• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Poland] [Custom client] Tibia Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
http://tibiasimulator.com/
Server Address
tibiasimulator.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
If cipsoft sees your work they will probably sue you to get free cash. Copyright infringement on apps may result in statutory damages of up to around $100k.

If cipsoft sees your work they will probably sue you to get free cash. Copyright infringement on apps may result in statutory damages of up to around $100k.
So how much OTS are earings when they event pay cipsoft 100k?! Wow !!!

They still can sue the author, he does have rights to used graphics.
I asked CipSoft few times in the past for permission to use their graphics and they always refused.

I have bad news. We've collected all your opinions and we summed up everything. Server is not stable, the UI is too small for mobile devices, hunting system does not meet our expectations, you don't fully control your character, there are bugs in client and everything (using CipSoft's intellectual property) here is illegal. There is a lot of work ahead of us and it's too early to add SMS Shop. We have no source of income and we cannot afford another months of work. We have made a decision not to continue the development of the project. However, if anyone is interested in financing/buying project, hiring us or another form of cooperation - pm me. You can consider it as a demo version of our programming skills. So sorry.

Not to worry, I understand. The idea was definitely great. Thanks for the few days of fun.

Cheers,
NotaKnight

That is sad to hear. This was a unique project. It was in an early stage so bugs and issues are expected and no one here was very ciritical of that. I was surprised to see how much interest it generated. It is unlikely cip would sue and there are other android software (OTCv8) using copyrighted cip work. In general there are a lot of android apps using copyrighted work in the app store. Some of them being super well know. For example Flappy Birds ripping off Mario graphics and sound. The concern is understandable and If you feel uncomfortable then stopping is the right move. I hope you and your teams next project is just as unique and interesting.

I have bad news. We've collected all your opinions and we summed up everything. Server is not stable, the UI is too small for mobile devices, hunting system does not meet our expectations, you don't fully control your character, there are bugs in client and everything (using CipSoft's intellectual property) here is illegal. There is a lot of work ahead of us and it's too early to add SMS Shop. We have no source of income and we cannot afford another months of work. We have made a decision not to continue the development of the project. However, if anyone is interested in financing/buying project, hiring us or another form of cooperation - pm me. You can consider it as a demo version of our programming skills. So sorry.
Hey but every new game that start from scratch will always have bugs and bugs never ending if i was you i would keep going with this slowly and searching for some financing the project dont let it die you can successfully

That's nice to read all your comments here.
Hey but every new game that start from scratch will always have bugs and bugs never ending if i was you i would keep going with this slowly and searching for some financing the project dont let it die you can successfully
Unfortunately, but I'm afraid nobody will be interested in the project. :(

That's nice to read all your comments here.

Unfortunately, but I'm afraid nobody will be interested in the project. :(
Just keep going don’t throw this amazing project.. man look im hoster but i like to help with contributions too if you continue with this open a donation form and for sure i will help.

No Man. Contineu this game. When IT will be stable and u will made SMS shop i can sponsor your server for some %$.

Want to try, when does it come out for IOS users?

Don't give up on your project it have alot of potential, make a paypal link so we can donate you to keep the project going.
Maybe remove it from the google store and just provide the apk on your website like ots do with the client to avoid cipsoft attention.

ah god damn, hopefully some proactive fellow will fix this for us

Don't give up on your project it have alot of potential, make a paypal link so we can donate you to keep the project going.
Maybe remove it from the google store and just provide the apk on your website like ots do with the client to avoid cipsoft attention.
Thats the way you should go @VVarrior take it down from google and just provide a safe apk in your website trust me you project will sucessfull

Yeah, you can do manual APK installs on mobile devices. Users will have to find how to approve that install on their phones uniquely but it will avoid the copyright issues through Google

Thats the way you should go @VVarrior take it down from google and just provide a safe apk in your website trust me you project will sucessfull
It won't be successful. Mobile app that requires account creation on external website? That's strike one, need to login on that website using GENERATED account details is strike two, need to create character on the same website before you can play is strike three.

How much money are we talking about here to keep the server running?

Also, before u stop developing it, make us able to have longer hunts, people should stack up potions and stuff and hunt the time they think that their stacks would last. Simple as that

I really appreciate it, but we don't want to beg and we can't take money from users for unfinished game.
It won't be successful. Mobile app that requires account creation on external website? That's strike one, need to login on that website using GENERATED account details is strike two, need to create character on the same website before you can play is strike three.
You're right. It can be uncomfortable process for new users. However, our target group is Tibia fans. Most of us are OT veterans, so we've experience with Account Makers. We just made game for you, Tibians.
How much money are we talking about here to keep the server running?
A little more than a few 10$ donations.
Also, before u stop developing it, make us able to have longer hunts, people should stack up potions and stuff and hunt the time they think that their stacks would last. Simple as that
It was planned, but the project has been suspended. If nobody will begin cooperation with us, the server will shut down. So there is no point to release next patch/update. So sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back