• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem with ports

johandexter

Reaction score
Hi
I am trying to open up my tibia servers so my friends can connect to it. I can connect with the public ip adress but other people can't connect.
When i check online it looks like my ports 80 7171 and 7172 are blocked. I have tried opening them through my firewall still nothing works.
I have tried closing down skype since i know it can block port 80.

Portforwarding won't really help me since im not using a router.

the only solution is port forwarding, i'm not sure how you plan on bypassing opening your ports for connection
you can still port forward through your modem

Is it weird that i have never needed to do portforwarding before and have to do it now?. My ports has always been open. Same internet supplier same everything.

And how do i portforward my ports for my modem and not my router?

Last edited by a moderator:
you connect you pc via eternet cable and write at your web browser 192.168.0.1tey it will ask for a password look wwich one is on youtube or google
or call your isp provider

run "ipconfig" in CMD, look at default gateway
use that ip to sign in to your modem/router
it's usually 192.168.0.1 but not always
OxxG5C3.png

Win+r or open up a command line terminal, either way, and write "ipconfig" without the quotes and press enter.
Look for the IP in the column "default gateway".
Try accessing that IP in your browser.
If that doesn't work, try connecting to the same IP using telnet (in the command line terminal I think simply typing in "telnet yourip" and pressing enter works).
If it asks you for a username/password, that means your modem might have its own firewall among other services.
If so, contact your ISP or look for a manual online or the default username/password for your modem online IF connecting with telnet works (= asks you for username/password).
If it does NOT ask you for a username, then most likely the problem is still with your PC's firewall.
Try to disable the firewall temporarily to see if Open Port Check Tool works now, if not - try backing up the current firewall rules, then delete all the rules and only create one rule to allow all connections and see if it works now.
If that doesn't even work, and you've tried every other step before, then I'm out of suggestions.
If messing with your PC's firewall worked, make sure to go back to the old settings so your computer isn't at serious risk of being attacked and infected and try to find the rule or setting that's causing you the problem and just remove that one.

it has always been more easier via cable all tutorials on youtube are related to that
maybe u could be more pro or have more knowledge but i have a clue of what im talking
why u are so mean? please stop your non-sense comments
pd: if u wanna help dont understimate my comments and just help this guy
pd2: config or changes via cable or wifi have too much difference even more for people whitout much knowledge

Last edited:
I tried all the following steps you guys said. Same thing, the page is blank like the image i showed earlier on my post.
I wrote ipconfig in cmd. Wrote my defauly gateway ip in the internet browser nothing worked. Evven tried to write subnet,ip4 adress, same outcome

My isp hasn't blocked my ports.It's not within their policy to do so.
However if i should portforward to open my ports how do i do it? im not exactly using a router. connected via ethernet cable.

Tried all of the above

Back