• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Printer Learning Java

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

well i started learning java few weeks ago and today i made my first attempt. Creating a software with Java using JFrame and BorderLayout and here is so far i got :)

tj3E0U5z.png

As you see it's a software, which open other softwares that come with your Windows. I call it Windows Toolbox. The "Temp Cleaner" is custom made, what it does. It execute a command in the cmd and clean the temp folder.

Top to the right, it shows your computer information. Well my computer name is NTI. Else it would show Welcome myName ^^. Then we can see it's window 7 and 64bit :)

I hope i could get some feedback :)

Thanks in advance.

That's wassup bro! Looks good! I ofc know nothing about java but it looks like you are doing great.. What is it that tempted you to start learning java? What's the interest?

Thanks bro :) Well i always loved making my own stuff. So i pickt java, to Making App's to mobile devices and Softwares in general ;)

After Java, i will tackle C++!

That's wassup, I have been thinking about taking some classes on Java myself, same reason as you, as far as platforms go C++ and Java dominate that field, but as of late everyone is following the Java trend....

Well i'm learning java online and not in school ^^

Yeah, I'm doing neither right now... But I suppose you could say I am learning lua, and C++ online (self taught from otland.net) :D

Update, added all the tools i could think off:
eRh6U3Hj.png

dN62xdR.png

4c8D8hgn.png

No. It's using Windows own :p The only custom cleaner is the temp cleaner.

I didn't use Codecademy :p I read java documentations online ^^
Ah kk:)
Anyway when i someday stumble upon java in my webdesign book (or rather java script) ill be sure to contact ya^^

I have added Menu window:
Ek9fUEit.png

oE8bomAF.png

7T2GBeyQ.png

For me mostly is functionallty than desing ^^

My second software, using java:
rB_iI45G.png

Back