• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem logging into the server

Jester753

Reaction score
Hey i had an ots working fully and wonderfully, but i had to move. So i packed up my server and moved, reconfigured it to the new modem, forwarded my ports and decided to redo the database. I also modified my no-ip host. Now i have problems.

If i try and log in using 127.0.0.1 then it loads the character list, and when trying to log into a character you get error 10061.

If i try logging into my no-ip ip address, you get sent straight to error 10061.

But i log in using the computers ip on the lan then it works.

The website i have also only works for localhost, not my no-ip. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
-jester

If i change it from my global ip to 127.0.0.1 i can log in using that, but then no one from elsewhere can right?
Also port 80 is open, along with 7171 and 7172.

Well, I had the same problem once, for a while ago.
In config.lua, add you "no-ip.org" ip-adress over there and everwhere else, depends on which aac generator you have. Nicaw (old one) is needed to add your "no-ip.org" ip-adress. Do you use geisor or modern aac?

When you have your global ip-adresses on the right places, then you need to open cmd --> and then type "ipconfig". Look for
Code:
    Anslutningsspecifika DNS-suffix . :
   Länklokal IPv6-adress . . . . . . : fe80::e590:99b7:3418:59f9%19
  [COLOR="#FF0000"] IPv4-adress . . . . . . . . . . . : 78.78.145.196[/COLOR]
   Nätmask . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
   Standard-gateway. . . . . . . . . : 78.78.145.197

If you are using IPv6, if will just be another longer adress there.

That ip-adress is the one you need to have to connect to your server meanwhile others can do it aswell.

This problems occur since some routers are different from others in the options. Which you can't change, so you need this proccess all over again if you restart your router.

Just reply if it still doesn't work. But it should work, I'm absolutely sure! :)

Away from my computer, I think this will do it though its about the only thing I haven't tried lol, I will post if it works though thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I use modern aac

I don't really understand what the problem is. You (if you are the hoster) can only log in with the ip you used to forward your ports (this is mostly your ipv4 address) or with your localhost. You need to have your global ipaddress (ip from What Is My IP - Shows Your IP Address) in your config.lua and other people can only login using your global ipaddress. It is normal you can't log in yourself with using your global ipaddress (no-ip) if you didn't use this one with forwarding your ports.

The problem is no one can connect to the server. I have the global ip in my config.lua. The only way you can connect is from the host computer using the ipv4 ip, the no-ip doesn't work and the global ip won't work.

If anyone else is having this issue, it's probably your modem. I had a shit westell modem that was causing this issue, i looked a lot online and lots of people were having the problem with the modem i had. I installed a new one and everything is working great now.

Back