• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Project] RookWar by Eldin

Eldin

Eldin Projects
Premium User
Reaction score
RookWar by Eldin

Rookgaard.jpg

Greets! Lets begin with some background history...

Its been years, and im now about to give this idea a real shot. For a long time ago, I came up with the idea of having a War Server in real Rookgaard, at that time, I made a really small version, everyone created their character, started at lvl 8 with a few small runes like poison fields and light magic missiles.

At that time, the server didn't became a big one, only had a few players even if those players loved the server idea. I gave out the server for they who wanted it and my little brother started to host it, with main runes, high lvls etc, it went a kinda succes, and there we had it, a War in the Rookgaard Town, another type of a RookWar then my basic idea was, but still a working RookWar.

I cannot swear that I was first with this idea at that time, but the idea popped up in my head from real tibias test server fights from Rookgaard and I had not seen the idea when I started to create my server. Now, some years later, a few servers has been made with this concept, (Im not an active player so I may be wrong, its maybe more?), but I haven't yet heard about a perfect RookWar server, and definitely not Eldin Style!

MapMarkings.jpg

RookWar in Eldin Style! (New One)

Nowadays, you see the same kinds of servers over and over again, Real Maps and Extremely High LvL Wars. We fight in the levels of thousands, we fight against massive boss monsters, we get bored and starts over on another server with the same "challanges" again. Im about to create something new!

The Idea:

Why always fight against power monsters when you can fight against the normal ones at normal levels?
Or why not LOWER levels?
And why always have those PvP-Wars at extremely high lvls?
Why not in "low" levels?
I promise you, those things can make your adrenaline rush!

How it will work:
You will begin at level 8 and level 40-50 will be counted as an "high-level".
Those levels will be reached in Stages so you'll have an easier start.
The Map will be the "Entire" Real Rookgaard, so you do know how it looks.
All the Monsters on the map has been changed to "main" monsters.
The NPCS has also been changed to fit your new needs with potions, runes etc.
A few Houses has also been added at the places they fit.
Depots will ofcourse be found at the "old" trading spots.
The Quests has been changed to better rewards.
PvP will not be possible before level 10, might change it to 15.
And AoL will only cost 100 Gold.
Aswell as Blessings will also be cheap.
Promotion can still be bought at level 20 for now 2000 Gold.
Thinking about PvP-E when killing players with higher levels.

Houses.jpg

And...

Im also trying to make everything as perfect as possible, like working levers and other things that you are expecting to work with some changes to prevent "idiots" to just **** with you.

RookWarLever.jpg

And...

To also prevent those new and really low level players to just create a new character and destroy for others, level limits has been set in as for example the bridge that leads out from the city.

LvLBridge.jpg

So...

The plan is to create a server, with both serious perspective aswell as kinda easy, fun PvP one, everyone knows the map but its still changed and fun to explore, the creatures will once again give you some fight instead of being seen as small pets aswell as fun PvP without really losing that much during death. Healings will probably give abit more compared to the damage taken so everyone has quite a fair chance to survive both creatures and player attacks.
The point is to give you a feeling about a "main server" but still in rook at abit lower levels!

Now feel free to comment, give me ideas and feedback about anything at all related to the server!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

PS: Was completed and hosted at 9.31 with a succes. Crushed bugs etc and released it.
A new release will occur with the latest Client and TFS 1.0 once its full release is a fact.

Last edited:
Some problems that you might be able to help me with:

Website for TFS 9.10:
I would like to use Modern AAC with all features.
Got knowledge about it? Feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
Welcome back Eldin, glad to see you are founding another project. It sounds promising, good luck.

-----

Some problems that you might be able to help me with:

RME Map Editor 8.7/8.7+
Im not sure if I should just fix that myself or not as Remere hasen't released a new version that supports it.
Im afraid that "self-changing it" may cause problems once Remere (If he didnt die?) fix the "Real-One", don't want "backwork".
So whats your oppinion about it? Any tip?

