drop a PM.

Back