• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Poll: Tibia's Report System in an OTS?

Would you use this system if it were available?

• Yes, I'd definitely use it.

• Yes, if it actually lead to some form of punishment.

• Unsure. I'll post below.

• No, this system is completely useless.

• What's the report system?

Results are only viewable after voting.

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
This report system has been out for quite some time now. Please vote and leave your thoughts here.
desismileys_3236.gif

Tibia Report Feature - Tibia.Wikia.com

We will be expanding on Tibia's system and using it as a direct line of contact to all staff.

Thanks,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Keep voting! :) And to those that claim it's completely useless, I'd like to know why. Perhaps we can change your mind by changing / improving the system.

Appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

24h bump.

I wouldn't say it was completely useless. A lot of players on the many OTs that I have played always talk about inattentive staff members, most likely because the staff is offline. If this system could somehow create a private message in a separate, staff only, channel for everyone to hear, similar to Help Chat, but you may view it once you get back online, it would be very useful. However, I have no idea how that happen. Maybe something similar to a guild's MOTD, but for all the reports.

I wouldn't say it was completely useless. A lot of players on the many OTs that I have played always talk about inattentive staff members, most likely because the staff is offline. If this system could somehow create a private message in a separate, staff only, channel for everyone to hear, similar to Help Chat, but you may view it once you get back online, it would be very useful. However, I have no idea how that happen. Maybe something similar to a guild's MOTD, but for all the reports.

It will be linked directly to staff in the way I plan to design it. :)

Appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming. It's a large system, so I want a good idea of how many will actually utilize it.

It will be linked directly to staff in the way I plan to design it. :)

Appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming. It's a large system, so I want a good idea of how many will actually utilize it.
Then that will be a great system. But do you think it would be popular with the whole botting revolution going around in OTs nowadays, where all these servers are just letting people bot? I suppose it could be used for other purposes, but it just seems like servers are becoming much more lenient.

Then that will be a great system. But do you think it would be popular with the whole botting revolution going around in OTs nowadays, where all these servers are just letting people bot? I suppose it could be used for other purposes, but it just seems like servers are becoming much more lenient.

It won't be used as a hammer to smite those who bot. We can't stop botting. It's part of Tibia and Open Tibia. However, we can control it. Reports will allow us to better understand how the community behaves. It's fairly sophisticated and will require a lot of testing (and time). That's the plan, anyway. But is it worth the trouble? That's what I'm here to find out.

We'll build on what Tibia has introduced. Their system is incomplete in my eyes. ;)

Last edited:
It won't be used as a hammer to smite those who bot. We can't stop botting. It's part of Tibia and Open Tibia. However, we can control it. Reports will allow us to better understand how the community behaves. It's fairly sophisticated and will require a lot of testing (and time). That's the plan, anyway. But is it worth the trouble? That's what I'm here to find out. :p

We'll build on what Tibia has introduced. Their system is incomplete in my eyes. ;)

EDIT: I've removed some information because it's difficult to explain.
Great things start with people who test out what seems improbable.

Great things start with people who test out what seems improbable.

Very true. It always seems impossible until it is done.

I appreciate you taking the time to post. It helps. :) We're trying to improve upon what Tibia has created, and do so in a way that everyone can appreciate.

Back when there were only a few servers on tibia, on Secura since it was a non-pvp server, they tried something similar called a blacklist on the forum for those that stole from or scammed other players.
It worked for those that were active on the forums but the majority of people who played, didn't even bother with the forums for various reasons..

Systems like this irk me, its like you are trying to create your own little inner circle...

Why not just build it 1st and then release it as a contribution to the community then for those of us like myself might see its usefulness, but as of right now all I see is oh look J.Dre is creating another one of his 'this is how its going to be or I'll hold my breath' threads.

As I post this, your thread has 217 views, a total of 19 votes, 4 of which would like this, 5 like it if it were effective and 5 that don't see a point to it.
Why do I point this out? Because no one likes you man... :p

Back when there were only a few servers on tibia, on Secura since it was a non-pvp server, they tried something similar called a blacklist on the forum for those that stole from or scammed other players.
It worked for those that were active on the forums but the majority of people who played, didn't even bother with the forums for various reasons..

