• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Project Regicide

Peroxide

Gone since January 2018
Senator
Reaction score

Who is in Project Regicide:
What sort of Open-Tibia server will it be?
Project Regicide aims to deliver a Player vs Player (PvP/War) server like no other and guarantee there'll be new things to see.

What's so different about it?
Well, Project Regicide will have a tonne of custom features, catapults, ballistas and so forth. The score system is based on Halo 4.
Each team will have flags and banners set up around the city for when their team controls the city, the team that is ruling the city will be able to
close gates to limit possible enemy intruders into the city. Each team has an MVP a.k.a King on this server, the king is randomly selected and is weaker than the other players on his team, however the king scores with a permanent multiplier, over time the king will grow stronger (defensively). More information can be found here

Project Regicide group is now public:
Join here to get the latest updates

Your feedback will help!
Genuine Feedback should be posted here

We need help deciding whether or not to limit the vocations to Archers and Knights to keep it 100% melee and distance. Post your feedback here

Like us on Facebook

Last edited:
Scripts are coming along great. Map is slowing a little, the city limits are done and now I just have to detail the inner city and spawns.

Battle System!
Kiaora peeps,
Just doing a quick update on Project Regicides server-side functionality so far!

Right now my goal is to finish what I am currently calling the 'Battle System'. This will allow for battle types such as the obvious 'Regicide' battle and perhaps in the near future other variations!
So far what has been done is the following:

• Teams - Auto assigned a team when joining a match, team bases are chosen at random each map
  • Limits - Time, score, and kill limits per match that will end the match when met
  • Team outfits - Each team can have set outfit colours (currently are able to change the look type)
  • Map register - Maps can be registered to battles to allow for multi maps per battle type
  • Combat - Players cannot attack their team or heal the enemy, also cannot attack players before the battle has begun
  • Re-spawn - players are re-spawned to their base, without losing any status and also cannot be attacked for 10 seconds after re-spawn
  • Match data - Data about each players kills, deaths, damage dealt, and healing dealt for end game statistics
Anyway, there is of course a lot more to come :)
Feedback/Ideas/Suggestions are all appreciated!

Cheers,
Ben

Australian servers do get players! Just not many! =D
Until recently though anyone outside our region would have terrible lag on Australian servers.
I say until recently because our situation is now improving rapidly. We also now have Amazon EC2 in Sydney. I'll be switching to this soon.

After reading about this project a little I can't see any reason why this couldnt be geared towards servers in multiple locations. Lets say Europe, North America & Australia.

Australian servers do get players! Just not many! =D
Until recently though anyone outside our region would have terrible lag on Australian servers.
I say until recently because our situation is now improving rapidly. We also now have Amazon EC2 in Sydney. I'll be switching to this soon.

After reading about this project a little I can't see any reason why this couldnt be geared towards servers in multiple locations. Lets say Europe, North America & Australia.

We're still ranked 42nd on the world internet listing, behind Israel and Georgia.
I live in what you could call a "Rich" area of Melbourne, we have ADSL1, and plans for ASDL2 in 3 years. (By then the rest of the world will have fibre)
6-7 years for Fibre/NBN, joy.

Oh indeed residential internet is going to suck for a long time to come, the NBN is a good start but the rollout is slow as you mentioned!
I was more talking about the commercial and enterprise services! Amazons EC2 in Sydney is very affordable and world class. I would never recommend hosting from a residential connection in australia! Though I use to host from home too =D

Back