• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Professional programing services - C/C++/C#/Python/PHP/Lua

@iNux Why?
It's always good to support developers who spend much of their personal time programming for the benefit of others.
I'm sure most of you use an AdBlock, but how many of you have actually donated the developer?
"I wanna earn money on the internet but at the same time not pay for anything"
This is the attitude many people have, but that's not how the world works.
Sadly at the same time, many people give money to people on the internet who barely do any work, underestimating how much work it is to for example make and maintain a working AdBlock compared to a simple shitty OT.
And not everything has to be exclusive to the supporters for infinity. Open source is always worth supporting.

@iNux Why?
It's always good to support developers who spend much of their personal time programming for the benefit of others.
I'm sure most of you use an AdBlock, but how many of you have actually donated the developer?
"I wanna earn money on the internet but at the same time not pay for anything"
This is the attitude many people have, but that's not how the world works.
Sadly at the same time, many people give money to people on the internet who barely do any work, underestimating how much work it is to for example make and maintain a working AdBlock compared to a simple shitty OT.
And not everything has to be exclusive to the supporters for infinity. Open source is always worth supporting.
It's also because this is an open-source community that has a rule specifically against marketing tools/scripts in any fashion, especially when it's based off of an open source project, changed/optimized/what have you, then marketed for money. At least he still provides the client for free though.
With your example, kondra is in the wrong as well since he isn't supporting the developers of the open source projects he's profiting off of by providing optimizations instead of contributing to the community who's literally letting him profit off of them.
"I wanna earn money on OTLand by taking open source projects and profiting off of them, but at the same time not contribute"

It's also because this is an open-source community that has a rule specifically against marketing tools/scripts in any fashion, especially when it's based off of an open source project, changed/optimized/what have you, then marketed for money. At least he still provides the client for free though.
With your example, kondra is in the wrong as well since he isn't supporting the developers of the open source projects he's profiting off of by providing optimizations instead of contributing to the community who's literally letting him profit off of them.
"I wanna earn money on OTLand by taking open source projects and profiting off of them, but at the same time not contribute"
Well, it has an MIT License. Meaning he is actually allowed to sell but has to do it under the MIT license again.

Well, it has an MIT License. Meaning he is actually allowed to sell but has to do it under the MIT license again.
That wasn't my point, my point was that it's a scummy thing to do. I do understand that he took the time to make all that code, but so did everyone else who made it possible for him to get to the point where he was able to profit off of it.

That wasn't my point, my point was that it's a scummy thing to do. I do understand that he took the time to make all that code, but so did everyone else who made it possible for him to get to the point where he was able to profit off of it.
I wouldn't say that exactly. Yes, it would be way better if he directly supported anyone he uses code of, but he is within is rights.
By your logic, anyone who used nginx, apache, mariadb, mysql and so on without giving them public credit or supporting them financially would be a scum.
You don't want anyone doing this? Don't use an MIT license. There are many more open source licenses out there that forbid anything like this.

There's nothing wrong with using open source software to earn money. Sounds like @Delusion is just jealous that he chose to spend his time spoonfeeding scripts to idiots who will never learn anything regarding programming instead of developing something actual useful like this!

There's nothing wrong with using open source software to earn money. Sounds like @Delusion is just jealous that he chose to spend his time spoonfeeding scripts to idiots who will never learn anything regarding programming instead of developing something actual useful like this!
Imagine creating a new account just to insult me because you're afraid.

What's the point of still bitching when the guy atleast released THE MOST COMPLETE otclient out there? rolf.

Excellent programmer, very professional, fast and efficient.
hard to see another equal.
I always recommend that you are having difficulties and need an excellent programmer, thank you for all @kondra

Yes, but the issue is that when this guys paid 5K for the source all the modules was private and now it's released. So you pay 5K now and someone release the src? too risk! 🥴
Yea i do agree with that, it is somewhat concerning with this community as well.

Yea i do agree with that, it is somewhat concerning with this community as well.
Yes, but the issue is that when this guys paid 5K for the source all the modules was private and now it's released. So you pay 5K now and someone release the src? too risk! 🥴
The source is not public. Only the compiled version.
Good luck trying to reverse engineer that.

The source is not public. Only the compiled version.
Good luck trying to reverse engineer that.
The source is being sold for 5k. He said someone could purchase it and leak it. You quoted us but didn't read the messages?

The source is being sold for 5k. He said someone could purchase it and leak it. You quoted us but didn't read the messages?

They didnt pay for the thing that was released.
Sure, people could leak it.
But ask yourself this, If you paid 5k USD for something, would you then give it away for free?
Im guessing that if people are willing to pay the price, they are going to use it for themselves, and not release it to the public, hence the high price

They didnt pay for the thing that was released.
Sure, people could leak it.
But ask yourself this, If you paid 5k USD for something, would you then give it away for free?
Im guessing that if people are willing to pay the price, they are going to use it for themselves, and not release it to the public, hence the high price
We know they didn't.. the point was referring to paying 5k for something that could be released. Sure it might not be... but it also could be. That was his only argument lol, this doesn't seem like that complex of a hypothetical.

We are considering purchasing the source already, but we also have considered this hypothetical of happening and factored that in.

Imagine no one ever releasing anything for free or leaking anything at all.
What a community we would have!

For the record, discussing the purchase of files is against our rules on OTLand. So refrain from doing so.
By what is mentioned in this thread, the thread starter is not selling any source files for any price.

Imagine no one ever releasing anything for free or leaking anything at all.
What a community we would have!

For the record, discussing the purchase of files is against our rules on OTLand. So refrain from doing so.
By what is mentioned in this thread, the thread starter is not selling any source files for any price.
I do agree it would be nice if the source was released for free.

Back