• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Players cant log in to server, but char list works

andii95

Reaction score
As the topic says, people can get to my website using my ip, they can log in to character list, but then when they try to log in to a character it doesnt work. They time out. All the ports are open, 7171, 7172 and 80. What am i missing? Im using TFS 0.3.6
This is my config.lua
worldId = 0
ip = "83.179......."
bindOnlyConfiguredIpAddress = false
loginPort = 7171
gamePort = 7172
adminPort = 7171
statusPort = 7171
loginTries = 15
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = 1000
motd = "Welcome to The Evolution!"
displayOnOrOffAtCharlist = false
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = false
allowClones = false
serverName = "The Evolution"
loginMessage = "Welcome to The Evolution!"
statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
replaceKickOnLogin = true
forceSlowConnectionsToDisconnect = false
loginOnlyWithLoginServer = false
premiumPlayerSkipWaitList = false

Maybe i know whats your problem... do " ipconfig " in CMD and check if ur IPv4 ip are the same ip of that one that u used to open ur ports at ur router.

sorry for bad english, im from brazil.

Ports? Login scripts?
Those are the reasons I have found the most during my years.

Can you login ingame?
If it's just other people who can't login, it could be because because port 7172 isn't open, wrong global ip in config.lua or blocked by firewall/anti-virus programs.
Make sure the global ip in config.lua is correct (www.whatismyip.com) and you can try to disable firewall and anti-virus programs and check to be sure if port 7172 is really open.

Can you login ingame?
If it's just other people who can't login, it could be because because port 7172 isn't open, wrong global ip in config.lua or blocked by firewall/anti-virus programs.
Make sure the global ip in config.lua is correct (www.whatismyip.com) and you can try to disable firewall and anti-virus programs and check to be sure if port 7172 is really open.

But he wrote that the char list works = connection to the server is fine :p

If people can see their characterlist, this means port 7171 is open and they can connect to the login server and see their characterlist, the rest can still be wrong.
If ip is wrong in config.lua or port 7172 is closed or it's blocked by a firewall people can just see their characterlist but can't login ingame (can't connect to the game server).

Back