• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem with The Forgotten 8.31

dinhus2jaque

Reaction score
Hi, when my OTServ is opened for a while, it freezes my whole computer... I don't know what is going on...
Is this happening only with me or is someone with this problem?
Can anyone help me? :(
Thanks!

pings,could they break all the pc?
i belive its the DB that's full (if its even possible)
it breaks my pc, soo much that after i reset the ot server the error goes away for 3 days, after that the ot server gets full and itends hapening everything again... in my friends computer it happened the same with him online on my server, with the same configuration that my pc...

Sounds to me like your computer hardware is giving up or overheating, either that or some driver dosnt like TFS and decides to freeze windows.

First of all i suggest you download and run memtest to make sure your ram isnt going to hell

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Secondly i suggest you check your harddrive's S.M.A.R.T readings to make sure its not that which is on the verge of crashing, any program which does it would suffice.
Personally however, i suggest hdtune, its free and tells you basic info

HD Tune

Thirdly i would suggest that you download a program which keeps track of your CPU (and maybe even your GPU) temprature, since an overheating CPU/GPU can also cause this problem in some cases (which is usually caused by, yes you guessed it, fans clogged by dust), for this i suggest hwmonitor.
(Keep the program running and visible when you run your server, and when it freezes, look at its last readings and see if it displays some crazy readings like 110C CPU temp or something)

CPUID

If none of these things gives you any solution, my suggestion is to format your computer, begin with a fresh install of your OS, and see if it solves the problem, since sometimes, old/bugged drivers, viruses and old programs, and even a messy registry can cause these kinds of problems.

Back