• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem with ports

johandexter

Reaction score
Hi
I am trying to open up my tibia servers so my friends can connect to it. I can connect with the public ip adress but other people can't connect.
When i check online it looks like my ports 80 7171 and 7172 are blocked. I have tried opening them through my firewall still nothing works.
I have tried closing down skype since i know it can block port 80.

Portforwarding won't really help me since im not using a router.

I tried all the following steps you guys said. Same thing, the page is blank like the image i showed earlier on my post.
I wrote ipconfig in cmd. Wrote my defauly gateway ip in the internet browser nothing worked. Evven tried to write subnet,ip4 adress, same outcome
Did you also try the telnet step?
The modem might run a telnet service without a http service.
The most thorough way to check what services are running on your open and is accessible is to download nmap and run nmap -p 1-65535 yourgatewayip

Anyway, doesn't seem to be an issue with your modem then, and you say you've contacted your ISP and that they're not blocking those ports, so if I were you I'd focus on your firewall at this point.
Control panel -> Windows firewall.

Keep in mind that running a server on your own Windows machine is kinda risky anyway.
If you have an extra PC running at home that you don't care about so much, then it's np.
But otherwise I honestly recommend to either just run the server locally for yourself or to run the server on a Linux VPS instead, if your server can be compiled on Linux, and it should, main question is if it's easy and if there's a tutorial for your distro.

Im not going to run the server on my computer. I want to run it to check what needs to be added balance out vocation/test spells and so on. Main reason is that my friends can't connect to the server.
I have tried the firewall option and it didn't work.
What is the telnet service step?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump,anyone has any other solution. I cant seem to figure this out

Bump. Just checked, i do not have a router nor a modem, everything is cable/ethernet. How do i get the ports open

-- The OTX Server Config -- Owner Data ownerName = "" ownerEmail = "" - Pastebin.com This is how my config lua is setup, if you guys might find anything wrong there

Rules for the Support board

So your cable goes where? Right into the wall?
Normally you have a box called router and that has a cable that goes into the wall.

That way you can use Wi-Fi and connect more then 1 computer to the network.

If you missed that, check the model name on it and google "make model port forwarding"

fh69S
My cable goes right into the wall with a ethernet cable. And in my other room where the box is located. There are 3 ethernet cables.Whichever port the ethernet cable is connected in means that a specifik room in the house has access to internet. Then there is a adapter. I took a picture to show you guys how it looks like. I have tried connecting to 192.168.0.1 on my browser but nothing happens. I will show a picture of how it looks like.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

fh69S
My cable goes right into the wall with a ethernet cable. And in my other room where the box is located. There are 3 ethernet cables.Whichever port the ethernet cable is connected in means that a specifik room in the house has access to internet. Then there is a adapter. I took a picture to show you guys how it looks like. I have tried connecting to 192.168.0.1 on my browser but nothing happens. I will show a picture of how it looks like.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Well your router could have a diffrent ip, even if that is the most common one.
But you have 5 wires hooked in, you should have 1 if you don't have a router IMO.

Or are they wired from a port to another port? Can't see due to the zoom and the white holder in the middle.

In rare occasions one apartment building can share a "router" / rack router, in that case you pay for the internet via your rent and just hook the computer into a port in that box.
If thats the case I suppose you have to talk to the landlord and ask them to open up those ports.

The building does not share a router. The ports in the box are numbers 1 to like 8.there are 3 thernet cables in the box so if you connect 1 of them in port 4 and the other ethernet cable in port 6 that means that the room that has number 4 and 6 will have access to internet.

As y ou can see on the image this picture is taken from my room. So the ethernet cable is connected on number 7 which means in the box i have to connect the ethernet cable there to port 7. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I have actually not have had any problems with this before, it has worked. My ports has never been blocked before. Even tried closing my firewall completely and it didn't help.

The building does not share a router. The ports in the box are numbers 1 to like 8.there are 3 thernet cables in the box so if you connect 1 of them in port 4 and the other ethernet cable in port 6 that means that the room that has number 4 and 6 will have access to internet.

As y ou can see on the image this picture is taken from my room. So the ethernet cable is connected on number 7 which means in the box i have to connect the ethernet cable there to port 7. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I have actually not have had any problems with this before, it has worked. My ports has never been blocked before. Even tried closing my firewall completely and it didn't help.

Well it's really weird in that case, try contacting your ISP and ask them for more info.

If you don't block anything from your computer (ex firewall etc)
And you don't have a router then you should be able to see that the ports are open via ex Open Port Check Tool

I contacted my isp 2 times. They said that "they believe in open internet" and its not in their policy to block ports.Thus they couldn't help me.

Error: I could not see your service on 94.255.130.238 on port (7171)

I contacted my isp 2 times. They said that "they believe in open internet" and its not in their policy to block ports.Thus they couldn't help me.

Error: I could not see your service on 94.255.130.238 on port (7171)

That means it's blocked in some way.
Either your ISP (most likely them if you don't have a router and don't share it aka someone else has to open the ports for you)
Or your computer has a firewall / antivirus program that blocks incoming traffic.

