• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Portforwarded, still it wont work! What's wrong?

Chrippe

Reaction score
Hello!

Hear me out before you draw the conclusion that I havent opened up the ports.

I've recently been hosting a server, with no problems at all. Forwarded the correct ports, set the right IP-adress, yeah. It worked!

So here's the deal, I felt I wanted to upgrade the server capacity, so I thought: "Why not host it on the other computer with more RAM memory?"
I transferred all SQL/Server files needed. So both the AAC and the server is working on the "new" computer. But it just wont work to login with the global ip adress. "Error: Connection refused (10061)" (Character list is loaded but you can't login).

I've sat here now for 2-3 hours, searching for a solution with the search function. With no success.
Both computers is connected to the same router/firewall. Static ip adress on the working host-computer was 192.168.1.2, so I just changed the ip to 192.168.1.4 (other computers ip adress) in the port-forwarding interface.

So as it worked with the other computer? How come it doesn't work now? Only thing I did was to correct the static ip adress. And yea, I have the global IP adress in the config.

I tried shutting down the Anti-Virus program's firewall, the windows firewall itself. I tried to "run the server as administrator". NOTHING seem to work.

Only difference between the computers is that the old one has Windows XP and the new one (that cannot host a server) is using Windows Vista.

Ports opened:

I used this homepage Open Port Check Tool to see if the ports worked correctly. Port 7171 works (I can connect to the character list):

Code:
Success: I can see your service on 213.**.***.*** on port (7171)
Your ISP is not blocking port 7171

Port 80 works:

Code:
Success: I can see your service on 213.**.***.*** on port (80)
Your ISP is not blocking port 80

Port 7172 does not work:

Code:
Error: I could not see your service on 213.**.***.*** on port (7172)
Reason: Connection refused

What could possibly be wrong? My guess is that my computer hates me. Maybe you can prove me wrong?

Thanks in advance!

/Chrippe.

I had the same problem with the 7172 but it was working for me even when the website said it didnt. Have you tried to start your server already? and tested it.. also open port 3306

Hello!

Hear me out before you draw the conclusion that I havent opened up the ports.

I've recently been hosting a server, with no problems at all. Forwarded the correct ports, set the right IP-adress, yeah. It worked!

So here's the deal, I felt I wanted to upgrade the server capacity, so I thought: "Why not host it on the other computer with more RAM memory?"
I transferred all SQL/Server files needed. So both the AAC and the server is working on the "new" computer. But it just wont work to login with the global ip adress. "Error: Connection refused (10061)" (Character list is loaded but you can't login).

I've sat here now for 2-3 hours, searching for a solution with the search function. With no success.
Both computers is connected to the same router/firewall. Static ip adress on the working host-computer was 192.168.1.2, so I just changed the ip to 192.168.1.4 (other computers ip adress) in the port-forwarding interface.

So as it worked with the other computer? How come it doesn't work now? Only thing I did was to correct the static ip adress. And yea, I have the global IP adress in the config.

I tried shutting down the Anti-Virus program's firewall, the windows firewall itself. I tried to "run the server as administrator". NOTHING seem to work.

Only difference between the computers is that the old one has Windows XP and the new one (that cannot host a server) is using Windows Vista.

Ports opened:

I used this homepage Open Port Check Tool to see if the ports worked correctly. Port 7171 works (I can connect to the character list):

Code:
Success: I can see your service on 213.**.***.*** on port (7171)
Your ISP is not blocking port 7171

Port 80 works:

Code:
Success: I can see your service on 213.**.***.*** on port (80)
Your ISP is not blocking port 80

Port 7172 does not work:

Code:
Error: I could not see your service on 213.**.***.*** on port (7172)
Reason: Connection refused

What could possibly be wrong? My guess is that my computer hates me. Maybe you can prove me wrong?

Thanks in advance!

/Chrippe.

You need to close the ports from the other computer, you cant have double ports open, so close the ports from the old computer and open ports in the new one :)

I had the same problem with the 7172 but it was working for me even when the website said it didnt. Have you tried to start your server already? and tested it.. also open port 3306

Read my first post carefully, players can connect to the characterlist, but not the game itself. 3306 has nothing to do with the server itself, only mysql and that part works perfectly!

have you added the ports in the firewall?
Read my first post, yes.

Goto Windows Firewall (if you have this on) and open 7172 too.
As I said in the first post, all needed ports in my firewall has been forwarded and on top of that, I've shut down the windows firewall and the anti-virus firewall.

Windows Firewall>Change Settings>Exceptions
Already did, wouldn't work. So I shut the Windows Firewall off, wouldn't work either.

did you put the ip of the second computer in the config.lua??
Yes, ofcourse I did!

You need to close the ports from the other computer, you cant have double ports open, so close the ports from the old computer and open ports in the new one :)
I already closed all ports from the old computer and re-opened them for the new one.

Loads of people seem to have the same issue, and I'd say it's time for someone to solve the problem as it seem to involve alot of users. I'm sure the genious who can solve this one will get loads of reputation + a sticky, involving this kind of unusual problem (as this doesn't seem to be one of the common portforwarding/global IP/static IP issues. Let's try to work this out together!

C'mon now guys, loads of people are waiting for someone to help us! I'm 100% sure, just search around in the forums and you'll see for yourself!

I have the exact same problem.
What's interesting is that I can host old servers (7.6 and prior), but not the new ones. One solution I had for one server (which doesn't work for the server I'm trying to start right now) is to set your host computer as DMZ. This option does however involve security risks.

If someone has more ideas how to solve this problem, I and many others would be greatly thankfull. I've been looking for a fix for this a long time, but every person who asks just get the standard "open your ports"-answer.

Dentarocor

yo I have the same problem too with the difference that I am able to see the character list and yes i did port-forward,put it on my lua,checked to update the ip for the no-ip app.

oks hope somebody comes up with an answer.(thank you in advance)xD

Back