• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Port Problem [Not noobish one]

ExibeR

Lua/C++/PHP Programmer
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a problem with my new router, which I did not experience with my old one. I've opened 7171 and 80, and when I check at Open Port Check Tool they confirm that.

People play on my server, and can access my webpage. So all that works fine. But the problem is when I connect with my globalIP or domain. Then the ports closes, and only I can connect with globalIP/domain.

*If I connect to the server, everyone get's kicked and cannot connect
*If I connect to the website, no one can access it

But that does not happen if I use 127.0.0.1/localhost
Then I can connect and the ports stay open.

I wounder if anyone have had the same experience, or has it, and found a solution to it. Only when I use my globalIP/domain the port closes. That didn't happen on my previous router.

CASE:
If I connect with my global ip, the port closes, but still allows me.
If I connect with local ip, the ports stays open, and allows everyone.

Last edited:
So why not just use the local IP? I can't really see any advantages using the global over the local one.

So why not just use the local IP? I can't really see any advantages using the global over the local one.

Because, if I use the local ip on the webside, my browser will automaticly redirect me to Narkia - Latest News when I press any buttons on my website.

I use local ip for playing, but I can't use local ip for the website.

Back