We really can't help you more in this case, if you can't get it to work and can't get any help from your ISP I would probbly get a VPS for testing (they don't cost that much per month)

Im using windows 8 on my computer i have deactivated the whole firewall,should i do anything more then that? One more thing i have to add if this could be a problem. So you know when i mentioned that there are ports in every room with numbers. My room had number 7. So in the box where the three thernet cables are located. They are connected to port 7 so i get internet. Port 5 and port1. So the living room and my brothers room get access to internet aswell. So in the living room and my brothers room they decided that they do not want to use a ethernet cable directly to the pc. So they whent and got themselves a router for my brothers room and the living room which they connect the ethernet cable to the wall. So i actually got 2 routers in the house. But im not using internet from that router. Both the router and i are connected via the box with the three ethernet cables. Could it be that the routers are blocking me somehow?

Im using windows 8 on my computer i have deactivated the whole firewall,should i do anything more then that? One more thing i have to add if this could be a problem. So you know when i mentioned that there are ports in every room with numbers. My room had number 7. So in the box where the three thernet cables are located. They are connected to port 7 so i get internet. Port 5 and port1. So the living room and my brothers room get access to internet aswell. So in the living room and my brothers room they decided that they do not want to use a ethernet cable directly to the pc. So they whent and got themselves a router for my brothers room and the living room which they connect the ethernet cable to the wall. So i actually got 2 routers in the house. But im not using internet from that router. Both the router and i are connected via the box with the three ethernet cables. Could it be that the routers are blocking me somehow?

Normally you have a router (4 out ports, 1-3 in ports(green, black and gray I think)
If you have 2 you most likely have 1 router and one of the wires going from the router goes to a modem, that can give you more ports to connect more computers.

This is how it normally is
xqMXq2o.png

You should in your box have a router, that you connect the 1-4 (1-7? in your case) cables to.
The box is just a cable junction since the cables are built into the walls.

Not sure why you would have 2 routers or even a modem with a router if you only have 3 rooms connected, I would install 1 of them into the box (as it should be, on the white mounting plate) and connect the computers from there.
Then open the ports from there, otherwise you have to check how the cables are routed so you aren't connected to a modem and your brother has the router itself.
If you wish to keep it as is you need to open the ports on both the router and modem.

Do you think it would help turning off the two routers. Do you think the ports would be open then? Does it even matter if the router is in the living room or in the box shouldn't i be able to connect to the router wherever it is to portforward.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet I do not even get a option to connect to a router on my pc

Whats the name of your ISP?
If the router is not connected you should have no problems connecting to the server or the ports.

But try to go to Kontrollpanelen (control panel) then to Visa datorer och enheter i nätverket (show computers and units in this network) then you should have the router in the top menu row.
Right click on it and you should be able to click visa enhetens webbsida (show unit website)

Looking up at this thread and I think some ppl are telling bullshit here..

first of all the only ports you need to foward, are 7171 , 7172, and 80 only if you have a website.

Make sure your mac address has a reserved address ip in your rooter, so it will always use the same address example :192.168.1.100 or whatever you set that to.

Foward the port for that address that you reserved for your computer.

Also, make sure you added the same ports exception to the firewall of your computer

In your config.Lua , you must set the address ip to your global ip address, which is not the same as this one 192.168.x.xx,

note: there is several online port-check tools, that will tells you if your ports are opens are closed, but if you want this to works, you must make sure that your application using these ports are running on your computer.
If you are using port-check tool and your TFS.exe is not running, it will always tells you that port 7171 and 7172 are closed. the reason of that is because the port that are not being used by any program on your computer are automatically closed, and will open only when your application run. So check-port tool can tells you that your port are closed even though you forwarded everything correctly in your rooter.

The port number the your ethernet cable is connected too means nothing, you can connect it in any port, or even use the wifi to portfoward, as long as the max address of your network adaptor has a reserved ip-address in your rooter it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bredband 2. This is the image when i followed your instructions Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet. Bredband 2 said" vi blockerar inga portar då vi tror på öppen internet" we do not block any ports because we believe in open internet

Then you have to have a modem and or router that blocks it.
By default most routers block all ports, so if you wanna use one of them you have to open it / them.

Looking up at this thread and I think some ppl are telling bullshit here..

first of all the only ports you need to foward, are 7171 , 7172, and 80 only if you have a website.

Make sure your mac address has a reserved address ip in your rooter, so it will always use the same address example :192.168.1.100 or whatever you set that to.

Foward the port for that address that you reserved for your computer.

Also, make sure you added the same ports exception to the firewall of your computer

In your config.Lua , you must set the address ip to your global ip address, which is not the same as this one 192.168.x.xx,

note: there is several online port-check tools, that will tells you if your ports are opens are closed, but if you want this to works, you must make sure that your application using these ports are running on your computer.
If you are using port-check tool and your TFS.exe is not running, it will always tells you that port 7171 and 7172 are closed. the reason of that is because the port that are not being used by any program on your computer are automatically closed, and will open only when your application run. So check-port tool can tells you that your port are closed even though you forwarded everything correctly in your rooter.

The port number the your ethernet cable is connected too means nothing, you can connect it in any port, or even use the wifi to portfoward, as long as the max address of your network adaptor has a reserved ip-address in your rooter it will work.

Rules for the Support board

Will turning the router off help?

If you don't run a router or modem it should be okay.
But a warning is that some ISPs in Sweden requires certain configs for the internet to work, thats why some run into issues when they wanna use a router that you didn't get from that company.
But im not sure about BB2

So you might not be able to use the internet without a router and you will most likely only be able to connect 1 computer and no Wi-Fi

Back