• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem with a Default Channel message

jnulloa

Reaction score
Hello!
When I login into my server, there is a message in polack language that I want to translate. The thing is that I can`t find the document that contains this message to translate it.
Can anyone help me? I tried using the windows searching tool but nothing.
Here is a picture of my problem:
oregunta server.PNG

Thanks a lot guys!

What server version are you running?
I am still relatively new to this new era of OT, but back in the day, I'm sure this was located in config.lua. However, with several key updates to TFS, it could now be located in the login.lua located in creaturescripts.

Take a look but I am sure the next person to reply will help you.

most likely to be a globalevent/creatureevent script or a mod script since you didn't told what tfs you are using

Like @Evil Puncker said is mostly in those files but if you don't find it on a separate file then try look in to login.lua (creatureevents)
line that could look like this
Lua:
    player:sendTextMessage(messageType or MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_RED, 'Welcome your server name!')

The advice already given should help you find the problem this time. But in the future you may want better tools. The cmder shell has the Unix tools find and grep.

On Linux I could find the origin in mere seconds. cmder with the git package would let you do the same on Windows. grep could locate "graczem" in light speed.
Usage example said:
[xaekai@server ~/src/otserver_oldtfs]
$ grep 'your character has been namelocked' ./ -r
./data/creaturescripts/scripts/login.lua: doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE, "Hello, it appears that your character has been namelocked, what would you like as your new name?")
$

Back