• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programming question!

jogui1

Server developer
Reaction score
Hey, im new to programming and i have a question thats maybe a little bit stupid haha.

When i look at the lua and xml script i understand what the mean but...
The thing i dont understand is where the codes come from. i understand that combat_energydamage in a spell script wil make the damage energy related. But where do the script get the combat_energydamage code from? how does the script know it is energy based or looking the way its looking? Because its like a tibia based script. Insite another game that got spells that are scripted lua based it wont work ofcourse.

(also curries because i might want to go some deeper in programming and wondering how i could add like new damage types,effects ect. Or for diffrent things like talkactions or something.)

THANKS ALREDY :)

Hello.

everything is in the source :)
you can add or edit functions in source used by language c++
just download any source get Visual Studio or just notepad++ and look into the codes maybe then you understand.

Best Regards
mlody.1039

Thanks you very mutch for your awnser cleared up alot but than i got another stupid question:p
Where can i find the source haha.

Thanks you very mutch for your awnser cleared up alot but than i got another stupid question:p
Where can i find the source haha.

That depends. Many times its distributed with the server (Like Cykos 0.3.6) or maybe in the svn (all 0.2.x and almost all 0.3.x revs are there). TFS 1.0 is available on github. For the 0.4 revs you can look here

Back