• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Project Thakala (Looking for mappers)

... So few days have went by and the city is still under construction. The phase we're working on right now is not enough.
We still need citizens to help us out creating this wonderful city :wub:

For the mapping position add my msn: [email protected]

Update: The agile philosophers have made breakthroughs, while the gods have given the inhabitants a special gift. Ever since they saw people running into each other, they have felt bad, so they have bestowed a special gift to every inhabitant of Thakala.

As long as the person you try to walk through is not PZ'd or PvP'ing, you will be fine.

Progress update:
Intellect, Spirit and Stamina are fully working. Miner and Lumberjack are also fully working. A few bugs have been fixed in the stats, and all vocations have been created. Whether we will add a few more vocations or not is undecided, but we currently have 21 vocations in total. The vocation table has been added to the main post, names are to be announced. Also, we will be using a new language for all spells, and there will only be a few basic spells from Tibia implemented, the rest will hopefully be custom.

We're also still looking for testers, mappers and game masters. All testers and staff will receive a beta account that will allow access to our beta server, which means you will get access to all server content before anyone else.

Quick update: I've managed to get every stat working to it's full extent.

2nd Progess update: I have added the class "party" quest to the main post.
custom spell = fail sry man, but it fucking sucks

custom spell = fail sry man, but it fucking sucks

So.... your basis for custom spells failing is that you think they suck? How is that remotely any proof to backup your opinion? Are you trying to say that implementing custom vocations with all the same spells from Tibia, even if they do not fit that vocations description is less of a fail then if I were to balance out the vocations and give them new spells?

I apologize sir, but I will not be sucked into the "ZOMG I MADE AN RL MAP" OTs. Now, do not get me wrong, I am not mocking them, I am just saying that I would rather make a customized server, than an RL Map. Just because you have no basis for saying custom spells suck, makes me think you just want attention. How about you explain to everyone who has read your half-assed response to this thread why custom spells suck.

Kthxbye

Just a quick update. We have had a few freelance mappers join the project, which are completely welcome. By freelance I mean mappers who make little things like a house or a cave and then send them to Linus and he adds them where he sees fit. Also, if they want to go to other projects, we do not stop them. Complete freedom basically.

I can be Your GM .
I can be online alot so i can be ingame Community Handler.

Regards Arkta !

I can be a GM, Tutor and perhaps a Web Designer, depends.
Though, I haven't got the time to write an application, so Private message me and I'll get back to you.

I can be Your GM .
I can be online alot so i can be ingame Community Handler.

Regards Arkta !

I do not really need GMs who interact with the community...

I can be a GM, Tutor and perhaps a Web Designer, depends.
Though, I haven't got the time to write an application, so Private message me and I'll get back to you.

It would be easier if you at least put in some effort to get in contact with me...

Yes, the server is still being worked on, just waiting for my mappers.

Progress Update: Things are moving rather slowly because of mapping issues. I have implemented a Real Estate system via NPCs. All houses will be managed by these NPCs.

Can't wait to play it. I wish I were better at mapping so I could help the project move a bit faster.

Quick update: I have went around the lands of Thakala speaking with the inhabitants, and they have decided to stop using the NPC chat window and go back to simpler times where they could speak openly in public and only have to deal with one person at a time.

Is the OT on already?

Nah, we need a bit more mapping done, and I have been working like a madman on the scripts. If the mapper starts working again we might launch within a week to 2 weeks, if not, then we will be looking at another delayed launch.

Bump/Question for everyone: Would you all still play if I took over the mapping and just speed mapped and detailed with updates? So far Linus has disappeared and the map is only at 1MB. .-. All the ideas are solid, the map is just taking forever so I was considering taking over and just mapping it nub like and then detailing and professionalizing it with updates.

Opinions are welcome.

I'm back, let's talk on msn! Mapping is back on ;)

I am currently in class, when I get home I will message you on MSN. Till then, try and do some mapping.

Update: The scholars and philosophers have gone back to work on spell creation.

Back