• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Points of Interest Poll: Adventure RPG Project-What you're looking for in this style.

Blood BlvD Ot

Reaction score
I'm pondering up some ideas for a server I've been longing to make, and I've decided to find a way to get the information on the wants, and ideas, of players and/or other OT producers.

The idea is an Adventure RPG. Story and Exploration will be key in this idea. Other additions are also being thought of such as the economics, a type of social/royal ranking, many different types of reputation points, story lines that branch off of which vocational guild you choose to follow, vocational tree advancements.

If the point of this thread is not clear to the reader so far, lets make it so.

I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK/IDEAS/WANTS ON THE IDEA OF AN ADVENTURE RPG OT.
Please don't troll.
Post things like :

Ideas for systems that would fit into the game world.
Ideas for different job classes.
Story line ideas.
Which vocational guilds to add.

Thank you for taking the time to read this far, hope there are many ideas and helpful comments added ^_^.

Peoples Ideas In Thread So Far :
*Chain Quests - quests with meaning.

Last edited:
I think the story line idea is great. Will give players more to do other than just fight. I've yet to see an of like that (not a good one anyway).... I want to see less pvp an more ROLE PLAYING!!! I would like to see chain quests, that take u on an adventure. Not just "go talk to this npc for a reward" or "gather these items for reward".... Somethin that leads u across the lands for a meaning, like in the old days of pirates an stuff. Lol, make boats so u sail the open sea!!!! ARG!!!

When you say vocation guilds you're speaking of things similar to Oblivion? Where there is the thief guild, warrior guild, mage guild?

You could basically do that and add similar vocations, but let them advance(promotion) as they become further up in there guild, for example you start off as a Pickpocket, you goto the thiefs guild and the more quests/challanges you complete the more points you get, certain amount of points allows you to upgrade in rank eg. to Thief/Rogue
You could even give it variety, so they could pick between a Thief or a Rogue, and make them different.

Each rank gives different spells/bonuses from/in that guild, such as Thiefs get access to something similar to rashid? Although that opens way for something similar to a economy such as only theives being able to sell most items, so people would sell to theives and theives would then sell to rashid for profit, but then it'd eventually be destroyed with other people just making thieves. It's an idea non the less though.

Could even do hidden guilds like in the Oblivion, like once you reach a certain rank in the thieves guild, if you "know" about them you can seek out the Shadow Guild, which could be a group of assassins (example: You advance from Pickpocket > Rogue > Assassin), you could join them aswell and obtain points there giving hidden perks or bonuses to you.

As for different types of Vocations, Imo should go off the D&D selection, nothing beats good ole D&D

Fighters
Paladins - The holy sword and shield kind o.o
Rangers
Sorcerers
Druids
Wizards
Rogue
Barbarian
Cleric
Change them as you see fit, use it more as a base.

Last edited:
I'm not actually sure what that rant was about, but yea.. The plan is to have a tree promotional system for the vocational guilds.

Back