I personally think you should edit RME to complete this project. I have had to rely on tutorials to fix RME in order to operate properly for my 8.7x maps and they have worked just fine. As long as you aren't changing sprites, any update he may input should still work fine with your map until a major update is released with new sprites.

J.Dre

I remember you, you never done anything on the easy way, you always look for the better, and you always put effort on what ever you doing, DO NOT RELEASEit, seriously, dont end that good server on noobs hand, does not worth it.

Last edited:
J.Dre - Alright. I'll probably go for that then as I want to finish the server, and thank you for the welcome.

Wezza - Are people actually remember me? This gives me alot of new spirit! Thanks ALOT for that comment! ;)

Wipflash - Thank You! :)

Last edited:
Good luck, I remember when I used your server and you helped me out. I think it was '07-08 @ OTFans, I used another nickname though. :)

Im glad to hear that, I'll try to help as much as I can and have time for. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I thought it will be released in max a week bro :p
Looks sad that remere not update the map editor /:

Keep up the good work and do never release it for free!!!

I found out that Remere is working on the MapEditor, therefor I'll wait, so hopefully soon! :)

I don't really get that people don't want others to release servers for free,
the Open Tibia community needs it to get rid of some "Real Map" servers.
However, Its also nice that alot of people want the serious ones to have the servers and keep them that way. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

The server is still on "paus mode".
It will started again directly when Remere updates the map editor, it should then take around 2 weeks to finish it.

Once its finished, it will be hosted and also tested to get rid of possible bugs, after that, its time to share it for everyone to download!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Finally, I start to work on RookWar again!

Code:
New Changes:
-RookWar is now Client 9.10 (If everything keeps working fine)
-You now get full HP and full Mana when you level up.
-Exura will now start to heal 20-30HP instead of 1-10HP. (Will be changed if higher mages can abuse it)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I think that what you're doing is great. I just saw this post and I know it's kinda old but I just want you to know that I'm excited for this server. I good war server is really hard to find. And I have to disagree with the others. I think that you should release the server to a few people who you know wont destroy it. They will enhance it to help you further your server. Not just add donations, higher exp and host it.

Thank You!
I know that is kinda old aswell, I almost finished it but then got busy in real life aswell as waited for Remere to update the mapeditor.
Didn't know it was gonna take months... Now, I wont wait any longer and im working to complete it as fast as possible.

I will probably release it but one thing can be as you said, to release it to some chosen people.
Thanks again for the comment! :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Progress:

Code:
New Changes/Fixes for RookWar 9.10:
-Protection level is now 15 instead of 10 so you'll get a good start before fighting.
-All Action Scripts are now working. (For 9.10)
-All Movement Scripts are now working. (For 9.10)
-All Runes has now been fixed to fit Wars at lvl 15-50. (fixed lvls, m-lvls, mana cost etc)
-All Spells has now been fixed to fit Wars at lvl 15-50. (fixed lvls, m-lvls, mana cost etc)
-All Melee Weapons has been changed, you can now use any Melee Weapon at lvl 8.

/Eldin

Awesome!
I was looking for a 9.1 war server and it seems that you are putting lot of work on it, hope you finish soon i cant wait to play it.

When you get the server started and working, if you need any staff to monitor anything or what not, I can be of help there. I'm not asking for GM or CM just a position that can report bugs to you so that you can fix them something without the ability to attack/get attacked.

Progress:

Thank You Jan94!

BigB, I'll keep that in mind! Got knowledge about setting up OT websites? If so, PM me. :)

Code:
New Changes/Fixes for RookWar 9.10:
-Utevo Lux fixed. Works for 11 minutes again instead of 10 seconds. (New TFS bug?)
-All NPCs now works fine again. (For 9.10)
-Server will be PvP instead of PvP-E so both AoL and Blessings will be apart of the Game.
-Effects and Texts at different Advances, both Levels and Skills.

/Eldin

Last edited:
Back