• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux ports 7171 problems

Sebastian Ching

Reaction score
I am using ubuntu 10.04, I have 7171 ports 7172 and 80 open in my router settings when I login to the website server loads fine, but my ports 7171 and 7172 cant work (i checked in port checker). Please help me with this. im using nucom r5000un.

Open them in your modem via TCP/UDP ports 7171 and 7172 (individually) then open your firewall on your OS and open them again (same way basically) and then goto Open Port Check Tool and type in the ports you want checked to see if they are open. Btw you do have to have your server running for this.

Remember that you need to forward it in BOTH services (tcp and udp), and be sure that the ports are the same-way added into the firewall configuration

I am also getting this problem. I have tried absolutely everything for two days straight and it is doing my nut in! Nothing seems to work.. I have opened my ports (confirmed by vapus[dot]net) and tried every IP address in the config file I can think of. Am I supposed to login with port 7171 or 7172 with the IP changer? I just cant seem to login in locally at all, all I get is waiting with connection time out (cannot connect to server 200002). I've disabled my firewall and antivirus so I dont think these are a problem. The only thing I can think of is that I have 3 computers none of which have static IP's. If anyone could help me I would very grateful. Here are the steps I have taken so far:

1) Open ports and confirmed on Vapus
2) Disabled firewall and Antivirus
3) Setup a No-ip and tried every IP I can think of including IPv4.
4) Tried two different servers an 8.6 and 9.6 (both results are the same)
5) Tried logging in with port 7172 (got a critical error both times).

Maybe I am missing something again all help is appreciated! :)

Use port 7171 to login and your global ip/no-ip to login.
I suggest enabling DMZ or check if you're actually using the right client (considering you're getting critical error).

Just changed that now, no success :s, for 9.6 I am meant to be logging in with port 7171 right?

Server is online and running, my config file looks fine, database is connecting. It just doesn't seem to want me to log in! If I have disabled firewall could it still block the ports if I haven't set permissions for them to always be open?

If you host the ot on your computer, then log in with the ip you used to open your ports (this is should your IPv4 address) and port 7171. In config.lua it should be like this:
Lua:
	ip = "your global ip"
	loginProtocolPort = 7171
	gameProtocolPort = 7172
Your global ip is the one from What Is My IP Address | Shows Your IP Address.
Other people should log in with your global ip/no-ip, you with your IPv4 address.

I have put my global ip in the config file and tried logging in with my IPv4 address (found by searching CMD > IPCONFIG) and still I cannot login. Here is what my config looks like:

-- Connection Config
ip = "My Global IP"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = "no"
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
adminProtocolPort = 7171
statusProtocolPort = 7171
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = "1000"
motd = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = "yes"
allowClones = "no"
serverName = "Forgotten"
loginMessage = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
adminLogsEnabled = "no"
statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
replaceKickOnLogin = "yes"

The server is from the following OT Land tutorial

Look in your router if you used your IPv4 address to open your ports.
Else you can also type your router in google with porforwarding, then you will see a link with a tutorial how to forward ports with that router, incase you did something wrong.

Hi Limos, cheers for support. When I accessed my port it was from my Default Gateway IP which allows me to access my router backend (I made all changes there and followed the BT Home Hub guide for port forwarding). If I try and access my router through my IPv4 IP I get a 403 forbidden error in my browser. Here are a few images showing the settings:

bthomehub2_tibiaot_portforwarding.jpg
bthomehub2_tibiaot_portforwarding3.jpg
bthomehub2_tibiaot_portforwarding2.jpg

For some reason I cant even login locally, it just times out. So even with the IP as: 127.0.0.1, I still cant login. Hoping someone else has experienced this and can shed some light!:S

If you want to login with your local host, then also add 127.0.0.1 in your config.lua. You can also try to disable the firewall in your router (this should open all your ports) to check if it's a portforwarding issue.
Meanwhile I will try to find out a possible reason why you get the 403 forbidden error.

Edit: Try it with a different internet browser.

Last edited:
He already did that and got a 403 forbidden error which is probable caused by the internet browser he is using.

Back