• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem with saving. Need help from someone experienced

trixet

Reaction score
I got huge problems while trying to save.

For an example, just for some minutes ago everything worked fine, but suddenly when someone logged out an error message occured: "Error while saving player xxxx"

Also, when i press "Save server" in the console, everything just freezes and the server stops to respond. I gave 10 minutes, but then restarted it, and to my supprise, the players had been saved, but not the houses.

Is there any other more stable save function? Or maybe I have to do something in my database ?

Oh yea, sometimes the server tries to auto save the server - and this is how it stands.
[12/10/2008 21:40:18] > Saving server...
[12/10/2008 21:40:27] [Error - GlobalEvents:nThink] Couldn't execute event: save

Someone please help me with this

It is.. I dont have it right here, but it is something like
MySQL error: Lost connection with blablabla player_deaths

I will check for it next time it happens and come back

I'm using TFS 0.3a1 latest tags rev

Is it "MySQL Error: Lost connection with server during query"?

If so, do you host your mysql server on a remote computer, or the same computer? Since it seems that when the server connects to your MySQL server to save players, it looses connection with it for some reason.

ah, alright :p atleast i know then that it is not something wrong with my database :p

It seems to be atleast a bit more stable now when I added a save function.

Thanks for answering.

Back