• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Players with Voc in rook

Solution
If you honestly cannot find the issue, (which should be your #1 priority and I highly recommend finding the bug instead of using this work around)
You could create a login event to automatically have players moved to the mainland, after obtaining their promotion.

Just pulling these things from memory, since again, I don't recommend this solution, unless it's the only solution available to you.
The logic is here and is NOT actual usable code, unless my memory is somehow perfect.. then it'd be usable for tfs 0.3.7
Code:
local function vocationCheck(cid)
    if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 0 or getPlayerVocation(cid) ~= 0 and getPlayerTown(cid) ~= rookgaards_town_id then
        addEvent(vocationCheck, 60 * 1000, cid)
    else...
Without actually looking through millions of files, I'm just going to assume you have
rookgaard -> talk to oracle -> get transported to little island to get vocations -> get vocations -> talk to boat dude -> get transported to mainland

I'm assuming they are doing this
rookgaard -> talk to oracle -> get transported to little island to get vocations -> get vocations -> die to random monsters -> back in rook.

If this is the case, a solution would be to create a new town on that island, and set the players town when they get transported by the Oracle.

Without actually looking through millions of files, I'm just going to assume you have
rookgaard -> talk to oracle -> get transported to little island to get vocations -> get vocations -> talk to boat dude -> get transported to mainland

I'm assuming they are doing this
rookgaard -> talk to oracle -> get transported to little island to get vocations -> get vocations -> die to random monsters -> back in rook.

If this is the case, a solution would be to create a new town on that island, and set the players town when they get transported by the Oracle.
yes nice idea, but the oracle dont have the option to transport to a little island, its another bug ;o
[/code]

Last edited by a moderator:
Try adding player:save() after the oracle adds their items. It is possible their position/master pos is not being updated when they are teleported to main land and when they die they return back to rookguaard.

Try adding player:save() after the oracle adds their items. It is possible their position/master pos is not being updated when they are teleported to main land and when they die they return back to rookguaard.

If they died they will reborn in correctly temple (mainland), theres another bug, thanks for the awnser, I'll discovery this and post here

Lua:
player:setVocation(Vocation(vocation[cid]))
            player:setTown(Town(town[cid]))

all otx servers have this

You should ask them how they got it and state they could be banned for a rule violation (bug abuse)?
Way easier as finding out yourself, since you're trying to replicate it without any further idea whats actually happening.

Being ban happy wont help anything.
Abusing a bug is a rule violation. Having a vocation in Rook is actually helping them advancing in skills faster thus they have an unfair advantage above other players.

It's not about being ban happy, it's about erasing cancers from your server whom are abusing bugs and not reporting it.

Ban 1 of 5 players on the server isn't a solution. Even with 200 players banning them for using a bug that's your fault isn't a good idea. Reverting their character, deleting ect fine. It is about being ban happy because banning an account and deleting a character are two different things. In this situation I wouldn't delete the character either. Revert skills at the most, I would offer a reward for someone to tell me rather than try to threaten them with a punishment. You must not have much experience with administrator positions. People don't give a shit and will go just fine not telling you shit and letting your game be shit because you are a ban happy idiot that can't figure out how to fix your game.

If you honestly cannot find the issue, (which should be your #1 priority and I highly recommend finding the bug instead of using this work around)
You could create a login event to automatically have players moved to the mainland, after obtaining their promotion.

Just pulling these things from memory, since again, I don't recommend this solution, unless it's the only solution available to you.
The logic is here and is NOT actual usable code, unless my memory is somehow perfect.. then it'd be usable for tfs 0.3.7
Code:
local function vocationCheck(cid)
    if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 0 or getPlayerVocation(cid) ~= 0 and getPlayerTown(cid) ~= rookgaards_town_id then
    else
        doTeleportThing(cid, {x = 1000, y = 1000, z = 7})
        doPlayerSetTown(cid, 1111)
        savePlayer(cid)
    end
end

function onLogin(cid)
    end
    return true
end

Last edited:
Solution
Ban 1 of 5 players on the server isn't a solution. Even with 200 players banning them for using a bug that's your fault isn't a good idea. Reverting their character, deleting ect fine. It is about being ban happy because banning an account and deleting a character are two different things. In this situation I wouldn't delete the character either. Revert skills at the most, I would offer a reward for someone to tell me rather than try to threaten them with a punishment. You must not have much experience with administrator positions. People don't give a shit and will go just fine not telling you shit and letting your game be shit because you are a ban happy idiot that can't figure out how to fix your game.
make whole rookgaard non pvp area just to piss them off.

You've nailed my day already, and it's only 7.10 lmao

Ban 1 of 5 players on the server isn't a solution. Even with 200 players banning them for using a bug that's your fault isn't a good idea. It is about being ban happy because banning an account and deleting a character are two different things.

Abusing any bug and refraining from any method of reporting the issue (or at least being truthful) is worth a character ban in my opinion. And where have I mentioned banning ones complete account? Actually, removing one entity which is causing misbehavior from the game out of a bundle of maybe 100 (we indeed don't know how much players there are) will send out a warning to other players, not to challenge the rules or the staff enforcing them.

In this situation I wouldn't delete the character either. Revert skills at the most, I would offer a reward for someone to tell me rather than try to threaten them with a punishment.

I am not going to revert someones character when he/she has abused a flaw on purpose without giving any form of reporting. You shouldn't supplement bad behavior with rewards other have to work for. Sure, some sort of small appreciation is alright - but the player in this case is refusing to say anything about it. Also - isn't the player clicking some sort of a box agreeing to rules 'n stuff? Ohh.. wait..

You must not have much experience with administrator positions. People don't give a shit and will go just fine not telling you shit and letting your game be shit because you are a ban happy idiot that can't figure out how to fix your game.

Please stay away from personal suggestions like these, since it seems like you don't know shit about me. I've been administrating a whole lot of servers, within and outside of the OT community. This situation is not about being an "idiot that can't figure out how to fix your game". It's about having a bug and unveiling the cause of it. And indeed, people don't give a shit - so why should an administrator care about one particular person? It's about retaining the flow of stable gameplay. Not in pampering your players with presents if they are being honest.

Last edited:
Back