• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Plans for The Forgotten Server 0.4

@up
ha ha he´s a fricking noob xd you´re right

your so fricking idiot, you still believing on Nostradamus?.

A men asked jesus:
When will by the end of the world?.

And he said:
I dont know, only god knows.

So, EVEN JESUS know it. EVEN A STUPID boy called nostradamus, a book that is even edited by discovery channel, for make history lol..

The true possibility is that god says;
And the end will came more soon than my pacted date.

So, it meaning that maybe the men will by the destruction of it self existence.

-------
Post,
...WHY ITS TAKING SO MUCH!, maybe whaiting for tibia 8.4 release?.

You can't say that what your god says is true, because you can't be sure. However, what you can say is that you believe that it's true.

/Annoyed

/Offtopic xD

mmm my God. Its Cristian/Catholic the same as you and maybe a lot more here.

/

Howto run TFS on Linux

My apologies! I ment to say 'The god you believe in'.

And it's not the same as me, i'm an atheist.

If we want to update from 0.2.5 to 0.4.0, would we have to update any .lua or .xml scripts so that all our npcs and actions work properly?

hey what about elf?

If we want to update from 0.2.5 to 0.4.0, would we have to update any .lua or .xml scripts so that all our npcs and actions work properly?
Probably there won't be any scripting interface changes that will require you to change your scripts, as its now (compat.lua).
Talaturen wont work on 0.4.
Who said that?
hey what about elf?
I will, but depends what will be my job. If Talaturen wishes to take the lead, I will be helping around.

when is 3.5pl2 will be released?

who knows? I hope soon I will throw away my mystic spirit :p
although they may just release 0.4 and stop updating older 0.2/0.3
another prob is that it shall be released next cipsoft update(8.51? 8.6?) but I'm not sure

The Forgotten Server version 0.2 currently has the best stability. 0.3 has the new features. In version 0.4 we plan to focus on performance, it will be our highest priority. Besides performance, the graphical user interface will be rewritten using the crossplatform GUI library wxWidgets.

This is how our TODO list looks for 0.4 so far:
  • As mentioned above, the graphical user interface will be rewritten using wxWidgets. It will also be possible to communicate with players through the GUI.
  • Since it takes ages to save houseitems we will use live queries to update housetiles, this means that serversaves shouldn't take longer than 5 seconds. [100% done other way]
  • Another server intensive process is map clean, we will store the position of all trashed tiles and parse them instead of parsing the entire map. Yes, this will cost more memory resources but it will perform map cleans faster. Incase you don't use map clean it will be possible to disable this so the server doesn't store trashed tiles for no reason. [100% done]
  • The config file will be changed to XML, so it will be config.xml instead of config.lua. We will also write a configmanager application with wxWidgets which will make it easier to configure the file.
  • Also customability for more item attributes (known from /attr command), so it will be possible to change almost all of them. We are considering new, custom storage for them. [100% done other way]
  • Ability to reload items, outfits and weapons.
  • The guild management system will be rewritten, because the current code is hardcoded, heavy, ugly and hard to edit piece of unnecessary code.
  • Account manager code will also be rewritten, for the same reason as above.

If you believe that there is any other code we should improve, please post about it in this thread and we'll see if it's possible for us. Other suggestions can be posted in the project tools.

On 0.3 you use unqid and not a action script for doors and chest/quest

will it be script or unq?

also
edit:
when is date for it to come hope not 2010 or sush :D

# Since it takes ages to save houseitems we will use live queries to update housetiles, this means that serversaves shouldn't take longer than 5 seconds. [100% done other way]

Can you do this for player levels & skills & items too? I mean, if the server crashes the players & the houses get set back. It's nice to know that you've fixed that issue for houses, but what about players?

Elf changed the name of trunk to 0.4 yesterday, so you can download it if you donate to Otland.

don's are lucky

your so fricking idiot, you still believing on Nostradamus?.

A men asked jesus:
When will by the end of the world?.

And he said:
I dont know, only god knows.

So, EVEN JESUS know it. EVEN A STUPID boy called nostradamus, a book that is even edited by discovery channel, for make history lol..

The true possibility is that god says;
And the end will came more soon than my pacted date.

So, it meaning that maybe the men will by the destruction of it self existence.

-------
Post,
...WHY ITS TAKING SO MUCH!, maybe whaiting for tibia 8.4 release?.

I believe on me :)

Back