• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Play OTS WITHOUT MIXING the MAP! Fix hotkey bug when swapping from 8.1x to 8.2x etc~

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Znote
I learned this by Invisible Elf, and now I want to learn everyone else this as well:

What will I learn you to do?:
How to choose the location where tibia will save its configurations and maps.

Advantages of learning this:
  • You will not run into the issue where you login to a server, and you view the minimap and see its mixed with 4 other different map/ots you have tried out, with other words, you will see the map of that server, no other confusing stuff.
  • Hotkeys will never get bugged, so hotkeys will not be resetted when swapping from 8.11 servers and 8.2x servers.

Thats the advantages, but for me, its worth it! So damn annoying being forced to add the hotkeys again and again everytime swapping from 8.1x to 8.2x.

Getting started: You are only 6 easy steps away from solving this annoying problem!
Step 1: First off, lets find the directory of the tibia client 8.11?
444-found1.jpg

Whey found it! Do you see the directory is: C:\Program Files\Tibia811

But remember we don't got same, go check on your computer what your directory is, and open the folder!

Step 2: Now lets create a new folder! (so we got a place to save the map and hotkeys/configurations).

445-found2.jpg

Okey, now we got the folder were we can save map and such things, lets move on and make tibia save stuff inside that folder!

Step 3: Lets create a shortcut of the original tibia.exe! (you'll figure out why soon enough, just continue to do following steps).
446-found3.jpg

In order to view this list that displays on the picture, you move your mouse on the tibia icon, and right-click on the icon.

Because I run windows in Norwegian it may look a bit weird, in English it would refer to: Create shortcut.

Ok so now you have successfully managed to create a shortcut of tibia.exe, so lets follow to the next step:

Step 4: View the properties of this shortcut!
447-found4.jpg

Here you right click on the tibia - shortcut icon,(not the original tibia.exe icon!) and click on "Properties" which I believe the step 4 picture would refer to in English.

so lets move on:

Step 5: Find the target box.
448-found5.jpg

Ok, on the picture I have marked that text, not totaly sure what the name of the text box is in English, but the display should be pretty similar, so you should be able to find it.

Now lets do this magic trick that gives us the possibility to separate hotkeys and maps from getting bugged and such things:

Final Step 6: Da trick!
449-found6.jpg

On the picture you see I have written an exstra line into the target destination.

Lets make this easy, I will copy the text originally, as you see, it is:

Step 5 target said:
"C:\Program Files\Tibia811\Tibia.exe"

Now take a look at this:
Step 6 target said:
"C:\Program Files\Tibia811\Tibia.exe" Path C:\Program Files\Tibia811\znote saves

You see the text in orange, pretty self explanated, you take and write Patch, and then you write the directory to the folder you want to save the data in, I called the folder for znote saves, and the directory to the znote saves in my case was C:\Program Files\Tibia811, so the path would be: C:\Program Files\Tibia811\znote saves.

Well if I try to repeat this all the time it starts to get confused hahh, well you see its actually very easy, 6 simple steps.

When you have putted this in its just to click on, and run the shortcut and whollah your done! :thumbup:

If you want to separate server maps from each other servers, then make more shortcuts, and have etc tibia 8.11 znote server, tibia 8.11 aleria server, etc.

Its just to do exacly the same thing with the 8.21, make a folder to save data, make a 8.21 shortcut, follow the same steps only make it for 8.21 and it will work on the same way.

For this tutorial, there is just one thing I want in return, show me that I was helpful to you, and give me reputation through otland's reputation system! :D Give me rep to show me that what I do is not in vain, and more tutorials are guaranteed to follow! ;)

CLICK HERE TO GIVE ME REPUTATION!

Last edited:
I've used this method for long time now and never remembered to post it. Thanks for helping the community and indeed I will rep you up :) Keep the tough work up!

been using that since long time as well, but seems in 8.22, that it doesnt work anymore >.<. if it does, let me know how :p tks

This still works dudes! D:

Doesnt work with IP-Changers right? I mean for example with the IPC from ots-list, when we click "set directory for client", if we choose a shortcut and not a .exe, it will not work or will say "The client version you have chosen (0.) is not 8.00.", so that means it doesnt work with this IPC or how..?

Every client must be manually opened each time?

Thank you for this;)
I was using another method, by just naming each tibia.cfg for each version.

Back