Systems like this irk me, its like you are trying to create your own little inner circle...

Why not just build it 1st and then release it as a contribution to the community then for those of us like myself might see its usefulness, but as of right now all I see is oh look J.Dre is creating another one of his 'this is how its going to be or I'll hold my breath' threads.

As I post this, your thread has 217 views, a total of 19 votes, 4 of which would like this, 5 like it if it were effective and 5 that don't see a point to it.
Why do I point this out? Because no one likes you man... :p
Oh come on... really? I have decided to ignore most of your posts up until now, but give @J.Dre a break, would you? You've done absolutely nothing but attack him in one way or another since you applied to his server. If you don't see the point in any of his ideas, fine, speak your mind about it or completely ignore them, but why would you even consider bringing up something as ludicrous as your last statement? I like @J.Dre and I'm certain others do too. If anything would scare people off from interacting with @J.Dre, it would be the way he speaks, the quality he expects, and not because of some universally accepted truth that he is the scum of the earth. If I recall correctly, you've mentioned you're of a mature age numerous times throughout the forums. I humbly request you act it.

Sorry for being off-topic, but to claim some relevance to the main topic, if it helps you catch abusers of any kind, and you personally feel it would be a sound investment, I'd say go for it.

To everyone against the idea. Explain how revamping a system that is flawed almost completely is considered useless?

To everyone against the idea. Explain how revamping a system that is flawed almost completely is considered useless?
Because it is near impossible to identify someone on the web, and this bad rating thing or dislike is easily corruptible, if your not apart of the social circle due to a difference of opinion or whatever you are an outcast.

Lets use a ot server as an example: Person launches server, server becomes populated, person makes some players staff members, staff members are friendly at 1st, over time they become spiteful or just plain full of themselves, now server turns to shit because u have rude staff and absent owner.

Same concept here, you take someone who wants to be in control and u give them that control, they obtain a monopoly on a certain aspect where what they say is law, this control goes to their (if it hasn't already) and people who have done next to nothing wrong aside from insulting this tard are excluded.

Just look at otservlist.. case and point.

Oh come on... really? I have decided to ignore most of your posts up until now, but give @J.Dre a break, would you? You've done absolutely nothing but attack him in one way or another since you applied to his server. If you don't see the point in any of his ideas, fine, speak your mind about it or completely ignore them, but why would you even consider bringing up something as ludicrous as your last statement? I like @J.Dre and I'm certain others do too. If anything would scare people off from interacting with @J.Dre, it would be the way he speaks, the quality he expects, and not because of some universally accepted truth that he is the scum of the earth. If I recall correctly, you've mentioned you're of a mature age numerous times throughout the forums. I humbly request you act it.

Sorry for being off-topic, but to claim some relevance to the main topic, if it helps you catch abusers of any kind, and you personally feel it would be a sound investment, I'd say go for it.

Well said, I think the fact that Codex NG has been removed from 3 projects in a month speaks for itself, or as he says "I quit it because they're too stupid?" not sure <insert excuse here>

Could be usefull if it was controlled aka all "reports" will be checked by a person. Cuz massreporting will be a thing like in real tibia

That's the plan. ;) With how I plan to have it made, someone will respond in real time. There should be very little turnaround.

Appreciate you taking the time to post and vote. Thank you.

Last edited:
Please continue to vote and post. I'd like to hear feedback regarding this.

Thanks,
J.Dre

I think it could actually be useful in a RPG type of server. It sounds like something I would be interested in implementing into my server whenever I can manage to get it online.

I think it could actually be useful in a RPG type of server. It sounds like something I would be interested in implementing into my server whenever I can manage to get it online.

The project I'm building (with a great many talented individuals) will be a bit more RPG focused than the typical "real map project." So, I think it will be a nice fit. ;)

This is one of many systems we plan to implement to protect the community's extended life. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Regards,
J.Dre

Back